15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-quarterbacks/

ruht roh. Even though I kinda felt like this was coming.
    I'm not sure if Harbaugh is just fucking with everyone, something he would absolutely do, or if the 49ers are going to make the transition to Kaepernick sooner rather than later. Alex Smith can be let go after this year at no cost and they did move up in the draft last year to draft Kaepernick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I'm not sure if Harbaugh is just fucking with everyone, something he would absolutely do, or if the 49ers are going to make the transition to Kaepernick sooner rather than later. Alex Smith can be let go after this year at no cost and they did move up in the draft last year to draft Kaepernick.
    Alex Smith was a FA for a while in preseason. Maybe so.

Also you mentioned liking the Real Rob Report. That stuff is great. You don't see teams doing that in the NFL that much. I also watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31kWCeRwIT4 which is really great breakdowns of the Seattle offense / defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty clear Alex Smith has already capped on his potential, he's only a good clock manager, that's really it. I doubt Kaepernick will be the franchise QB they're looking for, but seems to potentially be the better option.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-11-22 at 10:26 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Definitely don't agree with the choice. Smith isn't all that special, but he doesn't make many mistakes and he has a defense that keep other teams pacified. I think Kaepernick had a good game against a team that played absolutely flat, and this next week will illustrate that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Definitely don't agree with the choice. Smith isn't all that special, but he doesn't make many mistakes and he has a defense that keep other teams pacified. I think Kaepernick had a good game against a team that played absolutely flat, and this next week will illustrate that.
    I agree, I think they should just play out Smith for the season. Then again I was saying that we should play Flynn through the season.

But who knows. Harbaugh was a QB himself. Maybe he sees something in the kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sure hope these people are just talking out of their ass, but this is the dumbest idea I've heard in awhile http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--di...212235294.html

On that note, why don't we just get rid of kickers altogether? They're already useless on kickoffs, because even the most mediocre pro kicker can score 90% touchbacks with the new "safety" rules. Next to go? Punting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I sure hope these people are just talking out of their ass, but this is the dumbest idea I've heard in awhile http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--di...212235294.html

On that note, why don't we just get rid of kickers altogether? They're already useless on kickoffs, because even the most mediocre pro kicker can score 90% touchbacks with the new "safety" rules. Next to go? Punting.
    Forcing teams to do 2 point conversions would be quite entertaining. I always wanted one coach to just be so out there that he said fuck it, always going for 2 even in the first quarter. Since if you could get even like a 65% success rate on them that would put a lot of pressure on the other team to have to score more than they should need to. With the short leash NFL coaches have I however never see it happening until they get some job security, only somebody like Bill Belichick could pull it off and not get insta-fired.

Detroit how you make me so sad, they had me believing they might actually beat the Packers and they fall apart. Im glad Im not actually a fan of that team. Granted mine got blown out to a backup quarterback, if anything it should show how underrated Jay Cutler really is. When he is not in the game this team turns into a complete wad of shit.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

"True, but there isn't a 300-pound man trying to hit the golfer as he putts. " BAHAHAHAHA!!! although that might actually make golf watchable...

I tend to see the author's point, though; 99.3% success rate, and the missed ones have had so little impact on anything at all, why even bother? put the point on the board, run off 3 seconds of clock, better yet make that 8 seconds and skip the kickoff and touchback to come, maybe take an extra minute timeout to sell more beer and trucks (can't believe I said that...) and get back to the game
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Im glad Im not actually a fan of that team..
    Grumble.

I'm a big fan of the no PAT. Blocks or misses are so incredibly rare that the only reason it even exists is for the 1 in 1000 chance of a fake. Put the 1 on the board and the coach can opt to go for two instead if they so desire. I'd rather see them eliminate that than kickoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    "True, but there isn't a 300-pound man trying to hit the golfer as he putts. " BAHAHAHAHA!!! although that might actually make golf watchable...

I tend to see the author's point, though; 99.3% success rate, and the missed ones have had so little impact on anything at all, why even bother? put the point on the board, run off 3 seconds of clock, better yet make that 8 seconds and skip the kickoff and touchback to come, maybe take an extra minute timeout to sell more beer and trucks (can't believe I said that...) and get back to the game
    And then there were no kickers.....

10+ Year Old Account
    No kickers would put me off the NFL entirely, removing kicking for points and forcing a run for 2 would be more entertaining, but the day Field Goals are gone I'd stop watching.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    So Colin Kaepernick is reportedly the 49ers starting QB going forward. Should be entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did no one mention that Colin Kaepernick is officially the starter for the 49ers now.
    Too pissed people are even considering getting rid of kickers.

Also, it's an NFC west thing, you'd think Vet would have said something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grumble.

I'm a big fan of the no PAT. Blocks or misses are so incredibly rare that the only reason it even exists is for the 1 in 1000 chance of a fake. Put the 1 on the board and the coach can opt to go for two instead if they so desire. I'd rather see them eliminate that than kickoffs.
    Move the placement back. Then it will get interesting.

Too pissed people are even considering getting rid of kickers.

Also, it's an NFC west thing, you'd think Vet would have said something.
    Huh? According to the entire country the NFC west consists of the 49ers. It should be all over every football news site to exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if this is still resting Alex or flat out seeing what Kaep can do. I grew up in Truckee and am a fan of UNR, and I watched him slaughter the Vandals several times up here in Idaho, so I am a Kaep fan, but was expecting to have him sit at least another year. I am excited to see what he can do though.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

15+ Year Old Account
    Well that was fun. Lions managed to beat the Texans for one quarter. Now the game is over and the streak is going to continue.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    I wonder if this is still resting Alex or flat out seeing what Kaep can do. I grew up in Truckee and am a fan of UNR, and I watched him slaughter the Vandals several times up here in Idaho, so I am a Kaep fan, but was expecting to have him sit at least another year. I am excited to see what he can do though.
    According to the guy from SI.com that broke the story, it is not a health related decision and Harbaugh is going with it based on performance.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 01:44 PM ----------

Stafford pisses me off so much sometimes. That throw to Johnson was underthrown by several yards leading to what should have been a pick. He has been doing that all year. Then the next play he does another one of his stupid sidearm throws for no reason.

Then Mike Thomas, former Jag, catches a TD. Again it was on another stupid sidearm toss, but it worked that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Houston, I have a thought. It's a wild idea, but it might just work.

Play some damn pass defense.

15+ Year Old Account
    1) Where the hell did Houston's vaunted defense go? Second week in a row they have been lit up.
    2) Holy shit Kid Rock is fucking terrible. That song started as a rip off of California Girls by the Beach Boys then transitioned into being a list of artists from Detroit. Grats Kid Rock, you managed to make No Doubt's performance opening night on NBC almost bearable. Here's an idea. Instead of getting a guy who is trying to rip off Seger and then doing it laughably bad, why not just get Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet band, or anyone that has talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno man. No Doubt's performance was an unreachable level of terrible. That was pretty bad though. Should rename himself to Kid Pop.