I guess the NFL is content that the Saints season is crap and can let it slide now
The MNF game this week is the Jets/Titans. The TNF game is the Bengals/Eagles. Holy unwatchable football Batman!
I saw this yesterday but I haven't had the time to post until now.
A Ravens insider from another site had this to say about Cam Camerons' firing.
- Apparently, Caldwell was the one who put together the offensive gameplan for the week 1 game against Cincinnati, not Cameron. He suggested it and Cam ran with it; after that, Cameron hasn't really taken any input from Caldwell since. (this is basically what happened to Zorn)
- Flacco audibled to a run directly into a run blitz. Harbaugh asked him WTF was that when he came off the field and Flacco told him it was a designed audible. Harbaugh was pissed to find out that Cameron was now designing audbiles.
- Flacco's agent called Ozzie after the first Pittsburgh game and told Ozzie that Joe can't play with that type of play calling and would rather not do a deal. Ozzie told him that this was Cam's last year but they agreed to take a wait and see approach.
- the 'mutiny' reported on a few weeks ago (after the Houston game) wasn't started by Harbaugh wanting the players in full pads for practice. The whole meeting centered around Cam Cameron and he (Harbaugh) was shocked to find that so many players on both sides of the ball disliked Cam and his play calling.
- the team is basically playing for Harbaugh's job now. He has the rest of the season and the playoffs to get the team playing better. Biciotti wanted to clean house with the coaching staff. If the season ended this week, Harbaugh would have been gone.
I dont know why, but I really like Leslie, I just hope he doesnt blow his carreer in Minnesota because he's too attached to Christian just like Childress did with T-jack.
Kolb to the IR and Lindley is starting for Cards.
Something I found interesting.
---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 01:09 PM ----------
John Schneider said he had 2 players that he MUST have and got. They are Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson. He was seeking Lynch back when he was in GB and nagged Buffalo for 8-9 weeks before finally getting them to trade.
Thought this was interesting
On "CBS This Morning," DeMaurice Smith, NFL Players Association executive director, disagreed with the ruling and said there is no evidence that bounties ever existed. He said, "Having seen nearly 50,000 pages of evidence and nearly 20 hours of testimony, I know that there was no bounty put on players by Saints players."
He also said, "I'm disappointed in the National Football League and certainly in the way they conducted an investigation because I now know having read and seen all of the testimony that there was certainly no evidence that the bounties existed and frankly, I was a prosecutor in [Washington, D.C.] for 10 years. I understand how to do investigations. And the investigation that the league did was sloppy, the investigation that they did was more outcome-focused than frankly process-focused."
I will accept this if it comes with one caveat. The best 14-16 teams get in regardless of conference with division winners getting a guaranteed spot. None of the bullshit like the NBA where the West will have 12 teams that have better records than the Easts 7th seed.
The only way I see them extending the playoffs working is if they go through with what they want to do and add a bunch more teams. Which then preseason would get cut to 2 games and the season extended to 18 games. I still hate that idea though.