15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    He could very well make me into a jackass, but from what I have seen (And I watched several full stanford games) the teams he was playing were just not very good. Good NFL defenses he is going to be sacked and pressured a lot.
    Well no shit he's gonna be pressured a lot, but all that shows is that the o-line needs to step it up. I'm sorry but "he's going to be pressured" is such a piss poor reason for an incoming QB to be doubted because EVERY QB is going to be pressured. It is his job to trust his o-line to hold the pocket long enough for him to make the play. You don't judge a wide-receiver for balls that don't get thrown to him, so why would you just a QB for a line that doesn't do their job to make you comfortable in the pocket?

OT: Here's to hoping KC goes after a QB this season. They have some holes to fill in their o-line(hey look at that), but they need a franchise QB to put behind that line and I'm honestly hoping after watching some of RGIII combine videos that Pioli will man up and make the trades to St. Louis for the pick to get him. That or as everyone doubts/questions perhaps a certain Manning could be doing the Tomahawk Chop this season. No matter if either RGIII or Peyton come to KC, the one thing I know is Cassel needs to begone.

A QB that has his ratings over three seasons that periodically span from sparingly amazing to generally abysmal is not the QB you want leading you team to after 19 seasons without a playoff win and 42 without a Superbowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Colts have decided to part ways with Peyton Manning. No surprise there, but like the Hines Ward release, it's going to be hard to see Peyton in another uniform.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    The Colts have decided to part ways with Peyton Manning. No surprise there, but like the Hines Ward release, it's going to be hard to see Peyton in another uniform.
    IDK I guess I just doesn't bother me maybe I'm desensitized after seeing Emmit Smith,Jerry Rice,Joe Montana,Brett Favre,Randy Moss in different uniforms

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    IDK I guess I just doesn't bother me maybe I'm desensitized after seeing Emmit Smith,Jerry Rice,Joe Montana,Brett Favre,Randy Moss in different uniforms
    Yeah, but why do I think that the city of Indianapolis will go on a rage if they see Peyton in another team's uniform similar to what happened in Cleveland when LeBron James moved to play with the Miami Heat. I don't think they'll go as far as burning Peyton jerseys though.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Yeah, but why do I think that the city of Indianapolis will go on a rage if they see Peyton in another team's uniform similar to what happened in Cleveland when LeBron James moved to play with the Miami Heat. I don't think they'll go as far as burning Peyton jerseys though.
    Very different situation. Lebron left. Peyton was cut to avoid picking up his huge contract/bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, Jerry Rice won a Super Bowl when he changed teams. Who knows, Peyton is amazing so he might be able to contend somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also Lebron was in the peak of his prime Peyton is on the downhill of his prime. I think fans will cheer him if he gets to play at Lucas stadium against the Colts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Those aren't even comparable for a number of reasons.

1) Cleaveland fans that hate LeBron are fucking idiots. That guy carried the team for years, made Dan Gilbert millions of dollars, yet never had a single decent piece added around him to support the team. Don't hate LeBron for leaving to play on a team with a supporting cast. Be pissed at Dan Gilbert for pissing away one of the best players ever because he is a terrible owner. Be pissed at Dan Gilbert because he let a top 2 player in the NBA walk away without getting any compensation for him despite LeBron saying all year he didn't know what he was going to do which should scream that he was leaving. Gilbert had years to support LeBron or extend that deal. Be mad at him, not LeBron.
    2) Peyton is leaving the Colts not for sunnier pastures, but because Irsay is a terrible owner that couldn't manage a McDonald's let alone a sports franchise. Irsay agreed to this contract with this balloon payment knowing damn well he would likely cut Peyton in exactly this spot if the Colts didn't perform last year. No one should be surprised by this at all. The fact that Irsay dragged this out for months is shameful. He played this off like there was ever an option for Peyton to return. Just wait until tomorrow when he goes on and on about how they couldn't get a new deal worked out. They had a deal worked out. IRSAY BROKE IT. Why the hell should Peyton rework a contract he and Irsay already signed and give the team that huge payment for nothing?
    3) Peyton isn't leaving by choice. Peyton just got fired. Irsay just fired one of the top 3 quarterbacks EVER who is still better than most of the quarterbacks in the NFL. No fans are going to be mad at Peyton. People are going to be absolutely pissed at Irsay and rightfully so. The Colts are about to lose Manning, Reggie Wayne, and Dwight Freeney who they may be cutting in the next couple days to avoid paying him the last year of his contract. Another fun example of Irsay's complete inability as an owner, the Colts slapped their franchise tag on Mathis the other day. They then signed him to a long term contract 45 minutes later wasting the franchise tag they could have used to keep a guy like Wayne.

So I guess these two situations do have something in common, the owners of the two teams are fucking morons. One is a whiny little baby who was mad his cash cow left. The other belongs to the James Dolan ownership school of my daddy bought this big shiny thing I am now trying to run despite being a complete moron who has had no success of my own except for graduating from rehab for drugs and alcohol. It is baffling how some of the second generation franchise owners can be so inept. Just goes to show the difference between the rich, entitled kids that grow up with no responsibility, and the rich, entitled kids that grow up and still put the work in like say Robert Kraft's son that plays a huge role in the Pats organization and will someday be a great owner for them.

---------- Post added 2012-03-06 at 07:47 PM ----------

Also Lebron was in the peak of his prime Peyton is on the downhill of his prime. I think fans will cheer him if he gets to play at Lucas stadium against the Colts.
    Fans will do more than cheer Peyton. You can bet your ass if he plays the Colts next year the cheers will be louder for him then they will be for the Colts. The Colts are (were) Peyton Manning. He is the horseshoe. He has carried that franchise to glory on his back for years.

Now time to find a new place for my Colts fathead and time to buy a Lions one which they will hopefully have in stock this time.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-03-07 at 12:54 AM.

Not to be selfish here, but I saw this gem and had to post it.

@deemason85: Peyton manning and Reggie Wayne to Denver! Great fit
    * -- Ex-Titans WR Derrick Mason

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Not to be selfish here, but I saw this gem and had to post it.
    Great fit my ass. Terrible O-line, no receivers except Wayne in that scenario (maybe DT), mediocre running game, mediocre to good defense. Good coaching also.

Peyton can go and win right now with these teams if they go and get him:
    New York Jets-Super Bowl with Peyton
    Baltimore Ravens-Instant Super Bowl with Peyton
    Washington Redskins- Potential division winners if the Eagles underwhelm. Will need receiving options though
    Denver- If they can win that division with Tim freaking Tebow, they would roll with Manning despite the stuff I listed above
    Arizona- Division winners or at least right there with the 49ers. They got things together at the end of last year big time. Had they had a good QB and made a push a week or two earlier they would have threatened for the Wild Card.
    Minnesota- Wild Card probably. All Day, decent defense needing a few additions to the secondary, decent receiving core.
    Tennessee- They were good with Hasslebeck last year. They would be even better with Manning and a healthy Britt and a functioning Johnson.
    Seattle- Essentially the same as Arizona

Peyton would instantly make a couple teams Super Bowl favorites, a handful of teams playoff locks, and a couple teams playoff hopefuls. I really, really, truly, deeply, hope he somehow lands in Baltimore. Manning, Lewis, Reed. The most incredible trifecta of leadership this side of Jesus, Peter and Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Peyton would instantly make a couple teams Super Bowl favorites, a handful of teams playoff locks, and a couple teams playoff hopefuls. I really, really, truly, deeply, hope he somehow lands in Baltimore. Manning, Lewis, Reed. The most incredible trifecta of leadership this side of Jesus, Peter and Paul.
    Why not; it would be even more embarrassing for Ravens to lose if they had Manning as a quarterback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Manning is not going to the Ravens they have there QB and need to address other spots.
    Teams that I could see him going to are in no orderolphins,Chiefs,Cards,Redskins,Seahawks,Texans,and maybe Titans I mean teams are either set on QB or don't have the cap room/money to get him.

i will kick legions of puppies if the redskins pick up manning. *It would be a crime to have him in a redskins uniform.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

15+ Year Old Account
    And here comes Peyton Montana to KC baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that trifecta bit there Conscript. However, Flaaco is the QB in Baltimore, for better or worse ( it's worse as far as I care until we fire Cam Cameron) Plus if the Ravens were to get Manning, there would be blood, with Mr Audible against Mr. Never Audible. Baltimore is also wanting to keep several free agents, no way they can afford to pay Manning as well.

F**K Cam Cameron!

In all honestly though, I can see Manning heading to Miami, however I would be infuriated with all of the Manning versus Brady garbage twice a year until one of them is out of the game. Especially with James Walker doing articles every damn day about them over on ESPN. Although it would be one of the few times he were to actually write instead of link shait!
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

I'm going by order of cap room:

1. Bucs
    2. Bengals
    3. Cheifs
    4. Broncos
    5. Redskins

No team that isn't in the top five will land him. *Even though Andy Dalton has (in my eyes) proven himself for*Cincinnati, it doesn't matter. *No organization passes up on the one of, if not the best QB to ever play the game.

10+ Year Old Account

1. Bucs
    2. Bengals
    3. Cheifs
    4. Broncos
    5. Redskins

No team that isn't in the top five will land him. *Even though Andy Dalton has (in my eyes) proven himself for*Cincinnati, it doesn't matter. *No organization passes up on the one of, if not the best QB to ever play the game.
    Colts did. Bengals owner usually doesn't pick up big time players I just don't think he will go there plus players don't want to play for him. Out of the 5 you listed I really only see him going to the Redskins or Chiefs maybe Broncos but I don't know.

---------- Post added 2012-03-06 at 11:13 PM ----------

Neat page that espn has up on places Manning could go they pretty much said the same thing I did except for the Texans.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...manning-land-2
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2012-03-07 at 04:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally!

Now we can pretty much guarantee Indy's gonna take Luck. Now we get to talk about where Peyton is going. Oooh, this could be fun. Long as he doesn't go to Dallas (they probably couldn't afford him anyway).

Well, there's a difference between what happened with Lebron and what happened with....everyone else:

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Very different situation. Lebron left. Peyton was cut to avoid picking up his huge contract/bonus.
    To add to that, it was the way in which Lebron left. On national TV, with no advanced warning. Peyton got cut. And now the fun begins.

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 12:28 AM ----------

1. Bucs
    2. Bengals
    3. Cheifs
    4. Broncos
    5. Redskins

All teams that could use a good QB. I can definitely see him going to the Bucs or Chiefs. I think the Broncos and Bengals are too set on their current QB's to try to go for him though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Finally!

Now we can pretty much guarantee Indy's gonna take Luck. Now we get to talk about where Peyton is going. Oooh, this could be fun. Long as he doesn't go to Dallas (they probably couldn't afford him anyway).

Well, there's a difference between what happened with Lebron and what happened with....everyone else:

To add to that, it was the way in which Lebron left. On national TV, with no advanced warning. Peyton got cut. And now the fun begins.

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 12:28 AM ----------

All teams that could use a good QB. I can definitely see him going to the Bucs or Chiefs. I think the Broncos and Bengals are too set on their current QB's to try to go for him though.
    Chiefs sure I don't see him going to the bucs though. I guess I hope he goes to Miami I'm not a Dolphins fan but it would be nice to see them get a good QB.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another team I forgot to mention, the San Francisco 49ers. Alex Smith hasn't been resigned. They didn't franchise tag him. Right now, the 49ers are sitting there in need of both a QB and a WR. They have amazing talent at every other spot on the field. As of John Clayton's article from last month, the 49ers have nearly $40 million in cap space.

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 09:07 AM ----------

1. Bucs
    2. Bengals
    3. Cheifs
    4. Broncos
    5. Redskins

1. Bucs, no they are horrible in every aspect.
    2. Dalton. They are set for the future
    3. Maybe, but that isn't the most solid of teams.
    4. Potentially, but could you imagine Manning usurping Tebowmania?
    5. Certainly a possibility, but they will need to add way more than just Manning.
    6. As far as I can tell is the 49ers. That is a situation I would love to see. Colts legendary QB playing for another legendary Colts QB.

If anyone is wondering how teams have so much salary space all the sudden, apparently there was a clause in the new CBA allowing teams to roll their salary cap space from last year into this season, effectively doubling your amount of space. That is why the Bucs have around $60 million in cap room.

Links:
    http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-team-cap-space/
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/75...p-room-improve

Anyone else really surprised the Panthers are OVER the salary cap? Usually a team in rebuild mode would be way, way under it like the Bucs, Skins, etc. WTF Carolina.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-03-07 at 02:10 PM.