Suicide watch for Pend?

Its amazing they have maintained the quality of play, last week was a bit one sided. Best football day in a while in reguards to quality games.

Fox seems more zoomed in than cbs, think i like the long view better

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got home ... awesome first game. Easily one of the best games in Ravens' history. Unfortunately, I missed most of the 2nd game so far. \=
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I love Dierdorf going on and on about how Baltimore runs the same play nearly every single first down. 1st and 10? Draw right into the line for one yard.
    I was starting to think they brought back Cam Cameron for a minute. Only thing that annoyed me more was Cary Williams constantly staring off into space.

EDIT: Daaamn. Kaepirnick just broke off a 50+ yard TD.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Has there ever been a QB in the playoffs to have over 150 yards in rushing/passing and at least 2 TD's in those same categories? I'm eating my shoe right now over the "Alex Smith should be the starter" feelings I've had.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Flacco made some pretty impressive passes
    Yeeeaaaaaaa not really. I counted only one impressive throw on his part the whole game. Denver's secondary was on another planet for about half the game; Flacco had so many wide open windows I'm surprised he didn't throw for two more TD's. I gotta give credit to the first interception since that was typical Ravens-style defense play, but that game was lost by a combination of Denver's secondary and Fox coaching as conservative as possible.

I hope you will all excuse me but as a Baltimoron I must say
    THE RAVENS RULE THE ROOST AND IF YOU AIN'T DOWN WITH THAT, I GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA

SUCK IT!.

On of the best games for me all year, but I like the white knuckle sort of games.

Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. And as a Sidenote I honestly give all my thanks to the broncos and their fans. That was a fantastic game that would never have been possible without you, thank you from the bottom of this ravens fans heart. Wn loose or draw, that was a GAME and I just count myself lucky that my team did come out on top. I still love you guys in denver!
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Im glad Road Dogg is now posting on this forum

10+ Year Old Account
    So if you murder someone (and throw your murder-buddies under the bus while you're at it) you deserve a superbowl victory, eh? Well, I guess he already had one since, plus superbowl MVP. Sorry, but the man should have been in prison for the past 13 years, he's already gotten way more than he deserved. I strongly detest the Ravens solely because he is the face of their franchise and everyone loves him. He's a great player and leader, I won't argue that, but he's still a piece of shit.

Anyways, the Ravens did indeed play better, Flacco made some pretty impressive passes, which he's going to need to repeat to get past New England assuming they win tomorrow. The final intercept was 100% on Peyton but really the loss can't be blamed on him...and at that, the Broncos should have won before it even went to overtime. Was still a good, close game.

As for the GB SF game, I must admit I'm impressed with Kaepernik, he seems a bit cocky, but he's making some great plays....he's run it in for 2 TDs already, the man really does give it all he's got.
    Wow, bitter much?

I guess you don't bother letting things like facts get in the way of your opinions.

Kind of like how he didn't even really know the guys that (probably) did it ('friend of friends' that he stupidly brought with them). Or the fact that the DA held him for several days without even charging him with anything. He didn't have enough evidence to know who did it, so he ends up having, not one, but three separate trials ... at the same time; one for Lewis and one each for the other 2 guys that were suspected of the murder. Each men were being charged as if they were the sole murderer's in the case; not accomplices. (I still don't understand how that shit is even legal) Strangely, the DA lost all 3 cases.

I definitely think he should have spent some time in jail though. Ray's biggest mistakes were 1) leaving the scene of a crime and, 2) not telling the police everything he knew immediately. Sadly, I don't even think he was charged with either of those crimes. Another awesome move by a DA that looked like he was trying to make a name for himself.

Ray learned two lessons the hard way. Lessons that a ridiculous number of athletes now-a-day's refuse to learn.

1) If you have 'shady friends' before you get rich/famous, you had better lose them after you get rich/famous. Pretty sure that 'taking care of your boys' has never ended well for anyone in sports.

2) When you're rich/famous, you shouldn't be hanging with people you don't even know. It's crazy the number of these guys that run around with groups of people that they barely know. "Oh, he knows so-and-so ... he's cool." They even pick up the tab for these fools. Yet they continue to let these hanging-on-your-coattail types leach off of them ... and continue to act surprised when their name ends up in the news when these people end up doing dumb shit.

EDIT: Holy balls. I'm wasting all of this time typing and San Fran is busy putting up 45 points on GB. O.o
    Last edited by Elbren; 2013-01-13 at 04:30 AM.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Im glad Road Dogg is now posting on this forum
    Oh it's me, it's me, it's the D O double G.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ew, just thought of something.

I absolutely love my Ravens ... but if I have to watch a Harbaugh/Harbaugh Superbowl, I think I'm gonna puke.

God, I can't stand either one of those guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Yeeeaaaaaaa not really. I counted only one impressive throw on his part the whole game. Denver's secondary was on another planet for about half the game; Flacco had so many wide open windows I'm surprised he didn't throw for two more TD's. I gotta give credit to the first interception since that was typical Ravens-style defense play, but that game was lost by a combination of Denver's secondary and Fox coaching as conservative as possible.
    The clock management, taking the ball out of your hall of fame QB's hand, and the terrible play by the Bronco's secondary totally pissed me off. That game should have been done in the 4th Quarter. Instead they run it 3x and then kick it. Made me so damn sick.

That's not to take anything away from the Raven's defense. They showed up to play and did their job.
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2013-01-13 at 04:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Ew, just thought of something.

I absolutely love my Ravens ... but if I have to watch a Harbaugh/Harbaugh Superbowl, I think I'm gonna puke.

God, I can't stand either one of those guys.
    John is tolerable.

And GB's D did a great job making SF look high powered. Obviously not even prepared for read option.

i dont understand why baltimore just didnt chuck it long every play, they were catching everything and denver had no answer but a slew of short over the middle passes when they were on offense. It shouldve been a blowout in the ravens favor and they eeked by.

These were the games i was hoping for last week. Last week was honestly a total letdown. Today alone has made up for it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

I'm pleased Kaepernick won, and by a good amount for the 49ers. The game was a bit more boring than the 49ers vs Saints last year, but atleast it's not a game where it went down to the wire, so I could watch the game without raging.

Dunno why people do not like Jim Harbaugh. Opinions I guess. I like Jim/John, but I hate Tom Coughlin and Bill Bellichick... oh tack Sean Peyton in there too.

Tebow - 1
    Manning - 0

I didint like the qb change in sf but kappernick is throwing fast balls and moving like a prime vick. I especially liked how his interview went, gave his line credit and sounded real.

Glad the packers lost, never seen such a whiney bunch after getting so many calls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Tebow - 1
    Manning - 0

I didint like the qb change in sf but kappernick is throwing fast balls and moving like a prime vick. I especially liked how his interview went, gave his line credit and sounded real.

Glad the packers lost, never seen such a whiney bunch after getting so many calls.
    Initially I thought the QB change was ballsy and unnecessary, but hes given them a boost to teams that are unprepared for zone read + he can throw a really good ball. Plus hes cocky and plays with a chip on his shoulder. I like that.

I still think Flaccid is garbage though. That hasn't changed.

Uncanny similarities - http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...er_nfln_videos

10+ Year Old Account
    I woke up in time for the second half of the Baltimore / Denver game, that was insane, and I am glad the Ravens won, because they are my second favorite team, but I really don't like the prospect of having to root for them or the Niners in the SB, the Niners have always been my number one, but I really want Ray Lewis to go out with a victory.

Then I watched the Niners game while having several friends over, that was intense for awhile, then Kaep made the Packers defense look like Idaho's back when he was playing in Nevada. I am stoked that Harbaugh made the change, and never doubted it for a moment. This game should be making the media eat their words.

@ the Harbaugh hate, I love that they are coaching my favorite teams, because they do bring a competitive attitude to the teams. However; I know that they are douchebags, but I like them being the leaders of teams that I like. I know that Pete Caroll and Jim Harbaugh share some traits, I hate PC with the fury of a thousand suns, because of that same vibe that Jim gives off and to cap it all, he coached at USC. I primarily like Jim because he is winning, and bringing a chippy attitude to the Niners, one that is becoming prevalent in the NFCW
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    So if you murder someone (and throw your murder-buddies under the bus while you're at it) you deserve a superbowl victory, eh? Well, I guess he already had one since, plus superbowl MVP. Sorry, but the man should have been in prison for the past 13 years, he's already gotten way more than he deserved. I strongly detest the Ravens solely because he is the face of their franchise and everyone loves him. He's a great player and leader, I won't argue that, but he's still a piece of shit.
    I'm confused. What's this all about?
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Suicide watch for Pend?
    Now I'm more confused. I doze off at the end of the game (unrelated to the game itself), and people are saying things. What's going on? Did I wake up in some alternate universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    I hope you will all excuse me but as a Baltimoron I must say
    THE RAVENS RULE THE ROOST AND IF YOU AIN'T DOWN WITH THAT, I GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA

SUCK IT!.

On of the best games for me all year, but I like the white knuckle sort of games.

Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. And as a Sidenote I honestly give all my thanks to the broncos and their fans. That was a fantastic game that would never have been possible without you, thank you from the bottom of this ravens fans heart. Wn loose or draw, that was a GAME and I just count myself lucky that my team did come out on top. I still love you guys in denver!
    All I can say is, why Broncos, why??? Yeah GG though Ravens, you deserved the win. As a Colorado native living in Vancouver I'm starting to dread my teams making the playoffs (Canucks...Broncos...wtf).

Broncos defense was ....disappointing. Our corners got burned repeatedly (damn, champ! 14 points and really could have been 21, also I thought tracy porter would have been back by now?) and our safeties were out of position multiple times. Manning hadn't made so many bad decisions and throws since the Atlanta game early in the season, imo. I wasn't a big fan of a lot of the play calling on O or D this game as well, and even our kicker joined the choke party. Also, really can't say how much not having Moreno for most of the game hurt us. McGahee has been out forever, and even though Hillman did pick it up and play his most solid game of the year, he's not a power runner. Really can't trust him on 3rd and shorts.

Only bright spot for the Broncos was Holliday and the special teams, outside of the missed FG.

Oh well, guess I'll have time to get ready for the Canucks to set up another historic playoff run..... =/
    Last edited by Zao11; 2013-01-13 at 08:39 AM.

Looking at the way Ray is now, you would KNOW he couldn't live with the weight of murdering somebody. He made some poor choices that day, but he didn't kill anybody. Give it up already. Everybody makes mistakes. And even if he had been involved, that is a changed man. You won't find a more better leader or a better motivator, and all around good person.

Back to the football, I'm still in awe of that Ravens-Broncos game. I'm a Ravens fan, and even I wasn't sure about that game until the end. For a team to pull together after those special teams failures, and still be in the game just boggles my mind. A true testament to resilience and teamwork. A lesser team with lesser leaders would've given up.

As far as 9ers-Packers go, I'm pretty surprised with the score. Didn't get a chance to watch the game myself, but after reading the recaps and whatnot, I can say I'm beginning to believe in Kaepernick. Wasn't completely sold on him, even with his regular season success. Keeping up with Aaron Rodgers is pretty impressive.

Deleted
    Wtf happened to the Packers defence? Everytime Kaepernick ran the option ball, they just couldn't stop him?

That Raven/Broncos game was a joke, both team deserve to loose.
    It's just look that none of them wanted to win, then out of nowhere Flacco throw a 70 yards bomb.
    2 touchdown with returning kick ? One moment I was thinking that I was watching a CFL game

My guess the Denver coaching staff will have to answer some questions on how to fuck up 2 the last two minutes.