10+ Year Old Account
    Did McElroy get any snaps for the Jets?

Never mind, watching it now. Just threw for a first down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how the Panthers can justify pouring so much money into the running back position, its the opposite of what every other team in the league is trying to do

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I don't understand how the Panthers can justify pouring so much money into the running back position, its the opposite of what every other team in the league is trying to do
    Except the Jets and Ravens. It worked well for the Panthers last year. They actually upgraded their receiver corp this offseason which should give them more balance, but they are still a pretty heavy run team with Newton at the helm. They actually aren't paying that much at all. Stewart and Williams only make $10 million in cap hit combined this season. That is less than or around what most teams pay their top two RBs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle game was really good. Russel Wilson hopefully showed that he is a strong contender to the majority and has a fair shot with Flynn.

Unrelated news.... Chad Johnson was arrested for domestic violence. Guess that wraps his career. Maybe he'll go back to Ochocinco after this.

He allegedly headbutted her. That's some swagger right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    He allegedly headbutted her. That's some swagger right there.
    Over a receipt for condoms too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Over a receipt for condoms too.
    I hadn't read the story yet after seeing the breaking news scroll during the Seattle game, more on this in a sec, but that is downright fucking hilarious. My immediate thought when it showed them on Hard Knocks and he said he met her on Twitter and that "if its someone you pause Call of Duty for, they're the one" was ya, this is going to end super well. Good to see it took less than a week to confirm that. And then he told the security guards he was going to go get arrested this weekend when he left camp for the weekend and he DID! Man, what a complete fucktard. Enjoy the CFL/USFL Chad since the Fins are probably cutting you now. Can not wait for this weeks Hard Knocks.

Okay, the Hawks. Flynn and Wilson both looked freaking great last night, especially Wilson. Backups are backups, but he put up 200 combined yards and two touchdowns in a half on 12 for 16. That toss to Braylon was great. Hope he ends up working out for Seattle too. Seriously I can not praise Wilson enough. He should amazing ability to throw on the move. He is way faster on the ground than I gave him credit for. If it wasn't for the Flynn contract I seriously see no way he wouldn't be the starter. He is going to be the steal of the draft. Plus their new jerseys actually look damn good. I openly mocked the highlighter trim when they were revealed, but it looks damn good in action, especially the pants stripe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I was JUST about to post (thanks Conscript). Watching Sportscenter, the Seahawks look really good. Both QB's did well, and I didn't even know they had Braylon Edwards. That just leaves the defense, we know they have Lynch to run over defenders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good start for Luck. 1-1, 63 yards, 1 TD.

---------- Post added 2012-08-12 at 03:52 PM ----------

The Rams are going to be lolbad this year if they look like this every game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see them showing the "does not equal" sign next to the score on some plays, what does that mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Okay, the Hawks. Flynn and Wilson both looked freaking great last night, especially Wilson. Backups are backups, but he put up 200 combined yards and two touchdowns in a half on 12 for 16. That toss to Braylon was great. Hope he ends up working out for Seattle too. Seriously I can not praise Wilson enough. He should amazing ability to throw on the move. He is way faster on the ground than I gave him credit for. If it wasn't for the Flynn contract I seriously see no way he wouldn't be the starter. He is going to be the steal of the draft. Plus their new jerseys actually look damn good. I openly mocked the highlighter trim when they were revealed, but it looks damn good in action, especially the pants stripe.
    I honestly don't know who I liked more. Flynn didn't really get to go deep much and Russel did once. Either way they were both good and better than what we had since Hasselbeck first joined, maybe even more. Either way the competition goes I'll be happy honestly.

I agree on the jerseys 100%. When they revealed them I wasn't sure, but on the turf they look great. I always had issues making out people with the old ones, these I have no problem.

Another person that shined really well is Turbin. He didn't get a lot of yards but the effort he put into those yards was impressive. I like the guy so far. Being able to see the TE's actually get some plays other than blocking was reaaaallly nice. Last year sucked with the O-line.

The Rams are going to be lolbad this year if they look like this every game.
    Well if the cards wont pick it up then it will be a 2 team division. Seattle pretty much mocks SF style, but imo Seattle might have an actual throw game depending on how the other WR's do. I'm not holding my breath for T.O. like others are.

Oh man I just realized those games are gonna be even more intense with T.O. on Seattle...

I hate to be that guy but...

Its the preseason, relax. The Colts would lose every preseason game for years then come out in the regular season and dominate. It literally means nothing. If Flynn/Wilson/RG3/Luck whoever else thats new and unproven start playing well against players that are actually fully trying then start getting excited. Till then take it all with a grain of salt.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    stats are for losers when it comes to winning super bowls and winning them in style.
    No one person wins a super bowl by himself he still needs a team around him. I grew up watching the cowboys Aikman won 3 superbowls he wasn't a top 3 qb during that generation he just had an amazing team I can say the same about heafty for the steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    No one person wins a super bowl by himself he still needs a team around him. I grew up watching the cowboys Aikman won 3 superbowls he wasn't a top 3 qb during that generation he just had an amazing team I can say the same about heafty for the steelers.
    Bro if you want to prove to someone that one person doesnt win a super bowl by himself or that the QB isnt the most important piece and that it takes a TEAM as a whole to win it all....all you have to say is the name trent dilfer

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Very true for some reason in the NFL the Quarterback is the only position that is expected to win all the games themselves regardless of how good or bad their team is. You never hear people rip LaDainian Tomlinson for not getting to a Super Bowl, they talk about what a great and dominate RB he was. Yet bring up Donovan McNabb and thats all people talk about and he actually got to 1!

Eli and Big Ben dont win without that defense playing well. And anyone else notice ever since the Patriots became about offense instead of defense they havent won? I dont think Brady is getting worse (honestly to me hes got better since then) but there are other positions that play big roles that a lot of times get ignored when it comes to QB success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Johnson got cut which is no surprise, even a front office as incompetent as that in Miami can make that call

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Johnson got cut which is no surprise, even a front office as incompetent as that in Miami can make that call
    Money on the Jets picking him up.

10+ Year Old Account
    the NFC West is the place to be for washout receivers

The more i look at the 49ers offense, the more i begin to think they are easily the most complete offense. Certainly not the most explosive, but damn, talk about too many weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

I hadn't read the story yet after seeing the breaking news scroll during the Seattle game, more on this in a sec, but that is downright fucking hilarious. My immediate thought when it showed them on Hard Knocks and he said he met her on Twitter and that "if its someone you pause Call of Duty for, they're the one" was ya, this is going to end super well. Good to see it took less than a week to confirm that. And then he told the security guards he was going to go get arrested this weekend when he left camp for the weekend and he DID! Man, what a complete fucktard. Enjoy the CFL/USFL Chad since the Fins are probably cutting you now. Can not wait for this weeks Hard Knocks.
    Are you sure you have the correct time frames? It seems hard to believe that Hard Knocks airs the things that happened in that previous week, that would be some monster editting on their part and would be very impressive. I figured it was being released on a much bigger delay than that. If not than Kudos to HBO they work fast.