Deleted
    Never commented or looked at this thread, but I watch American football a lot, just heard about the Kansas City Chief's player. Horrible thing to have happened, R.I.P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking hell, that's just awful. Can't even begin to find words for this, wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers game gets called off.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure whose decision it is, but I figure the game will still be played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'm not sure whose decision it is, but I figure the game will still be played.
    So far the Panthers have been advised to travel as if the game is still on, but I'll be amazed if the Chiefs are able to focus, let alone how Crennel is expected to coach the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    So far the Panthers have been advised to travel as if the game is still on, but I'll be amazed if the Chiefs are able to focus, let alone how Crennel is expected to coach the game.
    Well, I mean, it's the Chiefs. Nobody will notice a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely awful. Also, as far as I know, Belcher and his girlfriend had a 2-3 month old child.

Surreal.

10+ Year Old Account
    By coincidence, the Redskins this weekend play their first game since the 5 year mark of Sean Taylor's death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Absolutely awful. Also, as far as I know, Belcher and his girlfriend had a 2-3 month old child.

Surreal.
    A also read his girlfriends mom was there when it happened as well.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 01:14 PM ----------

Hmm they do confirm they are playing tomorrow. Surprising.

Word is he drove to the facility and all he did was thank the coach and GM for giving him an opportunity before killing himself. One has to wonder if that was his plan all along or if his conscience got the better of him on the way over and he decided he couldnt live with himself anymore. Not that mad men ever make rational sense but to drive all the way down there to throw a few thank yous out before ending your life doesnt really fit.

This is crazy. I could not believe what I was reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Word is he drove to the facility and all he did was thank the coach and GM for giving him an opportunity before killing himself. One has to wonder if that was his plan all along or if his conscience got the better of him on the way over and he decided he couldnt live with himself anymore. Not that mad men ever make rational sense but to drive all the way down there to throw a few thank yous out before ending your life doesnt really fit.
    It has a feel of it being planned, but such behavior is extremely against nature of all species on this planet, the desire for survival generally outweighs anything. It leaves me with the feeling that something psychological was really wrong with him.

All things said, it seems insane to play this game right now, you have members of the coaching staff who witnessed the act and had many people at the facility during the events. Real life outweighs football and even if it was postponed for just a day i feel it would be for the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

15+ Year Old Account
    Dear Detroit Lions,

The season is over. Stop trying. Tank. Tank. Tank. Get us a high ranked CB or even better a tackle. Seriously, this is the only way you can improve the team since the payroll is being raped by Stafford and Suh's rookie deals and the record contract you had to give Megatron after his enormous rookie contract. Also, please contact Nike and have them redesign the paneling on the jerseys so that they don't look so completely awful when they get even slightly wet.

The NFL is a money hungry business. People will be watching this game just because of this event. The NFL will give you the "It's a logistical nightmare if the game is postponsed" BS. They have already taken over Thursday nights. It is no longer an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greg McElroy just threw TD pass after Sanchez threw three picks. That's what I'm talking about.

Watching Green Bay/Minnesota. It's pretty bad how terrible Green Bay's run defense is, but it's hi-larious how bad Christian Ponder is.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Greg McElroy just threw TD pass after Sanchez threw three picks. That's what I'm talking about.

Watching Green Bay/Minnesota. It's pretty bad how terrible Green Bay's run defense is, but it's hi-larious how bad Christian Ponder is.
    They should have made the change weeks ago but didn't want to hurt Sanchez's ego pff who cares if the 49'ers can do it to a non struggling QB Jets should have done it to probably the worst QB in the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russell fuckin Wilson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Dear Detroit Lions,

The season is over. Stop trying. Tank. Tank. Tank. Get us a high ranked CB or even better a tackle. Seriously, this is the only way you can improve the team since the payroll is being raped by Stafford and Suh's rookie deals and the record contract you had to give Megatron after his enormous rookie contract. Also, please contact Nike and have them redesign the paneling on the jerseys so that they don't look so completely awful when they get even slightly wet.
    Well you got your wish.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the 49ers and Rams end in another tie that would be just the most amazing thing ever.

Wilson led the Hawks on drives of 94, 97 and 80 today for TDs. Insane.

Luck just drove the Colts down twice to score in the last five minutes scoring with 0 seconds on the clock on a little flip pass to a wide open receiver who ran in from 10 yards out. Somehow not a single Lion managed to get in front of the guy and tackle him. Pretty happy about that. Here is an idea Indy, let Luck do the play calling ALL GAME. He did it the last two drives out of the Manning hurry up, adjust at line scheme and destroyed the Lions.

The crop of rookie QBs this year, outside of Weeden, are damn good.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 04:36 PM ----------

Oh ya and Calvin Johnson is now within striking distance of Jerry Rice's record for most yards in a season. Needs 420 yards over the next 4 games to reach 1848.

Peterson moves to 1446 rushing yards on the year, second highest season of his career with FOUR games to go. Should easily get to 2,000 combined yards.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-02 at 09:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Though I know it's only the Jaguars... OH LOOK WE ONLY THREW IT 17 TIMES AND GOT 34 POINTS. Spiller still didn't get enough touches though, but whatever.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    a lot of ugly looking box scores

wish I'd watched the Seattle game though, that looked like another fun one