10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...module=HP11_cp

Jerry Jones stirring up that shitstorm. Only thing it does for me is make me even more excited to see it all hit the fan in December.

I gotta say, I love watching the facebook "discussion" on nfl.com, where people are talking trash like crazy.

In the second week of preseason.

Love me some internet.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Jets are fucking awful. No clue how this team is going to produce offense at all. Their line is plain awful. Sanchez is mediocre. Tebow is mediocre. THey have one receiver. Their best RB is decent, but not top tier and can't do shit anyways because of their horrendous line. They will be lucky to leave the Giants game having scored 9 points. In TWO games. They've given up more points on blocked punts and INTs than they have scored through two games. Hope their enjoys trying to win games 6-3.

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 10:01 PM ----------

Manning is 8 for 9, 90 yards, the one incompletion was a tipped pick. So hes pretty good still apparently.

yeeeeaahhh 16/22 for 2 interceptions isn't all that good

But then again, preseason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno where to begin with the Denver Seattle game. That was just a good game overall.

About the only thing T.O. did was fuck up Flynns numbers. Peyton played pretty well though I missed the 80 yard drive. Denvers D is REALLY good and I'm honestly happy with how the first string Seattle players did aside from T.O. being slop.

Oh, and that one guy that caused us like 30 yards in penalties at least.

No injuries is really good too.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2012-08-19 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Denvers D is REALLY good and I'm honestly happy with how the first string Seattle players did aside from T.O. being slop.
    T.O., doing what he does best second to being a douchebag - dropping passes.

Oh and they seriously need to put Wilson up against starters this next game. I wanna find out if he's still awesome playing against starting defenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    T.O., doing what he does best second to being a douchebag - dropping passes.

Oh and they seriously need to put Wilson up against starters this next game. I wanna find out if he's still awesome playing against starting defenses.
    Yeah. I don't even want to credit T.O. being bad to not knowing the routes. It just seems like he was focusing on outrunning the coverage and expecting the ball to float into his hands. Even when that happened he fibbed it.

Russel may start for a series if anything. I think Seattle wants Flynn to get as many reps as possible now. Hes has a ton of skill though. He made a great pass while being tackled for a first on third down. Hell even the announcers and camera men thought it was being thrown away. I wish I could find a clip of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like running opinions based on pre-season, especially when you end up with trash games that end 3-0.

But there's a lack of consistency between Palmer and his receivers. McFadden seems to be getting back into things, but you can't rely on just running the ball.

On the upside, Janikowski seems to have found a decent understudy.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah when are teams like the Jets going to learn that the league is set up for passing. I know that the Ravens do good every year but that is about the exception, If you look at the teams that was in the playoffs last year and esp the two that was in the Superbowl they were in the top 10 passing bottom 10 running and had no D. I don't know if the NFL should tweak the rules a bit since they know passing brings in more viewers but atm running is almost obsolete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Ah when are teams like the Jets going to learn that the league is set up for passing. I know that the Ravens do good every year but that is about the exception, If you look at the teams that was in the playoffs last year and esp the two that was in the Superbowl they were in the top 10 passing bottom 10 running and had no D. I don't know if the NFL should tweak the rules a bit since they know passing brings in more viewers but atm running is almost obsolete.
    I don't think I agree to an extent.

Ofc a team with a strong QB is going to build that team entirely around making him successful with passing. Honestly, the biggest thing that stepped up for the Giants was the defense in post season.

The thing is, you mention the Jets. If they really want a shot at those divisional games they should bulk up on D, not play hacky-sack with Tebow and Sanchez.

But hey, I mostly follow NFC west, so maybe they are doing something different? Not sure... I sure as hell haven't seen it in their games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the Giants and Pats Running and Defense last year I think Pats was like 2nd lowest in running and Giants was 3rd or 4th in running and both teams was bottom 3-6 in Defense it's been awhile since I looked but it's it was pretty low. The Jets are the ones that brought in Tebow it's not like they just got stuck with him or anything like I said besides the Ravens the whole play D and run the ball just doesn't work anymore the meta has changed in the NFL the rules lean towards passing. As far as the NFC west man that's got to be a boring division to follow just saying besides 49'ers who have only started to being good again after missing what 8 seasons out of the post season thou I do root for the Seachickens at times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I don't think I agree to an extent.

Ofc a team with a strong QB is going to build that team entirely around making him successful with passing. Honestly, the biggest thing that stepped up for the Giants was the defense in post season.

The thing is, you mention the Jets. If they really want a shot at those divisional games they should bulk up on D, not play hacky-sack with Tebow and Sanchez.

But hey, I mostly follow NFC west, so maybe they are doing something different? Not sure... I sure as hell haven't seen it in their games.
    They could probably score more points if they were playing hackey sack rather than playing them at the QB spot. You should watch their next nationally televised game, which is probably next weekend since Tebow is on the team. Their offensive line is abysmal. Their right tackle spot may as well not exist. They have tried 2-3 guys there last year and so far this season and each has been completely awful. Their line can't pass block and it can't run block much better. Even if Sanchez/Tebow had time to pass they literally have one decent receiver, Santonio Holmes, and he is usually too busy sucking his own dick about how great he is (he isn't) to actually be a good receiver. Cromartie, a cornerback, caught a lot of flak this offseason for saying he is the second best receiver on the team and I don't doubt it at all. Why the hell they let Plaxico Burress walk is baffling. He was one of the best red zone WR in the league last year and was by far their second best receiver. Now there is just a huge cliff from the first to second guy and the first guy hasn't even played in the preseason yet and has barely practiced, plus he is coming off essentially getting kicked off the team last year for his constant disruptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the Giants and Pats Running and Defense last year I think Pats was like 2nd lowest in running and Giants was 3rd or 4th in running and both teams was bottom 3-6 in Defense it's been awhile since I looked but it's it was pretty low. The Jets are the ones that brought in Tebow it's not like they just got stuck with him or anything like I said besides the Ravens the whole play D and run the ball just doesn't work anymore the meta has changed in the NFL the rules lean towards passing. As far as the NFC west man that's got to be a boring division to follow just saying besides 49'ers who have only started to being good again after missing what 8 seasons out of the post season thou I do root for the Seachickens at times.
    Maybe so, but do those teams really need a good run game if they have such high caliber QB's?

I mean, lots of people blame GB not going to the super bowl last year to their D... which could just be the packers fans spouting that. It looked like it to me though.

The NFC west is boring because NFL.com and ESPN make it out to be. Until you get some drama like T.O. butterfingering everything after a year off you don't hear much from them. This year will be reaaaaally interesting for the 49ers and Seahawks honestly. You got Alex Smith where this is his year to shine not being tossed around for 2 seasons and a lot of pressure on them to perform and take the NFC west again if not NFC. Seahawks also has the biggest QB competition going on and an emerging defense. These huge corners that Seattle has with the nasty secondary will be interesting playing teams like the pats.

Either way that goes in the season it will be interesting. iirc both teams have pretty rough schedules.

---------- Post added 2012-08-19 at 04:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    They could probably score more points if they were playing hackey sack rather than playing them at the QB spot. You should watch their next nationally televised game, which is probably next weekend since Tebow is on the team. Their offensive line is abysmal. Their right tackle spot may as well not exist. They have tried 2-3 guys there last year and so far this season and each has been completely awful. Their line can't pass block and it can't run block much better. Even if Sanchez/Tebow had time to pass they literally have one decent receiver, Santonio Holmes, and he is usually too busy sucking his own dick about how great he is (he isn't) to actually be a good receiver. Cromartie, a cornerback, caught a lot of flak this offseason for saying he is the second best receiver on the team and I don't doubt it at all. Why the hell they let Plaxico Burress walk is baffling. He was one of the best red zone WR in the league last year and was by far their second best receiver. Now there is just a huge cliff from the first to second guy and the first guy hasn't even played in the preseason yet and has barely practiced, plus he is coming off essentially getting kicked off the team last year for his constant disruptions.
    Yeah, thats the thing I'm worried about with Seattle is their WR's aren't amazing. Doug Baldwin maybe, I'm not holding my breath for Sidney Rice to stay healthy and I don't expect T.O. to make it past the 2nd cut... which I could rant about for a LONG time why he shouldn't.

When you have an O line you can't do anything. I know how that goes from the start of last year. Its why I gave T.Jack the benefit of the doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rules have made those elite QB's even greater I mean come on Matt Stafford had like 5k yards last year and he was what no.2-3 in most yards that's nuts. (I know he has megatron but comeon) I don't watch a ton of espn I usually list to radio and lots of it at work I probably tally in 7 hours of sports radio a day and its usually a mix of fox sports and espn with some local stuff if I get bored or there is a story that both of them have beat to death.

to be fair though, even we(i'm a Baltimoron) are having our hands forced and starting to up the passing game and abandon the rushing game more and more as time goes on.
    we may be the vanguard of the heavy D+rush style of play, but even the Purple 'n Black can't stand against the way the game itself changes. not forever at any rate.
    Last edited by Albert the fish; 2012-08-20 at 02:16 AM.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the Ravens are getting a bit older and running backs have a life span of about 4-5 years before there a shell of themselves from all the ware and tare of the 350 pound guys that run a 4.5 40. Idk the running back position use to be a pretty important position look at the 90's two of the biggest stars was Barry Sanders and Emmit Smith and it seemed like Emmit played forever and who knows how long Barry would have played if the Lions owner wasn't a D-Bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...content_stream

This happens a shit ton I'm willing to bet. Just because its getting media attention its going be a big fucking deal now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaand Michael Vick is down. Good season Philly, it was nice while it lasted.

Oh wait, it didn't.

call me optimistic but that injury didnt look that bad, id expect him to be fine for week 1 possibly even next weeks preseason game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    call me optimistic but that injury didnt look that bad, id expect him to be fine for week 1 possibly even next weeks preseason game
    They said x-rays were negative. So yeah. Least its not a break or fracture.