Honestly the only game where he really impressed me was against NE. He was relatively quiet once his receivers were actually getting covered against Denver and SF, and the game against Indy wasn't even close to begin with. Unlike Eli he wasn't really the one slicing up a defense when it mattered.

I thought Flacco had some fucking brilliant throws in the first half. There were at least 3 where he was about to get sacked, was running out of bounds, then somehow threw a perfect pass at the last second to a covered receiver who caught it for a first down.

I was the first one making Flacco jokes before the playoffs and even during the game against Indy, but the man showed up these last 3 games. You gotta give him props.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    1) Her name is Beyonce bro. Show respect.
    2) Really NFL and the people who run the Super Dome? You knew this was a possibility and you didn't fix it an instead delayed the biggest sporting event in the country 30-40 minutes mid-game? Wow that is dumb.
    3) We're going to go back to boring low effect halftimes now aren't we? This is going to be Nipplegate 2.0, the Blackoutgate. I'm never going to get to see Lady Gaga or Muse put on an insane show at the Super Bowl.
    You're assuming that the NFL would actually get a band like Muse to play at halftime. That would require they actually entertain me, which isn't going to happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    i havent seen a legitimately enjoyable halftime show in....????

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You're assuming that the NFL would actually get a band like Muse to play at halftime. That would require they actually entertain me, which isn't going to happen.
    You mean to tell me you werent dancing and singing along to all the single ladies?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    i havent seen a legitimately enjoyable halftime show in....????
    I dunno man, Prince a few years back was pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only halftime show I watched was The Who

and Titus Young was granted his release, next stop the Bengals?
    Last edited by draynay; 2013-02-05 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I think the only halftime show I watched was The Who

and Titus Young was granted his release, next stop the Bengals?
    Probably, they have a penchant for troubled players, and if memory serves they could use a good WR.

Now the Lions are in the market for another receiver -- which is amusing considering they draft one nearly every year. The Lions have drafted at least one receiver in 9-of-10 drafts since 2003. They've selected 10 receivers in that span.
    From an article on Young's release. That is amazing I mean to try and get a good reciever and miss all those times. I mean they hit the jackpot with CJ in that time, but still.

15+ Year Old Account
    dont worry karma, this is standard ops for the lions. lets draft a qb, a running back, and a wr every year.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh its been a lot of early picks on receivers to be sure, lets see

2012 Ryan Broyles 2nd
    2011 Titus Young 2nd
    2010 Tim Toone 7th
    2009 Derrick Williams 3rd
    2008 Kenneth Moore 5th
    2007 Calvin Johnson 1st
    2005 Mike Williams 1st
    2004 Roy Williams 1st
    2003 Charles Rogers 1st
    2003 David Kircus 6th

4 first rounders, 2 second rounders, a 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th in ten years is quite the haul for a single position, there's no way Joey Harrington can fail!

10+ Year Old Account
    Roy Williams wasn't all bad, and they at least got a good deal on him trading him to Dallas at some point. Those other first rounders don't ring a bell though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogers was a Michigan State TD machine before he broke his clavicle a couple times and prescribed himself a lot of marijuana for the pain
    Mike Williams was caught up in the whole legal issue regarding NFL eligibility for players less than 3 years removed from high school
    Last edited by draynay; 2013-02-05 at 03:02 AM. Reason: injury specificity

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Roy Williams wasn't all bad, and they at least got a good deal on him trading him to Dallas at some point. Those other first rounders don't ring a bell though.
    Rogers and the other Mike Williams were at least as hyped as Williams coming out of college. Both garnered more Heisman attention. Charles Rogers had some disgusting catches, as you can observe at 4:16 here. He basically decided he liked weed more than football. Mike Williams decided he liked chicken wings and cheese curds more than football.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Mike Williams decided he liked chicken wings and cheese curds more than football.
    So he started hanging out with Jamarcus Russell?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So he started hanging out with Jamarcus Russell?
    I had no idea, but it turns out he was actually on the same Raiders team with Jamarcus's rookie team. Wow!

Here's a picture to make an Lions fans miserable: http://www.thurstonblogging.com/thur...1/3stooges.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    4 first rounders, 2 second rounders, a 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th in ten years is quite the haul for a single position, there's no way Joey Harrington can fail!
    Wow. I guess they're taking a quantity over quality approach?

15+ Year Old Account
    I had no idea, but it turns out he was actually on the same Raiders team with Jamarcus's rookie team. Wow!

Here's a picture to make an Lions fans miserable: http://www.thurstonblogging.com/thur...1/3stooges.jpg
    I both hate and love you right now. I'm going to go cry.

Why does Roy Williams look 40 in that shot, by the way?

So, Merril Hoge is on TV with his head talking, and he tells me this morning that Joe Flacco is now the best QB in the league. Does anyone actually believe this shit? Is there anyone at all that if they were plopped into the Packers GM seat would be spamming the Ravens with calls, attempting to trade Rodgers for Flacco? If not, I have to conclude that Hoge is plainly stupid, or just talking to hear himself talk.

So, Merril Hoge is on TV with his head talking, and he tells me this morning that Joe Flacco is now the best QB in the league. Does anyone actually believe this shit? Is there anyone at all that if they were plopped into the Packers GM seat would be spamming the Ravens with calls, attempting to trade Rodgers for Flacco? If not, I have to conclude that Hoge is plainly stupid, or just talking to hear himself talk.
    thats espn for ya....tons of hot air
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account

Flacco believes it, his agent believes it
    and nobody would make that trade because Flacco is a FA