10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Jets need an offensive revamp. Run tebow and sanchez on the field at the same time. Tebow gets the snap and sanchez becomes the safety valve (if a passing play), if sanchez gets the snap tebow either blocks or safety valve. They arent utilizing both players at the same time. Jets offensive line need to hit harder, no reason these guy have they their hands up batting down passes.
    Wait, Tebow's left-handed. Run both in the backfield at once like Lousiana-Monroe does. It'll work great, and one of those quarterbacks can scramble.

15+ Year Old Account
    So how bad are the Buffalo Bills on defense? The Jets offense put up 48 points on the Bills in week 1. They have scored 50 points since then over four games. And yet somehow the Titans are a worse points defense giving up 36.2 ppg, as opposed to 35.2 for the Bills. Those two teams get to play an epic showdown in a couple weeks to decide who is the worst defense in the land.

Speaking of the Jets and their terribleness, Sanchez is the problem, but certainly not their only one. The Jets have no receivers. None. Zippo. Why the fuck did they let Palxico Burress go (and why the fuck is he not employed by another receiver-less time like the Rams)? The Jets were a good red zone team last year for one reason, Plaxico Burress. He had 6-7 red zone TDs last year. Now they have no threats at all for a big red zone target. Sanchez is a miserable QB anyways, but the issue only gets compounded when said miserable QB has absolutely no one to throw the ball to. The Jets are just a poorly run organization. Woody Johnson should focus less on his cheering for Romney to lower his taxes and focus more on firing Mike Tennenbaum and getting a GM who will actually bring in pieces to improve the team, not pieces to sell jerseys (Tebow).

Texans are good. I am almost, almost mind you, ready to apologize for saying Arian Foster is nothing but a product of the system like Terrel Davis and countless Broncos before him. Foster is the third faster player to 5,000 yards from scrimmage ever behind only the legendary Eric Dickerson and the less legendary but still damn good Edge James. I don't care what system you are in, that is damn impressive.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-10-09 at 02:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Jets have good receivers, they're just all hurt. Santonio Holmes is out for the season, but at least they get Dustin Keller back.

Sometimes I think NFL analysts just pick numbers randomly from a box and assign them to teams in power poll rankings. Steve Wyche has GB as no. 19 in the league? Denver at 18? Eagles at 6? Raiders 5 places ahead of KC? Chargers 11? Sigh, I need to stop reading anything from that website.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Oakland at least it's probably due to the fact the other teams in the AFC west lost during Oakland's bye week. They just need to make gains on their game in hand.

GB being low makes no sense, ok they're not the amazing team that won a couple of years ago, but they're still better than at least half the league. Denver I'm unsure of, if Manning's on a good day they're dangerous, if he's not it's a team that can lose hard.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    That's exactly what I thought the Jets were going to do when they signed Tebow. Something a innovative instead of the wildcat which NFL defensive co-ordinators worked out years ago.

Strength of Schedules:

DEN: 16-7; rank: 18; record: 2-3
    GB: 14-10; rank: 19; record: 2-3 (3-2)
    PHI: 13-11; rank 6; record: 3-2

That's just absurd.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2012-10-09 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually agree all around for the NFL power rankings. I'd maybe put the patriots a rank higher though. I'm still not buying the rams hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to going to the 9'ers and NYG game this sunday. I've been waiting for this since we lost the NFC championship last season, time for some payback!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Billy Cundiff released from the Redskins. Shouldn't be surprising, but whats more surprising is that they signed him.

Actually even more surprising, Josh Brown is still a FA.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 05:14 PM ----------

Bruce Irvin has 4.5 sacks across 5 games. Quinton Coples, Chandler Jones, Melvin Ingram, and Courtney Upshaw have combined 3.5 sacks.

What a beast.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2012-10-09 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Strength of Schedules:

DEN: 16-7; rank: 18; record: 2-3
    GB: 14-10; rank: 19; record: 2-3 (3-2)
    PHI: 13-11; rank 6; record: 3-2

That's just absurd.
    isn't SoS based upon last years W-L record? or is it constantly updated?
    i never put too much weight on SoS because we know every year that every team will either lose to a team they shouldn't have and beat a them they shouldn't have

Whoever is doing Yahoos rankings is an absolute moron

Top 3 isnt much issue but take a look at their 4 through 10
    4. New York Giants
    5. New England Patriots
    6. Philadelphia Eagles
    7. Baltimore Ravens
    8. Minnesota Vikings
    9. Pittsburgh Steelers
    10. Chicago Bears

Ummm what? So the Giants the team thats only wins are against teams with a 1-3 record or worse and lost to the Cowboys and Eagles, are not only better than the Eagles (the team that beat them and has played a tougher schedule) but vastly better than the Bears a team with a better record and even blew out the Cowboys who beat the Giants in New York! I expect this kind of garbage from fans sometimes, but "analysts" should really be less stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to order those rankings -

4: NE
    5: Ravens
    6: Bears
    7: Eagles (If they can fix their turnover problem like everybody is saying, if not they belong in the low teens.)
    8: Steelers
    9: Vikings
    10: Giants

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Whoever is doing Yahoos rankings is an absolute moron

Top 3 isnt much issue but take a look at their 4 through 10
    4. New York Giants
    5. New England Patriots
    6. Philadelphia Eagles
    7. Baltimore Ravens
    8. Minnesota Vikings
    9. Pittsburgh Steelers
    10. Chicago Bears

Ummm what? So the Giants the team thats only wins are against teams with a 1-3 record or worse and lost to the Cowboys and Eagles, are not only better than the Eagles (the team that beat them and has played a tougher schedule) but vastly better than the Bears a team with a better record and even blew out the Cowboys who beat the Giants in New York! I expect this kind of garbage from fans sometimes, but "analysts" should really be less stupid.
    The fact that the Eagles is on anyone's top ten is scary itself. And the fact that they're ahead of the Vikings and Ravens is beyond wtf.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Billy Cundiff released from the Redskins. Shouldn't be surprising, but whats more surprising is that they signed him.

Actually even more surprising, Josh Brown is still a FA.
    Meh, Brown is a league average kicker. He had that one good year clicking at 85% a few years back then immediately receded to the 75% average. You know what ex-Seahawk kicker should be employed right now? Olindo Mare. Last year he got a big free agent deal from the Panthers and immediately receded to the league average before they cut him. His previous three season were 89, 92, and 83%. That is damn good. He is 19-43 from 50+ in his career which is damn good. Giving kickers big contracts or long term is phenomenally stupid in almost every case, ask the Browns and Bengals, but so is keeping a sub-league average guy on your team like several teams have right now while you can get a cheap upgrade in a heartbeat. There is about three guys worth a big contract as a kicker, Legatron in St Louis, Janikowski in Oakland, and Hanson in Detroit if he were five years younger. Those guys are legitimate weapons. Legatron can kick from 60 yards like it is a freaking extra point. That kick this week against Arizona from 53 had enough leg for another 10 yards at least. Dude is insane. Hanson is the greatest 50+ yard kicker of all time and has been extending the scoring area for the Lions for 20 years now. Janikowski is damn fantastic as well. As far as I am concerned though, every other guy I can think of is incredibly replaceable.

10+ Year Old Account
    The announcers for the Seattle St Louis game said that Legatron can make a 70 yarder in practice.

Thats fucking insane. He will break the NFL record at this rate.

Apart from 1 loss (that actually made them VERY angry) - the 49ers are the best team in football atm. I'd put the Texans right behind them. BUT, how is that (cheap shot) knee injury to their star MLB going to affect their D?
    Last edited by Balir; 2012-10-10 at 07:34 PM.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    The fact that the Eagles is on anyone's top ten is scary itself. And the fact that they're ahead of the Vikings and Ravens is beyond wtf.
    They beat the Ravens. The Eagles are 3-2 with one actual bad loss. Their other loss they were in the game and that is even with some horrible turnovers. If the Eagles can prevent some of their careless turnovers they will be a great team now that their defense is slightly less awful than it was before. I feel like I have heard that before though, but where?

Oh ya 2011 when the Eagles turned the ball over like crazy. Only difference is it at least hasn't killed them at this point in the season like it did last year. Being 3-2 is much better than 1-4 like they probably should be with their reckless ball handling.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 03:37 PM ----------

The announcers for the Seattle St Louis game said that Legatron can make a 70 yarder in practice.

Ya he just needs the opportunity to do it in a game situation. No doubt in my mind the guy can shatter the record.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a couple that have done it in practice IIRC. But the actual in game situation with a team rushing against you, the low angle of even a 65+ yarder is easily blocked if someone gets a good jump.

Will be interesting to see Zuerlein over the next few years, if he can hit with consistency, he'll probably end up carrying the Rams for a few games the way Janikowski's kicked other teams to death for Oakland.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't know what it is about him, but wtching his balls that he kicked, they looked so....smooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    They beat the Ravens. The Eagles are 3-2 with one actual bad loss. Their other loss they were in the game and that is even with some horrible turnovers. If the Eagles can prevent some of their careless turnovers they will be a great team now that their defense is slightly less awful than it was before. I feel like I have heard that before though, but where?

Oh ya 2011 when the Eagles turned the ball over like crazy. Only difference is it at least hasn't killed them at this point in the season like it did last year. Being 3-2 is much better than 1-4 like they probably should be with their reckless ball handling.
    But these power rankings don't go off records alone. people still put Green Bay up there despite them being below .500. It's obvious the Eagles are playing like shit, and barely pulling away victories because Vick has one good drive in a game after forgetting that the football isn't a time bomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    There's a couple that have done it in practice IIRC. But the actual in game situation with a team rushing against you, the low angle of even a 65+ yarder is easily blocked if someone gets a good jump.

Will be interesting to see Zuerlein over the next few years, if he can hit with consistency, he'll probably end up carrying the Rams for a few games the way Janikowski's kicked other teams to death for Oakland.
    I'm sure a few can, but as you said, it's a lot different in game. Granted, that doesn't mean anything if he can kick it high enough and deep enough at the same time. I'm not much on physics, but I assume it just would take someone with a hellaciously strong leg.