10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah should be fun to watch the Tebow thing. Seen somewhere earlier that Gronk's rehab is moving along nicely and the Pats are upbeat about it. Between Gronk and Jake Ballard they should be fine, if healthy of course.

- - - Updated - - -

More trouble for the Patriots, Alfonzo Dennard arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence. This offseason get any worse for this team?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    This offseason get any worse for this team?
    still plenty time for Amendola to get hurt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Hey if that happens maybe they will give T.O a call and bring back Chad Ochocinco to complete the offseason circus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I'm beginning to think that's what it will take for people to realise the Patriots are really vulnerable right now. Players allready sense it, with that Ellerby statement this week, but fans seem to be lagging behind.

I'm not saying we'll be terrible this year, but it will take real effort to win the division and make the playoffs, and that's in arguably one of the weakest divisions in football. As things stand now I'll be happy if we manage to hold off the Dolphins and make the playoffs in some way, but I'm not expecting us to do more then that.

Hell, to be honest I'll be happy if we show some progress during the season and manage to get the offense some experience to build on for next season, hoping that we can see one last trick out of Brady before he retires.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dennard arrest is especially funny. He was sentenced to serve 30 days in jail at the conclusion of the upcoming season for punching a police officer in the face outside of a bar. His lawyer was trying to get that sentence revoked on the condition he not break his probation and he also had Bill Belichick write a personal letter of character to the judge.

..And then he goes and gets a DUI, completely embarrassing his coach. Wouldn't be the least surprised if he is cut loose.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    Yeah should be fun to watch the Tebow thing. Seen somewhere earlier that Gronk's rehab is moving along nicely and the Pats are upbeat about it. Between Gronk and Jake Ballard they should be fine, if healthy of course.

- - - Updated - - -

More trouble for the Patriots, Alfonzo Dennard arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence. This offseason get any worse for this team?
    They are just snake bit this off season. At least it's not a receiver.

Don't understand these players mindset. If I was lucky enough to play in the NFL I would be walking the straight and narrow. No nonsense. Come in early and go home late.
    Last edited by kunah; 2013-07-11 at 07:55 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    The Dennard arrest is especially funny. He was sentenced to serve 30 days in jail at the conclusion of the upcoming season for punching a police officer in the face outside of a bar. His lawyer was trying to get that sentence revoked on the condition he not break his probation and he also had Bill Belichick write a personal letter of character to the judge.

..And then he goes and gets a DUI, completely embarrassing his coach. Wouldn't be the least surprised if he is cut loose.
    ohhh yeah hes fucked.

About the Tim Tebow stuff, like I said when it happened.. don't overthink it. I think his signing was purely for the playbook.

totally game for doing fantasy league again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least Hernandez has 2 people believing in him. https://twitter.com/JazzyNice5/statu...504130/photo/1

No offence to these guys college ties, but how stupid do you have to be to support Hernandez, with the current evidence. Bet their clubs love them too for this attention.

This has to be the worst offseason in a long time for the Patriots.

Aaron Hernandez murder
    Gronkowski Injury
    Losing Welker and most other receiving core
    Dennard DUI
    Signing Tebow

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan Clady on the Broncos got extended for 5 years, with 33 million of the 52 million guaranteed. Yowza. The guy is a great blocker though, and this shows how valuable blindside blockers are in the NFL today.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    And the first Pouncey apology is in, knew that wouldn't be long. I still think it's pretty bad they apparently think he's innocent, or at least innocent enough to be freed. With how things stand he's at the very least heavily involved in covering up for who actually commited the murder, not sure how even school bonds let you look past that glaring fact.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    This has to be the worst offseason in a long time for the Patriots.

Aaron Hernandez murder
    Gronkowski Injury
    Losing Welker and most other receiving core
    Dennard DUI
    Signing Tebow
    Yep. Looks dismal. But in spite of it all they probably will still win the division. I am thinking there will be a couple of no-name receivers that will step up and take advantage of this opportunity.

Living down south now. But hope to go see them when they visit the Panthers. My big football roadtrip this year! yay
    Last edited by kunah; 2013-07-16 at 06:36 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    “I don’t talk to anybody in a San Francisco 49ers shirt.” He didn't "basically say it", he exactly said it.

And again, not even the same conference. It's incredibly stupid.
    “I don’t talk to anybody in a San Francisco 49ers shirt,” Harbaugh told Trotter. “How could you wear that out here? . . . Seriously, man. How could you wear that out here to a Chargers facility?”

It wasn't that the reporter from a San Diego paper was wearing enemy gear, it was that he was wearing it at the team's facility. I'm sure if the interview was on more neutral grounds, Harbaugh would have joked about the gear, but would still have given an interview.

What you do in your personal time is one thing, but what you do during the season or at your team facilities is another. It's also what got Alex Smith in trouble with the league last year because of wearing a SF Giants hat during press conferences when the Giants were making a run at the World Series Championship. He was promoting a 'rival' sports league during 'work' hours.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Yep. Looks dismal. But in spite of it all they probably will still win the division. I am thinking there will be a couple of no-name receivers that will step up and take advantage of this opportunity.

Living down south now. But hope to go see them when they visit the Panthers. My big football roadtrip this year! yay
    Hey man the Jets are going to be strong. They are looking to integrate Geno Smith as a change of pace option QB like they did for Tebow. Smith was a great runner at WVU. He had like 40 yards in his career. Pretty good stuff. "He's black therefore he must be a good running QB"-Jets coaching staff.

It really says something about the state of the Dolphins and Jets, and to a slightly lesser extent the Bills who might not be completely awful, when the Patriots can let their entire WR corps leave, lose their 2nd best player to chronic arm injuries for god knows how long, lose another top 5 guy to freaking MURDER charges, and rotate in an ever changing backfield, and STILL be heavy favorites to win the division.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Hey man the Jets are going to be strong. They are looking to integrate Geno Smith as a change of pace option QB like they did for Tebow. Smith was a great runner at WVU. He had like 40 yards in his career. Pretty good stuff. "He's black therefore he must be a good running QB"-Jets coaching staff.

It really says something about the state of the Dolphins and Jets, and to a slightly lesser extent the Bills who might not be completely awful, when the Patriots can let their entire WR corps leave, lose their 2nd best player to chronic arm injuries for god knows how long, lose another top 5 guy to freaking MURDER charges, and rotate in an ever changing backfield, and STILL be heavy favorites to win the division.
    I'm more scared of the Dolphins then the Bills to be honest, Dolphins at least have something at QB. Same reason I don't trust the Jets this year, even though they might not be as bad as people make them out to be. Thing is though, Dolphins don't have much of an offensive line, mostly nothing at LT, so they are pretty hobbled too. With the obvious problems of all the teams in the AFC East I'm not banking on any of them to do much this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dolphins > Bills > Jets.

Don't worry though, Kellen Winslow wants to catch 100 passes this year while in a wheel chair.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'm more scared of the Dolphins then the Bills to be honest, Dolphins at least have something at QB. Same reason I don't trust the Jets this year, even though they might not be as bad as people make them out to be. Thing is though, Dolphins don't have much of an offensive line, mostly nothing at LT, so they are pretty hobbled too. With the obvious problems of all the teams in the AFC East I'm not banking on any of them to do much this season.
    Hey man the Bills got Kevin Kolb. When healthy, so one out of every three Sundays, he is pretty good. Better than Tannehill at least in my uninformed, unresearched, who cares about the Bills or Fins, opinion. Plus EJ Manuel! He maybe, might, probably will take the job from Kolb. The Fins have no skill position players. Their RB group is awful now that Bush is in Detroit (WOOOOO). Their WRs are headlined by Mike Wallave (TIL Mike Wallace is a Fin btw). The Jets at least have Stevie Johnson and CJ Spiller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sidney Rice is 1 month older than Mike Wallace. Once I learned that I felt better about Seattle taking Percy Harvin.

My money is on EJ Manuel taking the job from Klob. I'd still take Tannehill over both of them though.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how are the other divisions looking then, right now, before training camp? NFC North: Pack> Vikes >= Bears > Lions? NFC West: Hawks = 49'ers >> Rams > Cards? Not too sure about others, Broncos, Texans, Falcons all seem shoe ins for their divisions, but I have no clue about Ravens/Steelers/Bengals or NFC East.