15+ Year Old Account
    Have I made a prediction yet? If not, I'm going with the Purple Birds. KEEERAW. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed gonna soar one last time. 24-20.

I kinda can't wait for the season to end. Kinda bored of football plus I <3 the draft and endlessly bitching about the Lions screwing everything up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a Niners fan before a Ravens fan, I shall call a score of 28-20 San Francisco. MVP will be Michael Crabtree, and David Akers will make me fly into a frothing rage worthy of Jim Harbaugh by pulling a 36 yarder wide left.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...bourbon-street

Pretty funny, Richard Sherman talking to drunk people.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Being a Niners fan before a Ravens fan, I shall call a score of 28-20 San Francisco. MVP will be Michael Crabtree, and David Akers will make me fly into a frothing rage worthy of Jim Harbaugh by pulling a 36 yarder wide left.
    I have the sudden urge to make a super bowl bingo board.

That guy's a load of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    That guy's a load of fun.
    That name is awesome.

Jonathan Ogden, Larry Allen, Curley Culp, Cris Carter, Dave Robinson, Warren Sapp and Bill Parcells have been voted into the Hall of Fame.

All great choices. I was waiting to hear Bill Parcells, and I'm glad I did.

http://www.nfl.com/halloffame/story/...o-hall-of-fame

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised Art Modell and Bettis didn't make it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 03:19 PM ----------

Lol wow the NFL honors is taped for the west coast.

Shit, they must not know this thing called the internet exists. Least it saves me time from watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Surprised Bettis didn't make it.
    Really? Nothing about his career felt HoF to me. There were always better RBs than him and pretty much every point in his career. Even the stats dont wow me. Im happy for CC though since he kept getting looked over and it didnt really make sense to me, he was clearly dominant for a good stretch of his career.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/NFLprguy/status/...124353/photo/1

And then Wisconsin burns to the ground.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Really? Nothing about his career felt HoF to me. There were always better RBs than him and pretty much every point in his career. Even the stats dont wow me. Im happy for CC though since he kept getting looked over and it didnt really make sense to me, he was clearly dominant for a good stretch of his career.
    I don't even want to begin to talk about CC being forced to wait. Canton is such a joke, not that that doesn't apply to every Hall of Fame with the possible exception of the Hockey HoF which I rarely take issue with (outside of Lindros not being there. Seriously that guy was the best player in the game for years he should be there. Stop punishing him because his career was cut short). Anyways, CC should have been in there years ago. Dude is a top 10 receiver ever.

Peterson is MVP. Good choice. I wouldve chosen him over manning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Peterson is MVP. Good choice. I wouldve chosen him over manning.
    Yup.

The disparity between the votes of Kuechly and Wagner was quite surprising. The voters must of looked at the number of tackles and been like, "lol ok this guy is good."

I dunno about Kuechly, but Wagner started MLB and led the defense.

Oh sweet all the awards went the way I wanted them to

Peterson MVP
    Manning Comeback
    RG3 RoTY

All is right with the world

Oh sweet all the awards went the way I wanted them to

Peterson MVP
    Manning Comeback
    RG3 RoTY

All is right with the world
    Should have been russel wilson for rookie. He was more impressive than luck and RG3 although they ALL were impressive. Reason I state Wilson should have gotten it, he looked better than luck and RG3 more consistantly throughout the season and more importantly in the playoffs(which sadly the playoff part doesnt effect anything with the end of season awards). However all three rookie qbs deserved it in their own right, such an amazing rookie class.

I am BEYOND thrilled AP got MVP, guy carried the vikings to the playoffs and was 9 yards short of the all time rushing record in a single season after having his knee completely reconstructed. That's beyond mvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    Should have been russel wilson for rookie. He was more impressive than luck and RG3 although they ALL were impressive. Reason I state Wilson should have gotten it, he looked better than luck and RG3 more consistantly throughout the season and more importantly in the playoffs(which sadly the playoff part doesnt effect anything with the end of season awards). However all three rookie qbs deserved it in their own right, such an amazing rookie class.

I am BEYOND thrilled AP got MVP, guy carried the vikings to the playoffs and was 9 yards short of the all time rushing record in a single season after having his knee completely reconstructed. That's beyond mvp.
    Meh, Russell only really shined for 1/2 of the year. RG3 did the entire year. I would still rather have Wilson on my team over the other two regardless of who won what.

I'm more surprised at defensive rookie of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Meh, Russell only really shined for 1/2 of the year. RG3 did the entire year. I would still rather have Wilson on my team over the other two regardless of who won what.

I'm more surprised at defensive rookie of the year.
    I can't argue your point, I just personally think the second half he had was well above and beyond RG3 and luck. However Luck is going to have the best career of the three. He just needs a little more time.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Niners 35, Ravens 23
    Operation Red Wing

Considering Bettis was #6 in all time rushing? ahead of Tony Dorsett, Marcus Allen, Franco Harris, Marshall Faulk, O.J. Simpson, Thurman Thomas whom all are HoFers. Only behind Curtis Martin, Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders and Ladanian Tomlinson.

Am i blinded by Steelers goggles? a little, yeah. I'd have been surprised if he got in this year, or next year. It's just not his turn yet....

The problem is players like Chris Carter was log jammed into getting in because there are so many good wide receivers in the queue for the HoF. Andre Reed, Tim Brown and Chris Carter have basically been stalled to get in because they take votes from each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    Look at their passing stats:

Player GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD INT Yds/Att
    Robert Griffin 15 258 393 65.6 3,200 20 5 8.1
    Russell Wilson 16 252 393 64.1 3,118 26 10 7.9

There's no argument you can make for Wilson. Griffin's are better in every category except TDs and he even had 1 less game to get those numbers in because he was injured. Factor in that Wilson had a lot more help with the receivers and his defense and it's pretty clear that Griffin deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    Considering Bettis was #6 in all time rushing? ahead of Tony Dorsett, Marcus Allen, Franco Harris, Marshall Faulk, O.J. Simpson, Thurman Thomas whom all are HoFers. Only behind Curtis Martin, Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders and Ladanian Tomlinson.

Am i blinded by Steelers goggles? a little, yeah. I'd have been surprised if he got in this year, or next year. It's just not his turn yet....

The problem is players like Chris Carter was log jammed into getting in because there are so many good wide receivers in the queue for the HoF. Andre Reed, Tim Brown and Chris Carter have basically been stalled to get in because they take votes from each other.
    Thats more longevity than dominance. I suppose I can toss the guy some respect for staying on the field but to me HOF is for players who dominated the game and were the best of the best. His yards numbers aren't through dominant seasons but for playing 13 years at the RB position. His best individual season was 1665 Yds and 7 TD. He averaged 71 yds per game and was never a threat receiving either. Never once led the league in rushing or TDs. Just for a quick comparison Steven Jackson has more YPG over his career, much better as a receiver, and averaged close to the same amount of TDs as well. Good player but I wouldnt throw him in the HOF either.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 03:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Look at their passing stats:

Player GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD INT Yds/Att
    Robert Griffin 15 258 393 65.6 3,200 20 5 8.1
    Russell Wilson 16 252 393 64.1 3,118 26 10 7.9

There's no argument you can make for Wilson. Griffin's are better in every category except TDs and he even had 1 less game to get those numbers in because he was injured. Factor in that Wilson had a lot more help with the receivers and his defense and it's pretty clear that Griffin deserved it.
    Well said. Also lets not forget while Wilson is a great runner in his own right, RG3 still ran circles around him this year.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-02-03 at 03:45 AM.