Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Am I the only one that just has this irrational dislike of Griffin? It's not so much the person, but the hype. Just heard 2 commentators gushing about that silly sleeve thing he does, and how he has "natural style" and he's this half genius cause he's a thesis away from a Masters in something audiovisual. Audiovisual, huh? That takes real brains that. Then he trew a pick, and I couldn't feel anything but a pitiless delight in it. >:]
    It feels like watching a broncos game last year, or any game with Favre. It's like the commentators get paid for talking about him/saying his name. Example:

"Tim Tebow is the greatest Tebow to ever Tebow in the N F Tebow." That's all I ever hear.

Looking forward to tonight's game. Lions are still a threat, and will be a good test to see if our win over the Packers was a true win or luck. Gotta stay consistent.

Deleted
    As much as I'd love to be happy about being right, predicting the game and being happy for the 'Hawks.. This game is just too ugly. Too terribly played and too sad to feel excited about. Ugly, ugly business.. Sad game.

I never get sad about anyone losing a game, but watching this stuff is making me sad about the game. Bad game.

To elaborate a bit, even if the Cowboys somehow pulled a super-stunt comeback and won this thing, I'd still not have enjoyed the game. It's been too sad to watch how stuff has not been clicking, bad calls, uninspired plays.. Urgh.
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2012-09-16 at 10:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Rams-Skins game is pretty freaking entertaining, I must say.

I can't tell if the NFC West finally got good, or if we're just beating teams in bad games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    It feels like watching a broncos game last year, or any game with Favre. It's like the commentators get paid for talking about him/saying his name. Example:

"Tim Tebow is the greatest Tebow to ever Tebow in the N F Tebow." That's all I ever hear.

Looking forward to tonight's game. Lions are still a threat, and will be a good test to see if our win over the Packers was a true win or luck. Gotta stay consistent.
    Either way I found Tebow very fun to watch last year. I always made sure to try and watch his games when I could. Also very excited for the future Arizona vs San Fran coming up, going to be a good game!
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    This Rams-Skins game is pretty freaking entertaining, I must say.
    Yeah, I flipped to that game aswell just to save myself more sadness xD

Very good game!

refs in steelers jets game made an impressively terrible call.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Missed the most of the Rams/Redskins game, but from what I've seen, the refs aren't doing shit here either. Plus that terrible call in the Dallas game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that Joshua Morgan is going to be the goat all week in Washington. From makeable fieldgoal to impossible to make game loser.

Deleted
    I like RG3 for his plays, hate the hype around him. I think he'll have a great career and all. I'm glad I flipped to the 'Skins vs. Rams game, made today alot better although I'm really relying on Lions vs. 49'ers to supply good entertainment to an otherwise unremarkable day of Football.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Missed the most of the Rams/Redskins game, but from what I've seen, the refs aren't doing shit here either. Plus that terrible call in the Dallas game.
    Ya early in the game was incredibly brutal for bad spots for the Rams. Tell you what, that team has done a complete 180 under Fischer. They look like a competent football team and clearly have emulated his attitude on the field. Bradford looks like a completely different quarterback than he did last year. Plus you have to absolutely give Fischer props for taking out Jackson as discipline for his frustration spike earlier in the game. It takes real balls to bench your best player.

Great game from the Seahawks. I am absolutely buying one of their home jerseys when I get some free cash.

The real Mark Sanchez showed up today. Can't wait for New York papers tomorrow calling for his head.

Edit: Oh ya, WTF Morgan. Totally robbed us of a great OT period with his retaliation. You'd love to see the flag also get thrown on Finnegan for popping him in the helmet after the play since only calling the retaliation is the stupidest shit ever, but man was Morgan's move stupid. If you are going to retaliate against Finnegan go the Andre Johnson route and just kick his fucking ass.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-09-16 at 11:42 PM.

The refs were AWEFUL this week. They can't figure out where to spot the ball, the aren't calling obviously penalties and they are calling obviously NOT penalties.

I honestly didn't think last week was too bad minus the whole Seattle time out thing. I thought to myself eh fuck the refs. BUT NO GIVE THEM BACK TO ME PLEASE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    I like RG3 for his plays, hate the hype around him. I think he'll have a great career and all. I'm glad I flipped to the 'Skins vs. Rams game, made today alot better although I'm really relying on Lions vs. 49'ers to supply good entertainment to an otherwise unremarkable day of Football.
    I'd call today a fair few things, unremarkable is not one of them o.O

I'm not going to watch the late game today, would be 5 a.m. and beyond before that finishes for me in Europe. Might put it on tomorrow if I'm in the mood for some more football. I liked how the Niners looked last week, all things considered they should have an easy game against the Lions, so very likely will watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    refs in steelers jets game made an impressively terrible call.
    The Ike Taylor phantom DPI call? That was impressive, especially because at no point did Ike even touch Holmes in that route. I think they meant UR on Clark, but it was a completely legal hit. In fact, after seeing it, Mike Pereira tweeted:

"I'm officially over it. The regular refs need to get back on the field. Enough is enough."

There's definitely a problem with the officiating. They gave the Jets more first downs than they earned, and constantly kept them in the game. The score could have been, and should have been much, much worse for the Jets. They can thank the refs for keeping them in it.

on a different note:

steelers defense is looking old? ladies and gentlemen of the jury, offer the week 2 result as defense against such an absurd statement.
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

on a different note:

steelers defense is looking old? ladies and gentlemen of the jury, offer the week 2 result as defense against such an absurd statement.
    To be honest...the Jets aren't really a high powered offensive machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    To be honest...the Jets aren't really a high powered offensive machine.
    considering their performance the previous week............
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

Deleted
    considering their performance the previous week............
    Against the bills... Sorry but everytime the Jets play a good defence they fall on their asses hard.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    As much as I'd love to be happy about being right, predicting the game and being happy for the 'Hawks.. This game is just too ugly. Too terribly played and too sad to feel excited about. Ugly, ugly business.. Sad game.

I never get sad about anyone losing a game, but watching this stuff is making me sad about the game. Bad game.

To elaborate a bit, even if the Cowboys somehow pulled a super-stunt comeback and won this thing, I'd still not have enjoyed the game. It's been too sad to watch how stuff has not been clicking, bad calls, uninspired plays.. Urgh.
    Hopefully it serves as a wake up call and not a total momentum killer. We can comeback from this loss it's only week 2 but if they keep playing like that we're going nowhere. At least the Skins lost and the Rangers won so it's stings a little less :P

@Logonov: You're not going to get any support from these other guys on how well our D played today. They're still running with the "old and slow" comments, despite finishing first in the league last year and putting up an impressive performance again today without Harrison or Polamalu. It's like it's the cool and fashionable thing to do which is perfectly okay with me. The last time there was this much doubt in the Steelers, we went and won the Super Bowl despite having the hardest schedule in the league, and the only team in history to do so. My advice, let them talk. They watched one game against a watered down Steelers defense and think they have any clue what they're talking about. Let them talk.