Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it seems like 2/4 teams in a conference has there QB they need.
    NFC east has Eli and Romo
    AFC north has Big Ben and Flacco but Dalton is coming up
    AFC west has Rivers and Palmer
    NFC south has Brees and Matt Ryan but Newton is coming up as well
    I can go on but you get the picture the only division that is really starving for QB's is NFC west maybe AFC south but I think they will be ok with the kid coming up from Stanford and Matt Schaub if he gets/stays healthy.
    NFC north might be the best off with Rodgers,Stafford,Cutler

According to nfl.com, Manning has declined visits to Seattle and Kansas City, with a rumor that he'll make a decision by Tuesday.

Looks like it's going to be between the Broncos, Dolphins and Cardinals.

k sorry im in the DC region and I have not seen enough Washington insults to satisfy my fix.

This is the exact reason why the redskins are consistently one of the worst teams in the league. Trading away draft picks and getting rid of players when theyre still really good. Spending big money on worn out talent and problem players. Unless the redskins make some beautiful moves in free agency, theyre gonna get smoked again this season and RGIII is gonna suffer a career ending injury.

I know there are a lot of teams that make bad decisions, but the redskins have hands down taken the cake on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL.com Link

Looks like the Broncos will try to move Tebow if they get Manning.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    According to nfl.com, Manning has declined visits to Seattle and Kansas City, with a rumor that he'll make a decision by Tuesday.

Rumor has it the Titans GM is trying to get him in for a meeting and there were some grumblings about the 49ers being involved as well. Deciding by Tuesday is going to be very tough for Manning unless he just isn't going to explore two of the better options for him by skipping the Titans and 49ers.

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 09:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    k sorry im in the DC region and I have not seen enough Washington insults to satisfy my fix.

This is the exact reason why the redskins are consistently one of the worst teams in the league. Trading away draft picks and getting rid of players when theyre still really good. Spending big money on worn out talent and problem players. Unless the redskins make some beautiful moves in free agency, theyre gonna get smoked again this season and RGIII is gonna suffer a career ending injury.

I know there are a lot of teams that make bad decisions, but the redskins have hands down taken the cake on this one.
    Oh come on it isn't like they mortgaged away the future of the team in the hopes that they are one guy away from a Super Bowl team and that guy is RG3. Oh wait, thats exactly what they did. Atlanta did the exact same thing last year to move up to snag Julio Jones thinking they were one guy away when really they massively overvalued their team to the point that they scored TWO points in an NFL playoff game.

15+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't count Seattle and KC out, that rumor of declining them was from the Denver Post. What better way to drum up team spirit than to slander against your biggest AFC West rival. Also last night there was a tweet from a Yahoo! sports writer stating
    Just talked to a reliable source in KC -- the Chiefs aren't out of it either. Productive meetings between KC and Peyton's people.
    Same could hold true for the Seahawks as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    I wouldn't count Seattle and KC out, that rumor of declining them was from the Denver Post. What better way to drum up team spirit than to slander against your biggest AFC West rival. Also last night there was a tweet from a Yahoo! sports writer stating

Same could hold true for the Seahawks as well.
    I think the only teams reliably out of it at this point are the Jets and Redskins. Every other team we have heard is probably still in play to some extent. I'd be real, real surprised if he does get a deal done Tuesday like he said he wanted to.

redskins are still getting punched in the groin by fat albert haynesworth. 40 mil under the salary cap and somehow they made an infraction with Deangelo hall and albert haynesworth's contracts and now lose 36 million dollars in salary cap over the next two seasons.

lucky for them they can determine which seasons lose how much. is anyone else laughing at the terrible effort by this team yet again?
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

10+ Year Old Account
    redskins are still getting punched in the groin by fat albert haynesworth. 40 mil under the salary cap and somehow they made an infraction with Deangelo hall and albert haynesworth's contracts and now lose 36 million dollars in salary cap over the next two seasons.

lucky for them they can determine which seasons lose how much. is anyone else laughing at the terrible effort by this team yet again?
    Pretty sure it's because they front-loaded those contracts during the no-cap season.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Pretty sure it's because they front-loaded those contracts during the no-cap season.
    Dallas lost their space because of Miles Austin's contract. They front loaded big chunk in 2010 and they adjusted his 2010 salary from $600k to $7.7 million as a "signing bonus" That is a real harsh penalty from the NFL though stripping Washington of roughly 15% of their salary cap for this year and next. My favorite part is the cap room the NFL took from those two teams gets distributed to every other team in the league except the Raiders and Saints who are also being looked at for similar violations.

Manning is officially meeting with Tennessee as well so there shouldn't be a Manning decision tomorrow as he hoped.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the Dallas and Washington "punishments" All contracts have to be approved by the league, why would they punish teams based on contracts they approved. I mean 10 mil split over 2 seasons will suck but it is certainly doable (don't know the number Washington was hit with). I assume the teams will fight this because both of their statements seem to be along the lines of "We did nothing wrong". be interesting to see a more clear explanation and see how this turns out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 49ers have signed Randy Moss to a 1-year contract. Why do I think this isn't going to work out at all?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    The 49ers have signed Randy Moss to a 1-year contract. Why do I think this isn't going to work out at all?
    Because it's Randy Moss.

Oh, and he's got not-the-best-QB throwing to him, so yeah, good luck with that.

he probably was a cheap sign, look what happened to braylon edwards. he's an expendable piece and that's why it's 1 year. Harbaugh isnt worried about the negative possibilities, he seems like he'll take care of it if that's the case.
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

I think Randy Moss will be a pretty productive guy. Nothing like when he was in NE, but he'll probably be alright. Although he's a drama queen he has shown that he can be a respectable (and physically dominant) reciever if he's got a great coach telling him what to do. Harbaugh's a good coach.

I think Randy Moss will be a pretty productive guy. Nothing like when he was in NE, but he'll probably be alright. Although he's a drama queen he has shown that he can be a respectable (and physically dominant) reciever if he's got a great coach telling him what to do. Harbaugh's a good coach.
    I think it's more about who the qb is for Randy
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

I think the league saw the Redskins, one of the worst franchises for over the last decade, might get Peyton Manning, and that suddenly influenced the decision to penalize them that much, just to assure they would not get them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a very surprising sign. Will it work out? Depends if Moss can shut up or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is coming from a 9er fan:

I'm a little indecisive about this right now, I'm more curious as to how it would turn out than either being excited or worried. I have faith in J.Harbaugh as a coach, but then again this is Randy "The cancer" Moss. I'm just hoping ol' Jimmy has what it takes to keep this guy under control. If Alex and Randy form some kind of a chemistry in the field, I think our offense is a force to be reckoned with. All i'm really worried about when it comes to that is if A.Smith has the arm to keep up with Randy's speed.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Because it's Randy Moss.

Oh, and he's got not-the-best-QB throwing to him, so yeah, good luck with that.
    Randy Moss isn't no where near as bad as T.Owens as far as locker room cancer. Randy Moss might make Alex Smith look like a top tier QB I mean he made Dante Culpepper look like the best QB in the league for 3-4 years. I mean how good do you have to be to just lob it up to Randy Moss.