...................And it looks like Andrew Luck is human after all!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jeez why can't that Cowboys team show up every week? It was nearly a perfect game!

How to win with Tim Tebow: Don't throw the ball. Ever. Don't give him the chance to screw up. Play good defense.

Kid is going to have no confidence if this keeps up. And they get the Jets on a short week. Going to be ugly.

Btw, How bout them Cowboys?

Ravens got embarrassed.

Does Tarvaris Jackson get the haters of his back yet? Has Seattle finally realized who they are and can start to build the team around a solid foundation?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nofaith View Post
    Does Tarvaris Jackson get the haters of his back yet? Has Seattle finally realized who they are and can start to build the team around a solid foundation?
    They played Dallas really well last week then beat the Ravens. I'd say they are certainly improving.

Seattle is never going to be a winning team with Tavaris. They need to draft or bring someone in. Seattle is playing better, but there are still tons of problems with that team.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    Seattle is never going to be a winning team with Tavaris. They need to draft or bring someone in. Seattle is playing better, but there are still tons of problems with that team.
    No doubt, I'm just content right now with signs of life from this team. We're still not "fixed". I've been a hardcore never say die since Chuck Knox so the past few years have been haaaarrrddd on me =/

On the TJack thing though, I was actually impressed with his poise today. I will agree that he hasn't had great solid games to prove he can be the man, but he's moving in the right direction. With a lot more short passes mixed in it really helped him manage the game and that's a good thing. The running game being consistent is really helping him (like any other QB sure). Some of the positives I see with Tavaris makes me think he can be a solid QB (game management, natural throwing ability on the run, and at times spectacular accuracy) but I need to see that consistently before I'm officially "on board". I would like to see a more natural winner in for sure, but at least we're past the Whitehurst thing.

Penalties are still out of effing control. Our D is definitely our core right now and if they can just get past the flags on third downs I really think they can get even more dominant. But point blank that side of the ball has shown glimmers here and there of being simply bad ass. I really hope we can continue to progress there too, and I am confident we will.

Just a thought but with the system that Pete is installing I don't think TJack will have to be the stud all the time for success. I think Pete will really start to spread everything out responsibility-wise and make this game what it is supposed to be and a depend on every single player week in and week out.

I know, perhaps it's all a dream but I definitely am happy with today. =D

---------- Post added 2011-11-13 at 05:46 PM ----------

How to win with Tim Tebow: Don't throw the ball. Ever. Don't give him the chance to screw up. Play good defense.

Kid is going to have no confidence if this keeps up. And they get the Jets on a short week. Going to be ugly.

2 completions? lolwut?

No doubt, I'm just content right now with signs of life from this team. We're still not "fixed". I've been a hardcore never say die since Chuck Knox so the past few years have been haaaarrrddd on me =/

On the TJack thing though, I was actually impressed with his poise today. I will agree that he hasn't had great solid games to prove he can be the man, but he's moving in the right direction. With a lot more short passes mixed in it really helped him manage the game and that's a good thing. The running game being consistent is really helping him (like any other QB sure). Some of the positives I see with Tavaris makes me think he can be a solid QB (game management, natural throwing ability on the run, and at times spectacular accuracy) but I need to see that consistently before I'm officially "on board". I would like to see a more natural winner in for sure, but at least we're past the Whitehurst thing.

Penalties are still out of effing control. Our D is definitely our core right now and if they can just get past the flags on third downs I really think they can get even more dominant. But point blank that side of the ball has shown glimmers here and there of being simply bad ass. I really hope we can continue to progress there too, and I am confident we will.

Just a thought but with the system that Pete is installing I don't think TJack will have to be the stud all the time for success. I think Pete will really start to spread everything out responsibility-wise and make this game what it is supposed to be and a depend on every single player week in and week out.

I know, perhaps it's all a dream but I definitely am happy with today. =D

---------- Post added 2011-11-13 at 05:46 PM ----------

2 completions? lolwut?
    I don't think he had any completions in the first half. I think he was like 0-4 at halftime or something just really ridiculous.

i think David Reed was wearing a Seahawks jersey today. Might be wrong though

Two touchdowns to his name that game. Just sayin'. I realize this forum has a hard-on for number of completions.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Two touchdowns to his name that game. Just sayin'. I realize this forum has a hard-on for number of completions.
    I'm not a Tebow hater by any means but he's going to have to get a hell of a lot better if he wants to stay in the NFL. You'd be hard pressed to come up with a top ten list of games won by a Qb with less completions than that.
    Last edited by Nofaith; 2011-11-14 at 03:48 AM. Reason: spelling is hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I'm with ya BP, but then again I'm a Gator fan, so I've loved Tebow for awhile. But "at the end of the day", all the stats don't mean squat. The only one that does is that win-loss record.

I'm not a Tebow hater by any means but he's going to have to get a hell of a lot better if he wants to stay in the NFL. You'd be hard pressed to come up with a top ten list of games won by a Qb with less completions than that.
    Oh, I'm not saying that he had a good game passing. I am making sure it's understood that he did throw for a touchdown and run for another while leading an offense that amounted 244 yards rushing with its best player injured, against a team that had no reason not to be able to stop the run (at this point).

And as for how little passes were attempted, the wind was a pretty big factor. Fox said himself that the weather was one of the reasons why he elected not to pass as much. Not that he needed to, though.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2011-11-14 at 04:09 AM.

dbl post ftl
    Last edited by Nofaith; 2011-11-14 at 04:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Jeez why can't that Cowboys team show up every week? It was nearly a perfect game!
    I have their D on one of my fantasy teams ... and i sat them to play San Fran's D. That's 37 points sitting on my bench this week.

4 of their next 5 games are against the Jets, Chargers, Bears and Pats. Ouch.

I don't think he had any completions in the first half. I think he was like 0-4 at halftime or something just really ridiculous.
    I know the Chiefs are bad but seriously ... there truly are no words when you get beat by a team that had a QB w/ 2 completions and a RB that couldn't even get 100 yards out of 30 touches. I really would put this up there as a worse loss than the spanking the Saints gave the Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by Coalex View Post
    i think David Reed was wearing a Seahawks jersey today. Might be wrong though
    Reed may not even be wearing a Ravens jersey by next week. That was horrible ... definitely says something when they sit you and replace you with a guy that has bricks for hands.

Don't even know where to start with that Ravens game.

- David Reed gave them 6 points just off turnovers and another 10 yards on an Unsportsmanlike Conduct the one time he did hold onto the ball.
    - Harbaugh/Cameron once again abandon the run basically at the beginning of the game. Same results as last time.
    - whole lot of the offense staring at the sidelines waiting for plays to come in ... again. yay Cam.
    - 2 more missed FG's. Harbaugh keeps trying 50+ yard FG's despite the fact that Cundiff has only made one out of 7 tries.
    - Harbaugh yet again wastes a challenge on a play that made no sense to challenge.
    - Flacco looked decent, but definitely not his best day. Missed a couple wide open receivers. At least one of them was T. Smith on a sure TD.
    - 22 receptions between Rice and the 2 TE's, yet only 5 for the WR's. What the hell does Boldin need to do to get some touches?
    - whoole lot of 3 and outs.
    - M. Lynch and T. Jackson (who apparently had a gimp throwing arm) just made the Ravens D look silly at times.

---------- Post added 2011-11-13 at 11:37 PM ----------

What the hell is up w/ the Jets?
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

The jets should seriously be ashamed of themselves. That Patriot secondary is a UFL level talented. The fact they've struggled like this, at home, is insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    [/COLOR]What the hell is up w/ the Jets?
    And the Eagles.

It's good to know money doesn't buy wins, a la MLB.

The Jets may have been on a roll their past three games, but deep down they're still a pretty inconsistent team. Pats are almost the epitome of consistency, and it's showing here.

Reed may not even be wearing a Ravens jersey by next week. That was horrible ... definitely says something when they sit you and replace you with a guy that has bricks for hands.

Don't even know where to start with that Ravens game.

- David Reed gave them 6 points just off turnovers and another 10 yards on an Unsportsmanlike Conduct the one time he did hold onto the ball.
    - Harbaugh/Cameron once again abandon the run basically at the beginning of the game. Same results as last time.
    - whole lot of the offense staring at the sidelines waiting for plays to come in ... again. yay Cam.
    - 2 more missed FG's. Harbaugh keeps trying 50+ yard FG's despite the fact that Cundiff has only made one out of 7 tries.
    - Harbaugh yet again wastes a challenge on a play that made no sense to challenge.
    - Flacco looked decent, but definitely not his best day. Missed a couple wide open receivers. At least one of them was T. Smith on a sure TD.
    - 22 receptions between Rice and the 2 TE's, yet only 5 for the WR's. What the hell does Boldin need to do to get some touches?
    - whoole lot of 3 and outs.
    - M. Lynch and T. Jackson (who apparently had a gimp throwing arm) just made the Ravens D look silly at times.[COLOR="red"]
    - Really that 6 points could have been 14 just as easy.
    - Yeah they did abandon run early, but where do you think they would have gotten against this run D? High ranked and have been on fire all year for the most part.
    - Yeah the long FG's really didn't help at all, bad call both times.
    - Did you see the ref's on that challenge try and talk him out of the challenge, just loooooooool
    - I give Flacco a little credit because it really isn't easy to throw against our defensive backfield lately, and given that you could almost make money on the fact they were gonna throw it it really puts a lot of pressure to be perfect since the D can effectively run Dime and Nickle all game.
    - Our corners are beast, I really think teams will have to rely on the shorter pass game to get completions. Really makes me wonder what it would be if our two top corners weren't out for the year.
    - Lots of 3 and outs but the Hawks D have been emerging lately and this may just become a habit before not too long.
    - I really credit game plan on your last point because I watch my Hawks very close all the time and I haven't seen us use that plan at all this year. Maybe our new niche to help the line and TJack keep moving the chains. And TJack's arm has been an issue since halfway through the Giants game. Peck issues are very difficult to get healed mid-season.

---------- Post added 2011-11-13 at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    And the Eagles.

It's good to know money doesn't buy wins, a la MLB.
    I know!!! Super flop! I'm really surprised to be honest. Coach firing incoming!

---------- Post added 2011-11-13 at 09:04 PM ----------

The jets should seriously be ashamed of themselves. That Patriot secondary is a UFL level talented. The fact they've struggled like this, at home, is insane.
    Harsh man, just harsh!