So if the Harbaugh brothers have a rematch of two boring Def style teams, won' that be a legit (due to the people who are playing, played well enough and weren't voted in like figure skaters) BCS National Championship game?

Oh....the.....humanity....

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
    So if the Harbaugh brothers have a rematch of two boring Def style teams, won' that be a legit (due to the people who are playing, played well enough and weren't voted in like figure skaters) BCS National Championship game?

Oh....the.....humanity....
    So then the question is, which game featured a worse QB matchup? Flaaco/Smith or McCarron/Jefferson?

Though to be fair, Flaaco hasn't been a bad QB. Just not a great one. I guess you could say the same about Alex Smith this year too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the last time we had a Ravens superbowl we were treated to the worst QB's
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

If the ravens go I will not watch the super bowl, period. I think the league knows this, and we may see some shaky calls if the game is close next weekend. The ravens are a flat out eyesore.

Unless of course they think the "BROTHERS AGAINST EACH OTHER IN THE SUPERBOWL!!!!" Angle will attract more viewers. (And honestly? I would not watch any sports related show the week leading up to the super bowl if that was the case, two hours of first take of them talking about nothing but "BROTHER VS BROTHER TAKE 2!!!"? Helllll no)

Please give us pats/giants, or Pats/9ers. At least with the niners offense you get to see if Smith has what it takes!

15+ Year Old Account
    Jim Caldwell is no longer the coach of the Indianapolis Colts. That sound you just heard was the only person upset about this, Jeff Fischer would very well could have been the Indy coach had he not just agreed with the Rams.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-01-17 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Jim Caldwell is no longer the coach of the Indianapolis Colts. That sound you just heard was the only person upset about this, Jeff Fischer would very well could have been the Indy coach had he not just agreed with the Rams.
    Man, he's got to be pissed about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Man, he's got to be pissed about that.
    Seriously. A team that is a threat to win the SB most years if they have a healthy Manning at the head, and the first overall pick in the draft with the best QB prospect in quite some time just in case Manning is headed downhill? Not a horrible position to be in.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

I can't take credit for this but..

Peyton Manning tried to stick his neck out for Jim Caldwell, but his doctors advised against it.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    I can't take credit for this but..

Peyton Manning tried to stick his neck out for Jim Caldwell, but his doctors advised against it.
    Hah! And perhaps the Colts intentionally waited til he picked a team, because they did not want him as theres and did not want the "WILL HE JOIN COLTS!!" idiot headlines constantly.

I personally think Jeff Fisher is incredibly over-rated.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Hah! And perhaps the Colts intentionally waited til he picked a team, because they did not want him as theres and did not want the "WILL HE JOIN COLTS!!" idiot headlines constantly.

I personally think Jeff Fisher is incredibly over-rated.
    Yeah only going to the playoffs 6 times in 17 years is not very good. I think there's better coach's out there that the colts would want even thou they might not get them.

L.T. says Jets' locker room is the worst he's seen

I'm surprised that the owner or GM doesn't clean house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    L.T. says Jets' locker room is the worst he's seen

I'm surprised that the owner or GM doesn't clean house.

That's a lot better than McElroy saying it.

I guess I'll take my picks now. I personally don't care who wins in the AFC, but I'm begging for a 49er's win. I might as well go Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh, since the Ravens already dominated the Pats once this year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I put my picks up or not, but I am going with the Pats to come out looking for the throat against the Ravens and get up 21-7, 28-7 or so. Flacco doesn't have the ability to throw his team back in a game so the Ravens will lose. As much as I want the Ravens to win, I just get the feeling that the Pats are out for blood. As for the Giants/49ers, I think the Giants pull it out. Alex Smith is going to have a much tougher day against the Giants than the Saints. I think Eli just has the better weapons that will give the Giants a slight edge when they need it most.

Pats over Ravens 31-17
    Giants over 49ers 24-14

---------- Post added 2012-01-19 at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That's a lot better than McElroy saying it.

I guess I'll take my picks now. I personally don't care who wins in the AFC, but I'm begging for a 49er's win. I might as well go Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh, since the Ravens already dominated the Pats once this year.
    They didn't play the Pats this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post

[/COLOR] They didn't play the Pats this year.
    I must have misheard Sportscenter then. It's what I get for falling asleep to it every night. Still, picks remain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steelers fire Bruce Arians.

They're calling it a retirement. In truth, the Rooneys would not resign him. Either way, it boils down to a firing.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    If the ravens go I will not watch the super bowl, period. I think the league knows this, and we may see some shaky calls if the game is close next weekend. The ravens are a flat out eyesore.!

LOL @ this. Yes, the league knows that YOU will not watch the SB if the Ravens go. I don't think anyone cares that you will not watch the SB. Honestly, I think the game between the Pats and the Ravens will be a close one and the Ravens have had no problem knocking the Pats out of the playoffs in Foxboro before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting note, apparently had the Broncos somehow beat the Patriots, Tebow would be unable to play due to injuries sustained during the game.

Quite frankly I wouldn't be suprised if Brady doesn't get to go to the Superbowl one way or the other.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Steelers fire Bruce Arians.

They're calling it a retirement. In truth, the Rooneys would not resign him. Either way, it boils down to a firing.
    He's got a good statistical record with the steelers, though this year its pretty clear the steelers werent very sharp on offense this year. I'm curious to see who they bring in. All I can say is, bring in more guys like Pouncey.....who stay healthy for the post season... lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Interesting note, apparently had the Broncos somehow beat the Patriots, Tebow would be unable to play due to injuries sustained during the game.

Quite frankly I wouldn't be suprised if Brady doesn't get to go to the Superbowl one way or the other.
    Yeah he had lung damage after that nasty hit from Warren.

And my money's on Brady coming away with a fourth ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post

Yeah, Tebow got hit pretty good...then again, if the Broncos had beat the Pats, he likely wouldn't have been sacked like 10 times and wouldn't have gotten the injury in the first place.

As for Sunday, I'm pretty sure the Pats won't have any problems taking out the Ravens, especially if they play anything like they did against the Broncos, the defense and offense both gave it their all, and Brady was on fire. I'm sure he's not feeling his best atm, though I'm not quite sure of the extent of the injury, but I'm fairly certain he'll be able to tough it out for a couple more games.

I'm still going to stick with the Niners over the Giants, the Giants have been playing quite well, but so have the Niners...that game could go either way easily though, but my bets are Niners and Pats at the Superbowl, and I'm going for a Pat victory (it is my team after all). However, if Brady really is injured badly enough, we're pretty screwed, but I'm pretty sure Brady's injury was quite minor compared to Tebow's.