10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    You can't say "well they lost so it was a bad choice". Either it's a good decision or it's a bad decision. Sometimes risks don't work out. This time it didn't work out.
    I said it was a terrible decision before too. They were in manageable FG range even for Longwell. Atlanta scored after the turnover. It was terrible then, terrible now.

Oh well its over. NE/Texans game already getting off to an exciting start.

My favorite part of that game

Quote Originally Posted by Dmchomerun View Post
    What did they do the previous week in Washington when they were down 14-0? They took the three points. Although the field goal wasn't the difference of the game vs. Washington, it still gives the team momentum, it gives the offense momentum; whereas, you go for it on fourth down and get stuffed, then the other team takes the ball down the field 80 yards or whatever the distance was and scores a touchdown... On the same play, the offensive line was unable to hear Wilson make a change before the snap and some assignment was missed on the play. Oh well... everyone has their own opinion, but I think at that point in the game, Seattle needed to just gain some kind of momentum, and the best opportunity for that was a field goal.
    Difference is Seattle is a much better team than Washington. Even without the homefield advantage, Seattle just had to play its normal game and avoid mistakes to win that game. You take the 3 points in that situation. When you're an underdog? You take a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali
    I said it was a terrible decision before too. They were in manageable FG range even for Longwell. Atlanta scored after the turnover. It was terrible then, terrible now.
    Seattle has one of the best running games in the league. If you're just playing the odds, going for it on 4th and 1 is better than taking a field goal most of the time. It just didn't work out this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Gronk hurt that arm again. Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Coach Caroll is so fired. What an idiot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Coach Caroll is so fired. What an idiot.
    Def. The owner needs to replace him with Norv Turner.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frunken View Post
    Def. The owner needs to replace him with Norv Turner.
    I hope your joking Norv took a 2 loss team and has made them worse and worse every season since he was with the Chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    I hope your joking Norv took a 2 loss team and has made them worse and worse every season since he was with the Chargers.
    Pretty sure it was a joke. Pete Carroll has done really well and all the available coaches are shit (hence the Norv Turner joke).

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Here is why Pete was pissed after calling the time out to ice the kicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    the odds of there being a superbowl that I'd be willing to watch are dwindling

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/...14671369728000
    Per source, Rob Gronkowski is done for the rest of the postseason. Re-injured forearm and needs another surgery.
    Not good for the Patriots.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I'm going to be 2-2 this week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer52431 View Post
    Not good for the Patriots.
    Tell that to the team they have rang 31 (or is it all 38) points up on without Gronk even though they are a "good" defense. Fuck Gronk. They got Tommy Uggs.

Man I am super torn on who to root for next week. I love Brady, but Ray Lewis is like one of my top 3 favorite players in the NFL for the last decade (he is being replaced by DangeRuss Wilson after this year which makes it 3 QBs so I might need to expand my favorites list lol). I'd love to see Ray go out on top, but sweet damn can you even begin to imagine a Pats/49ers rematch?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Tell that to the team they have rang 31 (or is it all 38) points up on without Gronk even though they are a "good" defense. Fuck Gronk. They got Tommy Uggs.

Man I am super torn on who to root for next week. I love Brady, but Ray Lewis is like one of my top 3 favorite players in the NFL for the last decade (he is being replaced by DangeRuss Wilson after this year which makes it 3 QBs so I might need to expand my favorites list lol). I'd love to see Ray go out on top, but sweet damn can you even begin to imagine a Pats/49ers rematch?
    I kinda want a Ravens v 49ers Superbowl lol

Im pulling for a Ravens Falcons super bowl. Prob wont happen but damnt thats what I want. 49ers and Kaepernick now have all the pressure, maybe it actually gets to him this week having to play on the road and he doesnt play nearly as good as last week, cuz if he does its game over for Atlanta.

10+ Year Old Account

I want Ravens 49ers bowl and hoping the Ravens win.

Patriots wouldn't be terrible though.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Pats fan I must readily admit that I am shitting my pants for that Raven's game next week. >.< I don't remember a single game the past few years where I didn't get frustrated with the team (and the Ravens!) and the way things were going. It's going to be a close one again probably, but God I hope if we win it's at least in a more dignified way then last year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    As a Pats fan I must readily admit that I am shitting my pants for that Raven's game next week. >.< I don't remember a single game the past few years where I didn't get frustrated with the team (and the Ravens!) and the way things were going. It's going to be a close one again probably, but God I hope if we win it's at least in a more dignified way then last year.
    I was really hoping it would be Denver (even it meant playing in Denver), those games are no way near as close as the Ravens-Patriots games have been recently, the Ravens defence is probably the only defence that can really create problems for the Patriot offence. Hopefully Flacco will bring his old self and throw a bunch of inception and it will be over before it even gets started.

Oh and here's the list of super bowls i'd like to see in order of preferred superbowls first:
    Pats - 49ers
    Ravens - Falcons
    Pats - Falcons
    Ravens - 49ers (oh the horror!!!!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Hopefully Flacco will bring his old self and throw a bunch of inception and it will be over before it even gets started.
    Well if you look at what Arian Foster put up today against the Pats, both in passing game and running, then I dread Ray Rice's visit next week. Ugh, having flashbacks to 2009 playoffs when Ray Rice started with that GINORMOUS run we never recovered from. He went for a million miles that day and 2 scores. I do not like our matchups against the Ravens from that day forward.

EDIT: Just looked it up, there weren't actually that many, but they were close. OT regular season win, and the playoff win last year, and then the loss this season. Also learned that we don't actually lose to the Ravens that often, we just barely get wins. I think it is possible I'm just scarred by that 2009 game
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-01-14 at 02:05 AM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I figured Megatron would be in that list I mean he has been in the NFL now for a bit. Tony Gonzalez seems to just be money every year I don't know when that guy will ever decline in performance. DeMarcus Ware seems to be another player that is always solid to keep track of Witten of the Cowboys is a good mention as well.