1. #3601
    Pandaren Monk Ronnosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayko View Post
    The problem with this is that there were 2 different calls made at that moment.

    It's clear that this game could have been self reffed better then having these replacements, the calls on both sides were just terrible. I sure hope after this that Goodell is jumping on his jet and heading over to Hochulis home on his knees with some flowers and cupcakes saying he is sorry begging for the Refs to get back. Packer Fan or not, this is a joke to watch.
    Another prime time game marred by the gross incompetence by the scab refs. I can't even watch the games with joy anymore and will likely just tune this season out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind/Dæmion/Tobirama/Ophanim
    Diablo 3 Profile

  2. #3602
    Listen to them on ESPN right now.. Not a single one of these people can speak. These are professional sportscasters and are for the most part unbiased. ESPNs NFL caster team have always been VERY good and saying things based on rules and seeing plays from both sides of the ball along with backing ref calls.

    The NFL is a big part of the ESPN payday and they are just bashing the NFL right now.

  3. #3603
    Warchief Northy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,103
    Tomorrow's headline news:

    Seahawks beat Packers on last second interception thrown by Russell Wilson...

  4. #3604
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Selynia View Post
    Please read the above posters. Once it is ruled ON THE INITIAL PLAY a simultaneous catch. That part of it is non-reviewable. Such as with the OPI on the push-off.
    While all scoring plays are reviewed, what exactly is reviewed on them is limited short of "is he in the inzone with some sort of the ball"?
    Yeah, undoubtedly the most controversial part is the conflicting calls on the field, which IS the fault of the replacement refs.

    Figures, Mike Pereira wasn't around for this game. He would be going nuts.

  5. #3605
    Pandaren Monk Ronnosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Selynia View Post
    Please read the above posters. Once it is ruled ON THE INITIAL PLAY a simultaneous catch. That part of it is non-reviewable. Such as with the OPI on the push-off.
    While all scoring plays are reviewed, what exactly is reviewed on them is limited short of "is he in the inzone with some sort of the ball"?
    I'm not disputing that the rule on the initial play isn't subject to review. I'm saying it was the mother of all bad calls, given your verbatim quotation of the rule from the rulebook, and that Green Bay got jobbed. And I'm not even a Packers fan!!
    Last edited by Ronnosh; 2012-09-25 at 04:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind/Dæmion/Tobirama/Ophanim
    Diablo 3 Profile

  6. #3606
    this might be the call that gets the lingerie football refs out of the NFL and Biceps Hoculi back in

  7. #3607
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Selynia View Post
    Please read the above posters. Once it is ruled ON THE INITIAL PLAY a simultaneous catch. That part of it is non-reviewable. Such as with the OPI on the push-off.
    While all scoring plays are reviewed, what exactly is reviewed on them is limited short of "is he in the inzone with some sort of the ball"?
    As I mentioned, pass interference is reviewable now. But it's probably because of what Fengore says here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    If a play is going into review, the entire play should be up for review, not specific elements. Otherwise what is the point of utilising the technology. It's there to eradicate errors and bring clarity to an uncertain situation. The rules need a good looking at, refs brought back (I hope) or not.
    I've seen refs review two aspects of a play, if the issues are happening close to each other. I think. Either way, it's a product of replacement refs not knowing what they can and can't do.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  8. #3608
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    6,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayko View Post
    Listen to them on ESPN right now.. Not a single one of these people can speak. These are professional sportscasters and are for the most part unbiased. ESPNs NFL caster team have always been VERY good and saying things based on rules and seeing plays from both sides of the ball along with backing ref calls.

    The NFL is a big part of the ESPN payday and they are just bashing the NFL right now.
    I don't get the coverage here, but I read on Twitter that Gruden is absolutely raging.

    Between Gruden going into Chucky mode, and Vince Mcmahon and the XFL trending world wide, I'm starting to question how much integrity is left in this season for Goodell to piss away.

  9. #3609
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    As I mentioned, pass interference is reviewable now. But it's probably because of what Fengore says here:


    I've seen refs review two aspects of a play, if the issues are happening close to each other. I think. Either way, it's a product of replacement refs not knowing what they can and can't do.
    you can't review PI unless PI is called though. you can't review a non-call.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 11:36 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    I don't get the coverage here, but I read on Twitter that Gruden is absolutely raging.

    Between Gruden going into Chucky mode, and Vince Mcmahon and the XFL trending world wide, I'm starting to question how much integrity is left in this season for Goodell to piss away.
    there was a CBA to "protect" the real refs from being berated, the guys out there tonight aren't covered by any such agreement. feel bad for them, it would be VERY hard to do what they're being asked to do and they're not good enough to be big college football refs

  10. #3610
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,008
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you can't review PI unless PI is called though. you can't review a non-call.
    Huh, yeah. Blah.

    There's gonna be a lot of Packers paying some money after today.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  11. #3611
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    this might be the call that gets the lingerie football refs out of the NFL and Biceps Hoculi back in
    Or it's the one that the Refs all the sudden go "Goodell, you know that offer we had? How about you add a 0 or two on the end of that?"

  12. #3612
    Pandaren Monk Ronnosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,763
    Goodell can't continue to say with a straight face that he's acting in the best interests of the league, not when the scab circus continues to sink to new depths of ineptitude each weekend. Here I thought the extra 12 yards spotted to the Titans yesterday because the ball was placed on the wrong 44-yard line was bad enough...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind/Dæmion/Tobirama/Ophanim
    Diablo 3 Profile

  13. #3613
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    Goodell can't continue to say with a straight face that he's acting in the best interests of the league, not when the scab circus continues to sink to new depths of ineptitude each weekend. Here I thought the extra 12 yards spotted to the Titans yesterday because the ball was placed on the wrong 44-yard line was bad enough...
    Haha, I missed that one. Kind of like the defensive holding call that got 10 yards instead of five.

    ESPN's Top Ten should just be Top Ten ref fuckups.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  14. #3614
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    982
    i think its safe to say, if you want to win in this league for the time being, you cannot let this game come down to the refs.

    At the same time, im sure seattle fans are happy to take the win, but its sort of a "kissing your sister" kind of feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

    "They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

  15. #3615
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,935
    I think everybody agrees there is now insane pressure on the NFL to give the refs what they want, but what they want is ridiculous. They have the NFL by the balls, and I won't be surprised if they don't give in.

  16. #3616
    Pandaren Monk Ronnosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Selynia View Post
    Please read the above posters. Once it is ruled ON THE INITIAL PLAY a simultaneous catch. That part of it is non-reviewable. Such as with the OPI on the push-off.
    While all scoring plays are reviewed, what exactly is reviewed on them is limited short of "is he in the inzone with some sort of the ball"?
    Also, there were conflicting initial rulings. One ref ruled it an interception/touchback and the other ruled it a touchdown. If there's two refs in the endzone giving conflicting calls, the entire play should have been reviewed to determine if there indeed was simultaneous possession established.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind/Dæmion/Tobirama/Ophanim
    Diablo 3 Profile

  17. #3617
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    At the same time, im sure seattle fans are happy to take the win, but its sort of a "kissing your sister" kind of feeling.
    I think thats the best way to put it.

    I never seen anything like this since the super bowl. This definitely goes beyond that game aside from the label of super bowl.

    Oh jesus....... on GB's 2 point conversion the ref gave them a kicking ball rather than a normal one...

  18. #3618
    Pandaren Monk Ronnosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Haha, I missed that one. Kind of like the defensive holding call that got 10 yards instead of five.

    ESPN's Top Ten should just be Top Ten ref fuckups.
    The "unsportsmanlike conduct" call on Harbaugh last night because he was trying to get the ref's attention to call a time-out almost made me blow a gasket last night. Goodell can't continue with this "Let them eat cake" attitude any longer. His credibility and that of the league are on the line in the worst way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind/Dæmion/Tobirama/Ophanim
    Diablo 3 Profile

  19. #3619
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,008
    Tate denied pushing off Shields. Guess he hasn't seen the review.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  20. #3620
    The Lightbringer draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Haha, I missed that one. Kind of like the defensive holding call that got 10 yards instead of five.

    ESPN's Top Ten should just be Top Ten ref fuckups.
    I don't know what criteria they can use to narrow it down to just ten

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •