Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Who you can name has nothing to do with it.

It's naiive to think M&S is somehow insignificant in the scope of Beyonce's popularity in the US, and especially in the UK (where a large group of viewers also exist).
    It has everything to do with who you can name. With Beyonce comes Jay and Kanye, and despite the recent success of Mumford and Sons, they'll never hit the popularity of those two. While, granted, they're very popular and successful right now, they're insignificant when compared to Kanye and Jay in the simple fact that those two are the biggest names in hip hop over the last 5 years. The NFL is finally recognizing the demographic that watches the Super Bowl and finally putting artists out there who they can relate with, not bands that were popular in the 80's. Mumford and Sons is popular with one particular demographic while bringing Kanye, Jay and Beyonce hit the hiphop and 'pop' demographics which please the male and female viewers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozled View Post
    It has everything to do with who you can name. With Beyonce comes Jay and Kanye, and despite the recent success of Mumford and Sons, they'll never hit the popularity of those two. While, granted, they're very popular and successful right now, they're insignificant when compared to Kanye and Jay in the simple fact that those two are the biggest names in hip hop over the last 5 years. The NFL is finally recognizing the demographic that watches the Super Bowl and finally putting artists out there who they can relate with, not bands that were popular in the 80's. Mumford and Sons is popular with one particular demographic while bringing Kanye, Jay and Beyonce hit the hiphop and 'pop' demographics which please the male and female viewers.
    Give em a year or three. They never pick someone who is immediately successful. Beyonce has been around for a few years. Black Eyed Peas were around for a few years. They never pick a new hot talent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Give em a year or three. They never pick someone who is immediately successful. Beyonce has been around for a few years. Black Eyed Peas were around for a few years. They never pick a new hot talent.
    I had completely forgotten BEP played the halftime show. Why can I not remember that at all. You'd think they would have been perfect for that role and incredibly memorable.

Who else here is secretly rooting for Romney to win the Presidency and then for Ye to say Romney doesn't care about black people during the Super bowl halftime show?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Fair enough. I think that's also why they shouldn't do it, though. I mean, there's people who would ask "uh, who's mumford and sons?" especially in the NFL demographic. On the flip side you have Beyonce + Jay and Kanye and their immense popularity.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 02:28 PM ----------

At this time, it looks like the 'Fins are trying to snag Bowe from Kansas City in a trade. Details aren't clear yet, but it's being reported by multiple 'sources'. Bowe apparently wants out of Kansas City "very badly" and has asked to be traded to anywhere, really. Let's see if this developes into anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit T-Sizzle is apparently expected to be back on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozled View Post
    I'm not sure I can completely agree with that. Remember back in 2011 when Arcade Fire won best a grammy for best album of the year, and there was some relative internet explosion (mostly from Lady GaGa, Katy Perry and Eminem fans) about who the hell is Arcade Fire?! Well that album was consistently on the billboard top 200, peaking at number 1 in 2010 and hitting 12 again after it won the grammy in 2011.

M&S have also been successful since 2010, when their debut released in the US, which puts them at a critical and commercial success for three years now.

You know what people like? Being surprised. They know what Beyonce or Black Eyed Peas is going to do before they even take the stage, and it's almost always followed with a litany of Facebook/Twitter updates about how bad and predictable it was. If some English group who all play like 10 instruments live come out wailing some heartfelt pseudo-folk music, people will be amazed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw a blip on twitter where Ed Reed is hurt too. Jeez.

Honestly, for how much hype this game is getting I'm not as hyped as I was for the NE game. The games they lost were against top 10 defenses. Their offense doesn't scare me as much. It'll be all on us instead of how they perform.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Saw a blip on twitter where Ed Reed is hurt too. Jeez.

Honestly, for how much hype this game is getting I'm not as hyped as I was for the NE game. The games they lost were against top 10 defenses. Their offense doesn't scare me as much. It'll be all on us instead of how they perform.
    Ya Ed Reed apparently said he has a torn labrum in his shoulder. Brutal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Holy shit T-Sizzle is apparently expected to be back on Sunday.
    Yeah, I saw that report too.

That doesn't pass the smell test to me; especially since it didn't come from the Ravens themselves. He's off the PuP but, as far as I know, he's not even on the active roster yet (think the team has a 3 week window to add him?). There were only 2 open spots with Lewis and Webb being IR'ed and those were used on LB Josh Byrnes and RB Bobby Rainey (both from the practice squad - guessing they're not going to look at EJ Henderson ). Basically, they took him off the PuP so he could start working out with the team. As far as I know he hasn't been able to do any workouts up to this point. One Ravens Insider at another site had this to say about his current conditioning:

This would be surprising. The Ravens have targeted the Chargers game.

I saw him in uniform yesterday and he looks like someone tried to stuff a squirrel in a condom.
    Even if they wanted him just for limited play this week, there would need to be a corresponding roster move.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Ya Ed Reed apparently said he has a torn labrum in his shoulder. Brutal.
    Ugh >.<

Yeah, that dropped last night on a radio show here in Baltimore. Basically, someone asked him about how the team was going to react to all the injuries and Reed's comment went something like this:

[mentions team missing Ray and Webb alot.][mentions Ngata playing through injury] ... and I've got a torn labrum.
    pretty much everyone there is like, "uuuhhh, what?"

Reed:
    Naww, man. It's nothing. I ain't no pitcher. This ain't baseball. This ain't basketball. I'm fine ... this ain't gonna be a problem.
    I love Ed Reed, but this guy really does live in his own world. Someone else's more eloquent explanation of a torn labrum / slap tear.

Slap tears can make it very painful to lift your arm above your shoulder level. It can also be very painful and unstable when pushing. It will come with general instability as well, causing pain on muscles around the shoulder that are over compensating. The instability can also lead to nerve impingement (which he's had). Impingement can cause general loss of strength all up and down the arm.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that injury will affect his performance a lot.

Its kinda weird. Both the Steelers and Ravens have a ton of injuries right now. Then you could try and crack the joke of them being old and washed up, which meh. When they are healthy they are good, but I do notice no huddle tearing them up much more than they would say Seattle which is much younger.

Speaking of which, there is rumors already going around that Bobby Wagner could be in the run for defensive rookie of the year. Which I don't like buying into these things this early, but really you can't ignore his stats. They are really good for a rookie linebacker.

http://www.hawkblogger.com/2012/10/b...into-droy.html

Gonna be rooting hard for Seattle today. Idk why but I want them to expose San Fran as the fraud I personally think they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good Lord.

If you could genetically combine every WR from San Fran. and Seattle, you still wouldn't have a guy that could catch.

EDIT: How are Vernon Davis and Randy Moss not getting any touches? O.o 1 pass between the 2 all game so far.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god, we finally got a TD. It is about damn time. I was afraid Alex Smith was having a complete relapse.

Second good drive in a row you say? Aaaand it's gone. Terrible play calling there after the huge Gore run.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2012-10-19 at 02:44 AM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Russell Wilson lookin better than Alex Smith tonight. If not for a couple Seattle dropped passes, they could be winning.

I don't know if I could keep my cool after some of those stupid drops. Talk about having the ball in the perfect spot for receivers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either keep Kaepernick in there, or leave smith there. Continuity matters dammit Roman and Harbaugh! I know you lot are grooming Kaepernick and using him as a "wildcat" guy, but it is like the damn Jets out there, no synergy.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Either keep Kaepernick in there, or leave smith there. Continuity matters dammit Roman and Harbaugh! I know you lot are grooming Kaepernick and using him as a "wildcat" guy, but it is like the damn Jets out there, no synergy.
    You know I used to think that could work if you had the right guys at quarterback, but after seeing it in practice I agree. No way Smith throws that stupid interception if he didn't have to come out of the game the play before.

10+ Year Old Account
    The towel is in my hands. I have to do some thinking before I throw it in.

Fuck this shit. Sidney Rice is the only person that can catch a ball on this team. Only drop that wasn't their own fault was Braylon Edwards. His arm was hooked. Everything else is unacceptable. Too many shittacular mistakes.

I think it speaks volumes that T.O. couldnt make a Seattle team of poor receivers. Was really hoping Seattle could pull it out, oh well. Alex Smith still looked bad, sadly so did Wilson although its hard for me to rip into Wilson too much when he isnt getting help besides Lynch. It really reminds me of the crap Jay Cutler had to put up with for so long honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, so I wake up to people going back to the "BRING BACK FLYNN" stuff. While I was guilty a few weeks ago, you cant pin this loss on Wilson. I'll explain my thoughts when I get back from class. I'm still pretty aggravated over the loss. Plus now I have to deal with the worlds most annoying 49er fan (which is becoming quite common since last year) at class.