10+ Year Old Account
    Welker is 5'9, Manning is 6'5 according to ESPN. Welker is awfully small for playing in the NFL, but almost perfect for a slot WR with his quickness and agility, he can weasel his way to getting some serious YAC, like in one of his TD's with the spin and dash for the endzone.

Allso, @ the suggestion about changing to another thread: why? There are threads much longer than this one out there, we aren't cluttering anything or bogging people down unless they are masochists and try and read through the whole thing.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Lol that is pretty comical. Blame the broadcaster who was showing the replay over and over and openly quesitoning why he wasn't throwing the flag rather than the replay guy upstairs who is supposed to be watching that stuff. Unless the NBC feed was way behind that they were showing to the teams, can't see how they are at fault.

Saw this on reddit, the Ravens gave up their 7th passing TD of the year in week 10 last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    never realized how short Wes Welker was until watching some highlights just a minute ago. Peyton has like a helmet and a half on him. Is he actually shorter than Panther's Steve Smith?

Also this thread is getting a little long. Should we start a new one for the season and just let this thing die since its 3 years old anyways.
    I don't really see a reason to make a new one... Threads here are pretty stable up to 4k pages at 20ppp

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thread title should get updated, but a new thread isn't necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    The thread title should get updated, but a new thread isn't necessary.
    Yeah maybe to something like "NFL General Discussion"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Lol that is pretty comical. Blame the broadcaster who was showing the replay over and over and openly quesitoning why he wasn't throwing the flag rather than the replay guy upstairs who is supposed to be watching that stuff. Unless the NBC feed was way behind that they were showing to the teams, can't see how they are at fault.

Saw this on reddit, the Ravens gave up their 7th passing TD of the year in week 10 last year.
    There is a delay for sure. NFL hasn't been Live since the Janet Jackson failure. Article says it only took Manning 24 seconds to snap the ball from the time the situation happened, makes you wonder wether the delay was big enough...

10+ Year Old Account
    Up until recently I hadn't really seen Clay Matthew's remark on hitting Kaepernick on read option-plays even when he doesn't have the ball. I wodner how quicjly that will be changed, HarbaughMKII doesn't seem to be pleased with the idea about it. I saw the Ravens do it in the Super Bowl, it was shoving or a bump, like "Hey, we're here to get you if you are wanting to take off with that ball boy." If a legitimate hit occurs, I wonder how fast the NFL would specify things, and how far up the referee's ear Jim Harbs would be.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-flawed-biased

Comments on that are funny, people really do not like Harbaugh, I can understand. However, if it was someone like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady getting the threats to be hit, everyone would be freaking out.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2013-09-06 at 11:34 PM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Up until recently I hadn't really seen Clay Matthew's remark on hitting Kaepernick on read option-plays even when he doesn't have the ball. I wodner how quicjly that will be changed, HarbaughMKII doesn't seem to be pleased with the idea about it. I saw the Ravens do it in the Super Bowl, it was shoving or a bump, like "Hey, we're here to get you if you are wanting to take off with that ball boy." If a legitimate hit occurs, I wonder how fast the NFL would specify things, and how far up the referee's ear Jim Harbs would be.

Comments on that are funny, people really do not like Harbaugh, I can understand. However, if it was someone like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady getting the threats to be hit, everyone would be freaking out.
    I think its all talk to get Kaepernick to think twice about their defense, and panic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Wow, that's an impressive bit of statistics. That really drives home how much worse that defence performed yesterday.

About the name of the thread or recreating it, I'm not a mod here, and Skars/Goblin aren't IRC regulars, so need to PM them or wait till they read the thread.

I'd not want to recreate the thread right now at start of the season though, personally, but I like big old threads with some history in them spanning multiple events, so.

I guess a name change might be appropriate, since it's more like a general thread then about updates and news only, and it might be clearer to people any NFL chat is welcome in here. I've always found it slightly odd that the biggest game in the US gets only a tiny group of regular posters on MMO-C, so attracting some of those undoubtedly existing posters in here might be easier if they realised this was a permanent discussion thread they can hang out in, and not just a random thread.

Again though, we'll have to PM or wait for Skars/Goblin to do anything like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we are the frequenters of this thread. And I love the discussions with you guys, but it would be fun to have some more chaps and possibly chappettes in here to expand our fandoms a bit. When NFL season starts up, my post count skyrockets and I love the talk with people, there is even a civil Seahawks fan to discuss things with!

there is even a civil Seahawks fan
    <meta>not gonna lie, I kinda want to see Vetali lose his shit and start spamming ponies, obscenities, racial slurs, and creative combinations of the three at some point</meta>

Anyways, I am curious about what's gonna happen when an option QB gets hit really, really hard and it isn't due to pushing their injury (RG3).

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we are the frequenters of this thread. And I love the discussions with you guys, but it would be fun to have some more chaps and possibly chappettes in here to expand our fandoms a bit. When NFL season starts up, my post count skyrockets and I love the talk with people, there is even a civil Seahawks fan to discuss things with!
    Been lurking this thread for years. But since page one had Badpaladin cancelling until Cata, Wanting To Buy shanahan back and Randy Moss chatter,,,we are probably due for a new thread. There are some great posts here though,,. So much has history has gone down in the last 3 years.
    Last edited by kunah; 2013-09-07 at 04:51 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    <meta>not gonna lie, I kinda want to see Vetali lose his shit and start spamming ponies, obscenities, racial slurs, and creative combinations of the three at some point</meta>

Anyways, I am curious about what's gonna happen when an option QB gets hit really, really hard and it isn't due to pushing their injury (RG3).
    Might happen at some point. Maybe not this week because I expect them to shit the bed.

If a QB gets hit into another dimension the NFL will adjust the rules to protect running QBs. There was a lot of talk about it, but as far as amount of sliding goes its Wilson>Kaepernick>RG3. RG3 just takes hits. I think he had like 3 slides last season. It doesn't make sense. If anything, sliding is better because you can attract a flag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jacoby Jones has an MCL sprain; out 4 - 6 weeks.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    It sucks, especially for such a stupid way to get injured. I was looking forward to seeing him having some nice highlights this season, but I'll guess that will have to wait 4-6 weeks. =/

About the thread, I'll PM Skarsguard and get him to look at the posts, and decide what he wants to do with the thread. IF we were to remake it, I'd say we have to do it right NOW, before the season gets truely underway. For a look back through history we can always link the previous thread in the OP of the new one, if that's what we go with.

even if he did challenge the play and it was over turned they still give up 42 points and still lose. It changed nothing.

If the QB turns himself into a ballcarrier, it's fair play to hit him the same as any other ballcarrier. Putting the onus on the defense to not hit him if he hands off on an option choice play just makes misdirection far too easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    It sucks, especially for such a stupid way to get injured. I was looking forward to seeing him having some nice highlights this season, but I'll guess that will have to wait 4-6 weeks. =/

About the thread, I'll PM Skarsguard and get him to look at the posts, and decide what he wants to do with the thread. IF we were to remake it, I'd say we have to do it right NOW, before the season gets truely underway. For a look back through history we can always link the previous thread in the OP of the new one, if that's what we go with.
    Why are going to remake it? Seems stupid to do now during the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Why are going to remake it? Seems stupid to do now during the season.
    Yeah, I'm against the notion as well, but it's been brought up, so it's only fair to let Skars & Co. have a look and decide if they think it's wise to start when the discussion about this season has been long underway. Personally I'd say wait out the season till after the SB, and then when the offical next season starts (and chat in here dies down anyway), we create a new thread specific for 2014 season. Then start to make a new thread each season, from the start of the official season, so when chatter about the final game has died down, through the preseason till the big game again. It will prevent the topic of this being an "old" thread come up again if we handle it like that.

For now I suggest we change the thread name to NFL general discussion or Official NFL discussion or something to indicate this is a main thread, and not some niche thread about news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah, I'm against the notion as well, but it's been brought up, so it's only fair to let Skars & Co. have a look and decide if they think it's wise to start when the discussion about this season has been long underway. Personally I'd say wait out the season till after the SB, and then when the offical next season starts (and chat in here dies down anyway), we create a new thread specific for 2014 season. Then start to make a new thread each season, from the start of the official season, so when chatter about the final game has died down, through the preseason till the big game again. It will prevent the topic of this being an "old" thread come up again if we handle it like that.

For now I suggest we change the thread name to NFL general discussion or Official NFL discussion or something to indicate this is a main thread, and not some niche thread about news.
    Personally I don't see a reason to change threads at all. Just change the title.

So Bruno Mars is the rumored super bowl half time performer. Seriously, one day I hope the NFL pulls a bait and switch and swaps out one of these "performers" for somebody like Amon Amarth. Just because it'd be priceless to see peoples reactions.