I am so tired of tebow talk lol. Sanchez is kinda in a no win situation. If he beats out tebow, then ok thats what youre supposed to do. If you lose your spot, well haha you lost it to a guy that is a marginal quarterback. The guy is trapped in a situation where he just isnt going to win. The only way Sanchez wins is if they have a stellar season and a unbelievable playoff run.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Steven A. Smith should stick to talking about basketball.

He makes one good point at least, that Sanchez's agent shouldn't talk him up. But Smith should just lay off both of them, because instead of giving any relevant information, he just bashes the piss out of them.
    I'd be happier if Steven A. Smith just stopped talking. forever. I hate his forced "intensity", his build-to-a-yell-for-no-reason, and all of his opinions suck. I change the channel when he comes on.
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    If you lose your spot, well haha you lost it to a guy that is a marginal quarterback.
    What's that matter, Sanchez is barely marginal anyways so if he is starting or Tebow, it isn't Sanchez that is screwed it's the Jets fans.

Someone signed Painter. I guess the Ravens need a good first round pick this year.

Go Seahawks! Super bowl bound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad move on Painters part, I'm not sure how he expects to get any playing time behind the best QB in football.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Bad move on Painters part, I'm not sure how he expects to get any playing time behind the best QB in football.
    You may be trolling, bro, but that's exactly his plan. He lucked out with the Colts and never had to play a game except for losing a sure thing during an undefeated season, then the hilarity that ensued when everyone else who never saw him play in Purdue realized just how bad he was as Indy scrambled for literally anyone else to backstop their team. At least now he gets to sit back and collect a nice paycheck, unless every other team member that can throw a ball more than five yards dies.

Dude's the luckiest person ever for being the worst at what he does for a profession. Well, second worst. He's still slightly above Mike "Child Choker" Vanderjagt.

10+ Year Old Account
    as far as Vanderjagt, the burden of proof is on the kid, and it sounds like the kid is a little shit, so even if he did do it, who cares

Oh, I don't care at all if he did it, though he likely did. I just find it hilarious that the biggest choke artist in NFL history took his shenanigans off the field and into schools. I'm not sure if there's anything he can choke in a Pizza Hut, but I'm sure he'll find a way.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the Miami Dolphins are going to be on Hard Knocks, which tells us that everyone else already said no

I suppose the reputations of Ross and Ireland couldn't get any worse so they really have nothing to lose

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    So the Miami Dolphins are going to be on Hard Knocks, which tells us that everyone else already said no

I suppose the reputations of Ross and Ireland couldn't get any worse so they really have nothing to lose
    Is there a single interesting player or storyline with the Dolphins? Besides choosing a starting quarterback from the shitty stable they have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Is there a single interesting player or storyline with the Dolphins?
    nope .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Is there a single interesting player or storyline with the Dolphins? Besides choosing a starting quarterback from the shitty stable they have.
    At least it is still better than the Jags, the team that really wanted it. At least with the Dolphins you get an incredibly volatile front office and Tannehill storyline. Star of the show is probably going to be Reggie Bush who seems like an interesting dude.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you got Bush,the front office,QB storyline,and that's about it. I do agree its not the worst pick that would have went to the Jags or the Titans.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post

As long as HBO stays away from the Cowboys I'm happy.

Fun stories out of the world of football:

Nick Fairley made his way into the news, too bad it was nothing to do with football. It is bad enough for the lions that they have a daunting task in front of them to prove last season was not a fluke and that theyre ready to compete with the rest of the big dogs. They dont need anymore help with player conduct issues as Ndamukong Suh is already a repeat offender on the field and has already consistently met fines and playing time loss. Fairley wasnt an all-star addition to the roster, but he was only a rookie.

Looks like the NFL isnt ready to part ways with the pro bowl yet. Let us all collectively scream in anger and just get it out of our system. The NFL has signed on to do it for one more year. No surpise, theyre trying to suck the last morsels out of that cash cow. Heres to another year of hoping for a way to either do away with or radically change a painful event thats already laughed at so hard for players not trying and the media bashing it.

Terrell Owens was just released from his IFL squad that he had also partially owned. I think we can now all safely say that he is out of the game for good now, the only issue i have is the fear that TO will actually do something that will bring him back into the media light. I also fear it wont be football related. Alas, all ill ever remember TO for is dynamite play ruined by childish behavior from start to finish.

Alex Smith addressed the media last week and said probably one of the best things to come out of a quarterback's mouth. The message was simply "stats are for losers". smith said the following:
    "This is the honest truth: I could absolutely care less on yards per game," Smith said. "I think that's a totally overblown stat. Because if you're losing games in the second half, guess what? You're like the Carolina Panthers and you're going no-huddle the entire second half and, yeah, Cam Newton threw for a lot of 300-yard games, that's great. You're not winning, though."
    Its odd that the message comes from smith, who had his statistically best year last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Here in Chicago since we got Brandon Marshall theres been some debate on whether hes considered a Top 5 Receiver or not

Initially when I first heard the question I thought no hes not. But then I started looking at the competition and began to change my mind, Id say clearly Andre-Larry-Calvin are better players but after that its kindve close. Is Roddy better? Jennings? Mike Wallace? Idk.

Curious what other people think.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Here in Chicago since we got Brandon Marshall theres been some debate on whether hes considered a Top 5 Receiver or not

Initially when I first heard the question I thought no hes not. But then I started looking at the competition and began to change my mind, Id say clearly Andre-Larry-Calvin are better players but after that its kindve close. Is Roddy better? Jennings? Mike Wallace? Idk.

Curious what other people think.
    If Brandon Marshall can get his head on straight, I think he is absolutely a top 6-7 receiver in the league. Id probably rank them Calvin, Fitz, Andre, Jennings, Welker, Marshall. On the field he is great, off it he is such an incredible mess it almost isn't worth having him. Hopefully the Bears can corral that like the Fins and Broncos couldn't.

Agreed. On the field, he's a remarkable talent. The only reason he's bounced around so much is because he's just too much of a headache to be worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    If Brandon Marshall can get his head on straight, I think he is absolutely a top 6-7 receiver in the league. Id probably rank them Calvin, Fitz, Andre, Jennings, Welker, Marshall. On the field he is great, off it he is such an incredible mess it almost isn't worth having him. Hopefully the Bears can corral that like the Fins and Broncos couldn't.
    This here is pretty much how I would rank it as well, Marshall is incredibly talented, but he has been a issue on the teams he has played on thus far, should he be in a disciplined locker room and getting enough attention offensively, then he is easily at that spot, otherwise he drops down my list like a brick.

The thing about one of the WR's you listed: Mike Wallace, is that he is really a one-trick pony, he has that blazing speed off the line of scrimmage. He has to beat the DB covering him off the bat, otherwise he is able to be covered rather easily, he has one gear, unlike Torrey Smith of Baltimore, or even Antonio Brown of his own Steelers, the thing that he does have over the two of them right now is experience, give both of them as long in the league as he has been, and I am fairly certain that people will notice that having a line-of scrimmage speed, and a passing the DB gear blows Wallace out of the water, he is still a good WR, top 15 at the very least, but not worth the money that I have heard he is clamoring for. Lardarius Webb said that Brown is better than Wallace, I do agree with him on that.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2012-06-01 at 05:24 PM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!