10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/1...e-changes-2013

What is going on? The NFL Competition Committee actually has people with common sense on it now? Pretty much every single one of these changes I agree with.

Tuck rule gone
    Jim Schwartz challenge rule gone
    Incomplete passes can be reviewed to see if they are fumbles
    RBs can no longer lead with their head to take out defenders
    Offensive players cannot do peel back blocks

Good. Good. Good. Good. And Good.
    Tuck Rule: neat idea, absolutely no way of truly determining if its an incomplete pass or fumble. Needs to go.
    Challenging a reviewable play: I'm actually against this. Coaches should know this shit.
    Incomplete pass reviews: Good stuff.
    RB's can't lower their head: LOL RIP MARSHAWN LYNCH. Basically this would get flagged now days - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt62eVLZprc
    Peel Blocks: Cause of Golden Tate probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    tuck rule is a decade late, and the challenge rule is stupid as it stands, the team should be penalized for throwing the flag, but then refusing to review the play doesn't make any sense at all, whether they know things or not, a coach can get emotional and make a mistake and throw the flag after the refs make a mistake, two wrongs doesn't make a right, so penalize him, but don't let the referee's mistake stand, it seems pretty clear cut to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    RBs can no longer lead with their head to take out defenders
    This is going to be such a headache to ref (no pun intended) and will cause a lot of discussion next year I bet. There's always going to be that one awesome run where a RB sheds several tackles that's going to be called back because of this. I think it's a good rule, but it's going to cause QQ.

NFLPA is looking into Dumervil's FaxGate: http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...6/18936/18936/

Pats re-signed Talib & Arrington and picked up Adrian Wilson after the Cardinals let him go. I'm not even mad. I'm impressed. Looks like they're gonna be my preseason pick to make it to the Super Bowl for the 3rd year in a row.
    Last edited by Neazy; 2013-03-16 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Pats re-signed Talib & Arrington and picked up Adrian Wilson after the Cardinals let him go. I'm not even mad. I'm impressed. Looks like they're gonna be my preseason pick to win the Super Bowl for the 3rd year in a row.
    Considering our secondary was weak even with Talib I wouldn't personally pick the Pats for that. Broncos more likely, from the AFC side, and the NFC has a bunch of good teams now, some that got even better (looking at you Seahawks). So, yeah, I'd probably go for an NFC team if I'd had to pick a pre-season one.

Deleted
    I'm gonna say GB + Pats are favorites to meet in superbowl next year, just like they were this year. I don't buy the whole "option passer" that Seattle and SF have going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    I'm gonna say GB + Pats are favorites to meet in superbowl next year, just like they were this year. I don't buy the whole "option passer" that Seattle and SF have going.
    I'm not buying the whole "improving your team by getting worse at receiver" thing that Green Bay and New England have going, who upgraded at the position to improve their passing game? Seattle and San Francisco? yeah

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I'm not buying the whole "improving your team by getting worse at receiver" thing that Green Bay and New England have going, who upgraded at the position to improve their passing game? Seattle and San Francisco? yeah
    Doesn't matter how much SF improves on paper. Losing the Super Bowl FUCKS up your confidence. 9ers aren't winning it this year. Seattle's my choice (I mistyped when I said the Pats would win it all; I think they make it to the big game, but they don't actually win it).

---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Considering our secondary was weak even with Talib I wouldn't personally pick the Pats for that. Broncos more likely, from the AFC side, and the NFC has a bunch of good teams now, some that got even better (looking at you Seahawks). So, yeah, I'd probably go for an NFC team if I'd had to pick a pre-season one.
    Peyton Manning is still a choker. I just can't pick him over Brady.

I actually think the Seahawks win it all, and the Pats are the team that makes it out of the AFC.

---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 12:26 PM ----------

By the way, I like how this thread has more activity than the NBA thread and MLB thread combined. Fuck the offseason.

No doubt Welker is one of the best slot receivers of all time but think about this for a second. Amendola isn't exactly made up of glass as ESPN would like you to think. He had two freak injuries over the course of two seasons that severely hampered his numbers. Regardless of that in the games he played he dropped 1 ball. Welker had 13 drops alone last season and the passes he has dropped were in critical situations ie: Superbowl against the Giants and the drops he had against the Ravens this past offseason.

It's a downgrade, but with time and of course with Tom Brady throwing to him, I don't think the offense will skip a beat. Meanwhile the defense which already looked pretty good last season with a lot of young players is going to be scary next season.

Deleted
    New England switch receivers all the time, GB did fine last year with a new batch of receivers. Seattle + SF ain't passing teams, their receiver upgrades don't matter all that much imo. It's the middle tier QB's (Stafford, Cutler, Flacco, Schaub and such) that require good receivers, not the elite or the "option" QB's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Peyton Manning is still a choker. I just can't pick him over Brady.
    Manning didn't choke. If anyone choked, it was their defense that gave up almost 40 points in a playoff game and failed to get to the QB on any kind of consistent basis.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Manning didn't choke. If anyone choked, it was their defense that gave up almost 40 points in a playoff game and failed to get to the QB on any kind of consistent basis.
    An interception on an across-the-body throw in double overtime is choking no matter how you look at it. That was his single worst throw of the season and it came when they needed him the most. Sure the defense fucked up to get them to that point but if he kept playing like Peyton Manning in that double OT they still win the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    I could go into a lot of detail, but personally I just think Wilson is the better pocket passer and option runner out of the two.

Watch how smooth the hand offs/holds to Lynch are compared to Kaepernick and Gore. Plus watch Wilson's hand gestures to Lynch pre snap.

---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 01:22 PM ----------

I'm hearing that the Jets paid Revis. Can't find anything on PFT about it, just stuff going around twitter.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...other-million/ nvm found it.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2013-03-16 at 08:23 PM.

^ Sucks for Revis. He really should go somewhere else. Miami took over the Jets position as the wild card threat/2nd best team in the east. Jets need to rebuild and they won't be competing for another couple years.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ Sucks for Revis. He really should go somewhere else. Miami took over the Jets position as the wild card threat/2nd best team in the east. Jets need to rebuild and they won't be competing for another couple years.
    Well he will have a bigger market next year if hes healthy.

Jets do need to rebuild. May as well tank while you have Sanchez.

So in like 08, 09 I picked the Jets as my favorite team from New York because I liked Rex and Sanchez. Then last year I actually moved to NY. I can't change teams and hop on the Giants bandwagon, but I'm too embarrassed to admit to people that I like the Jets. What should I do? Are there any support groups for people like me? Maybe like a Jets fan AA?

10+ Year Old Account
    So in like 08, 09 I picked the Jets as my favorite team from New York because I liked Rex and Sanchez. Then last year I actually moved to NY. I can't change teams and hop on the Giants bandwagon, but I'm too embarrassed to admit to people that I like the Jets. What should I do? Are there any support groups for people like me? Maybe like a Jets fan AA?

Buy that and wait it out.

Speaking of the Giants, anything on Victor Cruz yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

Buy that and wait it out.

Speaking of the Giants, anything on Victor Cruz yet?
    That's perfect. It's not as self-hating as wearing a bag over your head, but it still says "I know my team sucks, but I don't care".

No idea on Cruz. Didn't even know he was a free agent. You would think he would have been picked up on day 1. I think I'd rather have him than Boldin.

Deleted
    It could be a lot worse! You could be rooting for the Jaguars, Raiders, Browns or Bills. Those teams have even less going for them atm than the Jets.