Apparently Tebow isn't playing because he has two broken ribs. Jets are either stuck with Sanchez or they can trot out Greg McElroy, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Apparently Tebow isn't playing because he has two broken ribs. Jets are either stuck with Sanchez or they can trot out Greg McElroy, I guess.
    I doubt Tebow really had broken ribs, otherwise he wouldn't have suited up and McElroy wouldn't have been inactive.

I mean, what would they do if Sanchez got injured? It just seems like something else is going, or maybe I'm just delusional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer52431 View Post
    I doubt Tebow really had broken ribs, otherwise he wouldn't have suited up and McElroy wouldn't have been inactive.

I mean, what would they do if Sanchez got injured? It just seems like something else is going, or maybe I'm just delusional.
    Sounds like the same thing that Pete Carroll did when the fans were asking for Matt Flynn. Though saying he has broken ribs is a bit harsh as far as bullshitting injuries goes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    I'd love for them to put McElroy out there for a game. Then that fucking idiot could get just absolutely obliterated by a free blitzer his terrible O-line missed and spend the entire game on his back as his talentless receivers don't open up throwing windows. That guy has been a complete douche for the Jets for all the comments he has made since his rookie year despite not being even close to good enough to usurp the terrible Sanchize or Tebow on the depth chart.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Killer52431 View Post

Maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing. Maybe one of the Jets positional players who would have to be an emergency QB is better than their current QBs just like Cromartie is actually their second best receiver lol.

I have my own system for measuring NFL teams. The question I ask is "how inefficient do they make opposing offenses?" The way to measure that is to ask how many yards they force the other team to gain to score. The mathematical formula is "yards per point" or total yards allowed divided by points allowed.

Over the years, the key benchmark has been 20 yards per point allowed, or yppa. A good number of teams above 20 yppa win the Super Bowl. It doesn't always happen. But its a great measure to help separate clubs.

Right now, only one NFL team is above 20 yppa. The 49ers. They've allowed the fewest points in the NFL at 134. They've give up 2772 yards on the season. 2772/134 = 20.69.

Teams that win their conference's #1 seed that own a yppa over 20 pretty much always win the Super Bowl. That's the only bad news for the 49ers, as they currently have the #2 seed at 7-2-1. The Falcons are the top seed at 9-1. Maybe its playing that road playoff game that undoes them. Or the inability to win the #1 seed with a defense that good points to other problems (in the case of the 49ers - quarterback)

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, the sprinklers just came on in the middle of the game at Miami.

Funniest shit I've ever seen.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seachickens are tied with Dolphins they must be playing on the road >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Seachickens are tied with Dolphins they must be playing on the road >.>
    Yeah and the offense didn't cost us the game this time. Defense played like shit.

That Earl Thomas roughing the passer penalty will be talked about forever now. It was a good call though, even though its physically impossible for Thomas to stop with that speed mid air, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    a lot of teams dropped to 6-5, good chance for the Saints to pull even with them

but they already made Alex Smith look like Steve Young with some horrible D, so hopefully they don't repeat the feat with Kaepernick, maybe if they both play the Saints can make them look like Montana & Young, but hopefully the defense isn't that bad again

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Haha, the sprinklers just came on in the middle of the game at Miami.

Funniest shit I've ever seen.
    I can not wait to see a video of that lol.

Of the Hawks 5 losses, 3 of them have been blown 4th quarter leads against Arizona, Detroit, and now Miami. 4th time if you include the Green Bay game in which they blew a 4th quarter lead but won. For a team that is lead by their defense, they sure do have a tendency to disappear late during road games.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 04:44 PM ----------

Found a video of the sprinklers. Hilarious

Mad props to the Colts cheerleaders who shaved their heads for Pagano. Its one thing for guys to do it, but for women whose entire jobs is based on good looks, that is way tougher.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-25 at 09:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The defense has disappeared the past 2 road games... Offense is really clicking now. Russell Wilson is really stepping up and showing hes just as good if not better than RG3 or Luck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Refs missed a head hit on Kaepernick a second ago after the play. On that roll out run play where Jordan hit Kaepernick from behind and the ball popped out, Will Smith walked right by Kaepernick and gave him a shot to the back of the helmet as he was laying on the ground.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 05:22 PM ----------

The 49ers have so much trouble fielding punts. Why the fuck would Ginn not call a fair catch considering the Saints gunner was literally standing a yard from him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, Randy Moss is chewing out Kaepernick, who didn't see that coming?

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently Russell Wilson's 16 consecutive passes broke a rookie NFL record, even across games.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 03:40 PM ----------

Browner and Sherman suspended 4 games for substance abuse.

Seasons over.

15+ Year Old Account
    So apparently Russell Wilson's 16 consecutive passes broke a rookie NFL record, even across games.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 03:40 PM ----------

Browner and Sherman suspended 4 games for substance abuse.

Seasons over.
    What the fuck?!

Good to see the SF/NO officiating crew rules questionable plays on whether the receiver was down or not exactly the opposite of how the Lions crew did. The SF receiver wasn't down, not even close, but they called him down and ended a play that would have been huge. You know what would be super? If all the officiating crews ruled on the same set of standards. If a play is close, let it go and let replay fix it.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-25 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Baltimore have finally woken up in the 4th Quarter.

Anyone who's looking for something to watch might enjoy the last 4 mins of this, 10-13 to the Chargers.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    What the fuck?!

Good to see the SF/NO officiating crew rules questionable plays on whether the receiver was down or not exactly the opposite of how the Lions crew did. The SF receiver wasn't down, not even close, but they called him down and ended a play that would have been huge. You know what would be super? If all the officiating crews ruled on the same set of standards. If a play is close, let it go and let replay fix it.
    https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/...49159491567616

Now its confirmed from the NFL.

If it does happen, Thurmond and Maxwell will start, maybe Jeremy Lane but hes good on special teams. Trufant will probably stay nickle. Thurmond is supposed to be good, but seems like we are nursing his injury (broken leg, re-broken at the start of offseason) coming off PUP.

On the season is fucked meter, I'd say 9/10 fucked hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Looks like Baltimore have finally woken up in the 4th Quarter.

Anyone who's looking for something to watch might enjoy the last 4 mins of this, 10-13 to the Chargers.
    1st offensive touchdown in 8 quarters. Lol. Joe Flacco sure is an elite top 10 NFL QB huh Ron Jaworski? My wish list for the Ravens is basically three things:
    1) Fire Cam Cameron the one of the worst OCoords in the NFL
    2) replace Joe Flacco with a real QB although that might not be necessary if they had a better offensive coordinator
    3) Clone Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, speed up their clone development so they are both roughly 25 year olds next year.

The 49ers play calling is pretty atrocious at points in this game. An interior run there on 3rd and goal and then a couple other runs on 3rd down because they are playing the Alex Smith risk aversion strategy is meh when your QB has been making plays all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that's the gutsiest and most impressive 4th down (4th and 29) I think I've ever seen. Hell of a run from Ray Rice.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    On the season is fucked meter, I'd say 9/10 fucked hard.
    Well, time to take the shackles of Russ and let him go nuts since they are probably going to have to out score people now. The only real passing team they face in the next four weeks is Chicago though and they are literally a one man passing game so that is beneficial. They play Arizona which should be a win. Then Buffalo on the road but who knows which Bills team shows up, the one that can drop 40 or the one that got beat by an Indy team that has no passing defense at all today. San Fran at home is a toss up.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 07:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    I think that's the gutsiest and most impressive 4th down (4th and 29) I think I've ever seen. Hell of a run from Ray Rice.
    Would be nice if CBS was playing a 2nd game today instead of 60 minutes.