10+ Year Old Account
    what a gross game, and I see Newton is leading the team in rushing as usual

I don't think Stewart & Williams are on pace to reach 1000 yards combined, and Tolbert hasn't amounted to anything, for all the money they're giving those three its no wonder their GM is out of work

15+ Year Old Account
    So Arizona plays the Jets this week. If they lose they become the first team to ever lose 8 in a row after winning their first 4 (they became the first seven loss team last week). Since their last win, the Diamondbacks have actually won a game (Oct 2 for the Backs, Sept 30 for the Cards). So my question is, who wins a game first, the Cardinals or the Phoenix Coyotes? The Cards play @Jets this week then finish the year @Seattle, Detroit, Chicago, and @SF. Which one of those games is even a potential win except for the Jets? For the Yotes to win a game, the lockout needs to end which could happen soon or next year lol.

I think I am taking the Yotes.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 11:27 AM ----------

The whining about Jamal Charles asking Manning for an autograph following the game this weekend is getting absurd. This happens all the damn time. Lets stop this pretend time that every player in the league needs to be bloodsworn enemies with every other team's players. Its a joke. That is how the fans are, not how the players are. Its the same thing as LeBron and Durant working out together in the summer and being good friends off the court. BFD. These feuds are between irrational fans, not the players (with some exceptions).
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-27 at 12:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not overly fond of it in a divisional game, those are supposed to have some actual rivalry, asking for an autograph from somebody you play twice a year would be silly but Manning is new in the division and the Chiefs are too awful for anyone to consider them a rival

10+ Year Old Account
    Yahoo Sports Link

"It wasn't my fault. I accidently ingested that Adderall ... the same day I had a random pee test."

Yes, that's right. Sherman says he accidently drank from a teammates bottle that had a crushed Adderall pill in it. Browner implies some type of sample switch.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Yahoo Sports Link

"It wasn't my fault. I accidently ingested that Adderall ... the same day I had a random pee test."

Yes, that's right. Sherman says he accidently drank from a teammates bottle that had a crushed Adderall pill in it. Browner implies some type of sample switch.
    Ya the only reason they are appealing this is to play in the Chicago game lol. That is it. Basically appeal, delay for a week, and trade Chicago for St Louis or whatever shit team they play in week 17.

what I want to know when are Eagles finally gonna pull the trigger on Andy Reid and also forever injured Vick? Also DE Babin was cut by Eagles today, that will surely fix their defense... not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Yahoo Sports Link

Oh well, thats a crock of shit.

God damn it. They should of just said "yo, I need this shit for ADHD"

Seasons over anyway, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    what I want to know when are Eagles finally gonna pull the trigger on Andy Reid and also forever injured Vick? Also DE Babin was cut by Eagles today, that will surely fix their defense... not
    The end of the year. I expect Reid is going to step down not get fired and Vick will be released during that time period where they can release him at no financial cost. They aren't going to do either one of those things before then since Reid has a lot of clout still with that organization and fans nationally and they can't release Vick mid-season.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 04:07 PM ----------

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...t-week-12-news

That article has an amazing set of stats in it about QBs taking sacks that damaged a teams field goal range or knocked them out of it completely on 3rd down. He was looking to see where Stafford ranked after taking two field goal killing sacks in a row on Thursday to kill the Lions chances of victory. Turns out those were his first two of his career. The worst QBs between 2000 and today were Ben Reothlisberger and Sam Bradford. Sam is sacked on 15.6% of his drop backs between the 25 and 36 on third down. Ben Roethlisberger has been sacked on 17.2%. That is pretty absurd for someone that is so lauded for his escapability.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-27 at 09:07 PM.

I wonder if SD will make the move on getting Reid.

Nah, who am I kidding. They'll give Norv Turner a new contract.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I wonder if SD will make the move on getting Reid.

Nah, who am I kidding. They'll give Norv Turner a new contract.
    If the Chargers extend Norv and Smith again, I will be completely convinced they are tanking to scare off fans to move to LA.

10+ Year Old Account
    they could keep getting rid of people until they are magically better, the Marlins keep trying it, maybe it will work

15+ Year Old Account
    Somehow I missed the Babin part of your post when I responded earlier. WTF? Why would they cut ties with Babin right now. He obviously hasn't been as good as last year, but he hasn't been awful. Doesn't sound like it was a player request either. Must have some kind of bonus or kicker at the end of the season from that new contract he signed last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    So who does everyone think Jim Harbaugh is going to announce as the starter for the Rams on Sunday?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    So who does everyone think Jim Harbaugh is going to announce as the starter for the Rams on Sunday?
    If it isn't Kaepernick I will be surprised. The 49ers just look like a better team with him as the QB. They actually have a QB who has the ability to make throws down the field to their speed guys like Manningham. The amount of teams that have won a Super Bowl in the last 10 years on the back of a run heavy offense is zero. ZERO. Pittsburgh couldn't get over the hump until Big Ben started chucking the ball around. He made all the big plays in both Super Bowl wins, not the running game. The Giants were terrible at running the ball outside of grinding clock at the end of games and Eli made all their big plays. New England, Indy, New Orleans, and Green Bay all either had non-existent rushing games or limited rushing games.

To win a Super Bowl you need a quarterback who can make big plays when you need him to by throwing the ball. Eli, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Ben, Brees. They all have that. Alex Smith doesn't. Kaepernick at least appears to have that ability. Plus, San Fran has the benefit of a great running game that most of those other explosive offenses don't allowing them to eat clock and convert on short downs without throwing. That is a fantastic complimentary piece to an offense but it absolutely can not be the primary part of your offense in the modern NFL. It just doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    New England, Indy, New Orleans, and Green Bay all either had non-existent rushing games or limited rushing games.
    In 2004, the Patriots had the 7th best rushing offense. In 2001, 13th. 2003 is the only year where the Pats had a "non-existent or limited rushing game" but they had a highly effective third down back in Kevin Faulk. To say New England had no run game in their championship years is ridiculous.

I do agree that to win the Superbowl, you need a competent QB who can make big plays. It's why I felt that 2006 was going to whoever won out of the AFC Championship game. 2000 Ravens are probably the only exception in the new century.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    In 2004, the Patriots had the 7th best rushing offense. In 2001, 13th. 2003 is the only year where the Pats had a "non-existent or limited rushing game" but they had a highly effective third down back in Kevin Faulk. To say New England had no run game in their championship years is ridiculous.

I do agree that to win the Superbowl, you need a competent QB who can make big plays. It's why I felt that 2006 was going to whoever won out of the AFC Championship game. 2000 Ravens are probably the only exception in the new century.
    In my defense I did say 10 years, so that disqualifies the 2001 team, so HA! But you are correct about the 2004 Pats. The 2008 Giants also finished 4th in the league in yards, but I stand by my point that they didn't win by running.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Jim picked Kaepernick to start the rams game.

Not really surprised. I am however surprised that I support this guy for how much I supported Alex Smith in the offseason.

15+ Year Old Account
    So Suh got fined 30 large for a play the NFL already deemed unintentional. Makes sense, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Superbowl Saints were 6th in rushing, they wouldn't have started 13-0 otherwise, but you are correct in that they had the ability to overcome good run defenses by going to the short passing game, they've been great at running screens the last 5 years, maybe better than anybody else, they lost that in 2010 but got it back with Sproles, they did a good job overcoming the 49ers run D with short passes to Sproles they just couldn't overcome 5 turnovers and a porous defense

to assert a limited or non-existent run game is incorrect, I would be likelier in this case to point to the Superbowl team as having a great running game and the also-ran Saints as having poor running games, but it is a long time since the days of Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson as Superbowl winning QBs which I think was your point anyway

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, you people really need to stop using facts to poke holes in my made up nonsense trends.