10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    They're not gonna be able to rely on special teams touchdowns every year. Ponder is the only QB in the NFL who hasn't thrown an interception, but that doesn't really make him a great quarterback. It will fade in time.
    I guess I'm biased. I liked the Vikings a lot a few years back. Watching Farve and Rice connect was amazing, so you can guess how I felt when I heard we got Darrell Bevell, TJack and Rice.

Woah, was just browsing Wikipedia and apparently Darrell Bevell was not only the QB coach in GB during the Farve era, but also a Wisconsin Badger QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I guess I'm biased. I liked the Vikings a lot a few years back. Watching Farve and Rice connect was amazing, so you can guess how I felt when I heard we got Darrell Bevell, TJack and Rice.

Woah, was just browsing Wikipedia and apparently Darrell Bevell was not only the QB coach in GB during the Farve era, but also a Wisconsin Badger QB.
    I'm a Vikings homer, being from that area. They are better than I thought they would be this year, but I dont think they are the best team in the NFC North, much less the NFC.

I could see the Vikings going 8-8.

christian ponder can't win important games. he never could. he was a dual threat QB, still holds the FSU record for the shuttle, but nobody wants him to run and jimbo fisher wanted him to be his next jamarcus russell so bad that he nearly ruined him. he's too injury prone to run though, so all he can do is hope AP stays rolling so he can get some easy completions off play action passes

nobody in that backfield though is someone you can count on. ap's 4 fumbles 3 years ago is why you can't count on him. ponder at FSU is why you can't count on him (say wake forest near ponder and he'll drop into a fetal position)

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to have the Jets start Tebow. Their season is going downhill every week, can't lose much else, and as crappy as a passer as he is, he still won games for the Broncos. Give him a shot, can't do any more damage.

Biased as I have fun watching his ridiculously horrible throws to his random 4th quarter comebacks.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    he was the best show in the league last year, I wouldn't mind an encore

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    he was the best show in the league last year, I wouldn't mind an encore
    Being the second defeated team in history would make the Lions feel better. Broncos D carried Tebow, Jets aren't the same. Next to no pass rush (vs Von Miller and Dumervil), and secondary is suspect at best without Reeves. Broncos this year will be amazing, both loses where a touchdown to arguably the best team in both the NFC and AFC (Falcons/Texans).
    Last edited by Todgruppe; 2012-10-04 at 08:24 AM.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I just want to have the Jets start Tebow. Their season is going downhill every week, can't lose much else, and as crappy as a passer as he is, he still won games for the Broncos. Give him a shot, can't do any more damage.

Biased as I have fun watching his ridiculously horrible throws to his random 4th quarter comebacks.
    It's still only Week 5, so I think it's still too early to panic. However, Sanchez has a history of being not-so-great, and without any support from the rest of the team (on the field that is), he is sure to collapse. I can't remember his current season stats, but I think it was Tony Kornheiser who just flat out said, "those are Tebow numbers". So, which would you have? A quarterback with terrible stats who loses, or a quarterback with terrible stats who has the capability to win? Or a third string unproven quarterback. Personally, I'll take 2 and 3 over 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still only Week 5, so I think it's still too early to panic. However, Sanchez has a history of being not-so-great, and without any support from the rest of the team (on the field that is), he is sure to collapse. I can't remember his current season stats, but I think it was Tony Kornheiser who just flat out said, "those are Tebow numbers". So, which would you have? A quarterback with terrible stats who loses, or a quarterback with terrible stats who has the capability to win? Or a third string unproven quarterback. Personally, I'll take 2 and 3 over 1.
    When I see Russell Wilson's QBR I want to cry.

But at least we can rely on our defense and run game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    When I see Russell Wilson's QBR I want to cry.

But at least we can rely on our defense and run game.
    It's not like it's bad for a rookie, and QBR shouldn't ever be used as an indicator for future success.

(QBR didn't exist back then, but serious look at this shit)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...470/john-elway

Deleted
    Cardinals vs. Rams soon. I didn't think I'd look forward to this match-up so much until recently but both teams play tough and it should be a good game.

I think the Rams will win but it's going to be a tight, low-scoring game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    It's not like it's bad for a rookie, and QBR shouldn't ever be used as an indicator for future success.

(QBR didn't exist back then, but serious look at this shit)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...470/john-elway
    Yeah, QBR is a bad rating, but its something that people look at.

Hopefully this week the bad play calling stops. I think once that does Russell will improve and turn over those 3rd downs (which hes something absurd, like below 20% for 3rd and 1-8). Thats just bad play calling though.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 05:23 PM ----------

Larry Fitzgerald only 140 yards away from 10k.

What a beast.

10+ Year Old Account
    nobody in this game wants to make a catch

10+ Year Old Account
    nobody in this game wants to make a catch
    Player of the game's gonna end up being the Rams' punter. Neither offensive line is playing like they've ever played football before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Player of the game's gonna end up being the Rams' punter. Neither offensive line is playing like they've ever played football before.
    This is almost sad.

If the rams come out with a win, and seahawks win, the entire NFC west will be >.500

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was cute when they gave up a sack on a stunt with only 3 rushers

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was cute when they gave up a sack on a stunt with only 3 rushers
    If that's the play I'm thinking of, Kolb looked super-pissed as he got up.

17-3, no way Arizona's coming back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arizona is looking terrible. This is embarrassing.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit he got destroyed. Surprised to see him walk off on his own.

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate that they want to get Fitzgerald a few extra yards, who knows those tenths of a point might make a difference for my fantasy team, but maybe they could try scoring instead of throwing underneath to a guy with 3 defenders between him and the endzone

edit - that was a hilarious way to end it, so much terrible play calling and execution by Arizona, how did they have 4 wins?!
    Last edited by draynay; 2012-10-05 at 03:34 AM.