10+ Year Old Account
    Sad to see the cards go down this hard. Seems like their D wasn't as good as they have been, at least week 1.

when are people going to realize that Kolb is terrible?
    he was terrible in Philly and he's terrible now..

How can you say Kolb is terrible after that game? He took 9 sacks (and should have taken more but managed to get away from a few), got hit pretty much every throw, and yet stayed in the entire game and never made a bad decision. That takes fucking balls. If Tom Brady was behind that line he would have panicked and started throwing it to the Rams after the third or fourth sack.

Granted, Tom Brady would have made a couple of those throws that Kolb didn't make, but it's not like he was off by a mile; he was a couple inches off at worst, and all were thrown to the right guy. He's only going to get better as time goes on, and even after this loss I'm excited about having him at QB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    when are people going to realize that Kolb is terrible?
    he was terrible in Philly and he's terrible now..
    20 career starts. Under pressure 100% of the game.

Granted, he's no elite quarterback, but you can't really say anything about his performance unless you give him time, in more ways than one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    How can you say Kolb is terrible after that game? He took 9 sacks (and should have taken more but managed to get away from a few), got hit pretty much every throw, and yet stayed in the entire game and never made a bad decision. That takes fucking balls. If Tom Brady was behind that line he would have panicked and started throwing it to the Rams after the third or fourth sack.

Granted, Tom Brady would have made a couple of those throws that Kolb didn't make, but it's not like he was off by a mile; he was a couple inches off at worst, and all were thrown to the right guy. He's only going to get better as time goes on, and even after this loss I'm excited about having him at QB.
    There were many bad decisions. Like being in the red zone and tossing it to Larry when you had another receiver in the endzone.

You just can't compare Kolb to Tom Brady... I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    There were many bad decisions. Like being in the red zone and tossing it to Larry when you had another receiver in the endzone.

You just can't compare Kolb to Tom Brady... I'm sorry.
    Okay, I'll admit that was stupid. But he still handled the pressure better than any quarterback not named Roethlisberger would have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Okay, I'll admit that was stupid. But he still handled the pressure better than any quarterback not named Roethlisberger would have.
    As should any other NFL QB.

Without looking, Vick has probably been hit and sacked much more than Kolb.

True, but Vick throws ints and fumbles when he gets hit. Kolb has been making less mistakes and throwing more touchdowns.

If the Texans don't have any horrible injuries, then I think they will have no problems getting to the play offs and hopefully to the SB. Their so fantastic(dat defense) right now, their like unbeatable atm.
    But they have several very tough games ahead. They got the Packers, Pats and the Ravens to deal with. I'm rooting for them all the way because Dallas always finds a way to fuck up.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see The Falcons and Texans in the Super Bowl just because it's something different. I'm tired of seeing Settlers,Giants,and the Pats in the Super Bowl...it would be nice to see somebody different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    I would love to see The Falcons and Texans in the Super Bowl just because it's something different. I'm tired of seeing Settlers,Giants,and the Pats in the Super Bowl...it would be nice to see somebody different.
    Yea, hopefully Bears will be in it this year and win it. Who knows?
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still wouldn't rule out the possibility of a Falcons/Ravens final this year.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    I'm kinda silently rooting for them. I think it would be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda silently rooting for them. I think it would be cool.
    Me too. I've always rooted for the underdogs, or teams that just historically never win like the Falcons. New teams like the Texans need something to feel proud about, last year was their first playoff game I believe. Hell, if the Browns suddenly went on an undefeated run for the rest of the season, I'd cheer em on the destroy anything they came across.

lockdown pick of the week for me is saints -3.5 home against the chargers.. san diego always has one of them flop games every year and this is it

i also like packers giving the colts +7.5 pts.. i feel a big one coming from rogers and co

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, with all this hype of the Denver NE game you'd think it was a primetime game, but nope. Instead we get two shitfest games for primetime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jets losing 34-0 again sounds like a great Primetime game.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, with all this hype of the Denver NE game you'd think it was a primetime game, but nope. Instead we get two shitfest games for primetime.
    Well, San Diego/New Orleans was going to be a good game until we saw how bad the Saints would do. Then again, the Chargers have that history of starting strong and then failing hard. Trap game for them maybe.

can't believe nobody has discussed it yet, but those vests like what vick is wearing + his jersey are VERY slick, you can't tuck a ball in it properly and while it's 100% on vick (the fumbles) it's the only way he can absorb 16 hits per game at QB (more than any QB in the league, more than all but 8 RBs in the league)

no need to have your 200lb QB running inside on a dive play at the goal line though.

Man, the Browns are whooping the Giants. I hope they can pull off the upset because I hate the Giants. But you still gotta watch out for that Manning come back, which happens all the damn time.