10+ Year Old Account
    Cards are legit IMO. Even without the fumble they had the game. Their defense is the real deal.

Imagine if they had a good O line and QB. Holy shit they would be brutal.

Eagles, I don't think so honestly. They got extremely lucky in both their games.

Rams I'm not buying honestly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    These refs need to go. I am really tired of this shit.
    As a Lions fan, my team lost as a direct result of the refs last night. San Fran got a pass interference penalty to set up a 1 yard run at the start of the third quarter. The play with the penalty started after the clock had hit 0:00 at the end of the first. Of course that isn't a reviewable play for whatever reason and the refs missed it. Sure assuming Detroit holds them to a FG there they still lose 23-19, but damn it they could have won without the red screw up there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    As a Lions fan, my team lost as a direct result of the refs last night. San Fran got a pass interference penalty to set up a 1 yard run at the start of the third quarter. The play with the penalty started after the clock had hit 0:00 at the end of the first. Of course that isn't a reviewable play for whatever reason and the refs missed it. Sure assuming Detroit holds them to a FG there they still lose 23-19, but damn it they could have won without the red screw up there.
    I absolutely hate the 49ers, so yeah I really wanted the Lions to win that game.

The only other NFC West team I like is the Cards, and thats mostly because Fitzgerald is there now that Kurt Warner is gone.

I'd go as far as to saying Seattles defense was better than the 49ers if they performed better in the first half. Alex Smith looks really good though. I'd take Russell Wilson over him any day though.

The win for my Niners has a * next to it, like our over the Packers. I been a Niner fan for as long as I an remember, but I'll honestly say, Lions had us to atleast a 3 point difference. Hell, maybe an OT. Would've been different if our recievers could catch, but that's not my call. Don't worry Lion/Packer fans, your teams are good. Playoff bound even.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Are the Chargers good or did they just beat bad teams?
    Good, but their opponents are now both 0-2 teams, both with abysmal offenses. It's hard to tell until they start playing some teams that'll be in playoff contention.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hadn't looked at the video after hearing about it after the lifeguard scandal thing, but he was on SNL this weekend and it was freaking hilarious. Speaking of SNL, I feel like Seth Macfarlane would be the best normal cast member of about any host ever. He can disappear into any role. Also, the Bill Hader puppet sketch was probably the funniest thing on there is a long, long time.

Anywho back on the handegg, sad to see the Lions lost, as expected. The missed call on the Golden Tate decimation is definitely going to get a fine from the league (and seriously WTF was the other personal foul for a late hit about on that play). That wasn't the only one though that was missed and will be getting a fine. I am trying to think of the other game it was in, was watching Redzone, but in another game defender left his feet and clocked a guy in the head with his helmet. The replacement refs were fucking terrible yesterday.

Oh ya, and the play calling at the end of the Patriots game was the most inexcusable bullshit I have ever seen. Since when do the always aggressive, always looking to rip your heart out Pats stop playing fucking offense with a chance to win? They completely gave up the last three plays and settled for a long field goal rather than trying to improve their position. That isn't the Patriots. Speaking of the Pats, so Welker is about to be traded. This is EXACTLY what happened before they dealt Randy Moss. Contract talks stalled, Randy started the season as a starter, quickly became a bench player despite being productive, then was dealt. Welker, the Pats overhwlemingly best receiver, came off the bench this week for reasons outside of anyone's comprehension. It is identical to what happened to Moss without the trade (yet).
    Ah, not the only one fearing they'd try and trade Welker while he had some value. That scenario makes me grumpy. I *like* Welker. He played out a lesser contract when he could have bargained for a better one, but he didn't. Kept to his contract and played like a champion. And now it does indeed look like they are ready to trade him to the first team to offer something like a 2/3 round pick, if that -_-

Thing is, with Hernandez hurt they might reconsider and keep him around. Will only help for the season though, cause it will mean he's gone at the end then for sure in free agency. If Hernandez is ready to play next week, he's as good as gone I think

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Ah, not the only one fearing they'd try and trade Welker while he had some value. That scenario makes me grumpy. I *like* Welker. He played out a lesser contract when he could have bargained for a better one, but he didn't. Kept to his contract and played like a champion. And now it does indeed look like they are ready to trade him to the first team to offer something like a 2/3 round pick, if that -_-

Thing is, with Hernandez hurt they might reconsider and keep him around. Will only help for the season though, cause it will mean he's gone at the end then for sure in free agency. If Hernandez is ready to play next week, he's as good as gone I think
    I haven't been paying much attention to the man. Seems like he doesn't get much play time and when he does he drops a lot.

I agree though, without Hernandez things look pretty scary. I don't think he will be ready by next week... that looked like a really bad sprain.

I bet if Welker does get dumped off he will get scooped up pretty quick. By who is hard to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would want Welker, and an 0-2 team with an injured receiver is just the type of team that would be looking to make a deal, but then the Saints have just been using Sproles in that role anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, there were bad calls from the officials on both sides of the field. One example for my 9'ers was the tackle on Alex Smith after he made the 23 yd run and was hit after he was already down which caused that small gash on his nose. If the refs didn't miss that, the penalties would've been offset and would've been a possible score.

Ok good cuz thats what I been feeling. It really felt like a humongous chunk of teams were 1-1. I guess thats cause it was a historically high amount. Will be interesting how many teams are still about 500 midway through the season.

I think I will pick Atlanta in tonights game. Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if that was wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problems with this:

1. More teams, so more chance of this happening.
    2. Relatively pointless stat, since it's still only two games.
    3. I had something here, but forgot. Everything's better in threes. There we go. Everything's better than three's, and there's no three's right now because there's only been two games.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are still freaking out about the bucs roughing Eli while taking a knee. I don't see the huge deal honestly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are still freaking out about the bucs roughing Eli while taking a knee. I don't see the huge deal honestly.
    Yeah I have no problem with that play. If Eli fumbled and the Bucs recovered people would be calling the play genius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Yeah I have no problem with that play. If Eli fumbled and the Bucs recovered people would be calling the play genius.
    True, and I couldn't really care less about it. However, it was four seconds, so the point was, the Bucs would have had to score on that play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow what a start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, two interceptions. Not a good start, hard to get back from something like that, as we saw with Dallas.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I was debating on not watching this game...

10+ Year Old Account
    Julio may have missed that TD catch, but it shows what makes him such a good receiver. He brute forced his way through the defender because he's so big.

10+ Year Old Account
    In other news, Hernandez is out till into October.

Wow.