Man I hate the pre-season sometimes. Starters getting serious injuries in games that don't matter is some serious bullshit.

Good news for Denver is, aside from the retarded amount of turnovers it looks like their first-team offense is going to be impossible to stop.

And Russel Wilson is going to be absurdly hard to stop, too. That throw where he dropped the snap? Out-fucking-standing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this week was a little worse than usual, but yeah, it does happen a decent amount in the pre-season.

There's a lot of mid/low-round picks and lesser FA's play, fighting it out for backup/special teams spots or a spot on the practice squad. I think it's just a lot of inexperience on the field, combined w/ a lot of guys shaking off the offseason "rust". You combine that w/ guys who are 250 - 300 lbs., running top speed ... definitely has the potential to end badly.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    guys who are 250 - 300 lbs., running top speed ... definitely has the potential to end badly.
    The solution:

Yeah, okay, guess not.

lol Tebow. Eagles look strong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The solution:

Yeah, okay, guess not.
    I would pay to watch that.

I did get nfl to refund me for that preseason bs. I thought they were going to give me crap about it but all I had to do is send them a email and 2 days later they said they will give me one, so while the available games sucks, not a bad support.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    The solution:

Yeah, okay, guess not.
    Legs unprotected though. The non leg injury's have been very few.

As far as Seahawks go, that was the game I kinda expected from the hype. Peyton only tested the secondary when he knew there was coverage he could beat, and it showed. His TD drive was complete typical surgeon mode, most of his completions were wide open. Pass rush and run stopping is still not there, but no Cliff Avril, Irvin, or Clemons who could be back week 1. Bobby Wagner is going to be insane to watch this season.

Most of Russell's incompletions were high thrown, but catchable. Seahawks gave up no sacks in the game, but the run blocking was pretty bad. Turbin gets tripped up easily. Spencer Ware is scary, but I don't think he can replace Mike Rob.

- - - Updated - - -

Dustin Keller tore all 3 ligaments and dislocated his knee.

Shit, that can be career ending for a dirty hit.

- - - Updated - - -

Giants center David Baas already out with a knee injury.

Victor Cruz getting x-ray's on his foot.

jeez

Sounds like Baas has a sprained knee and Cruz has a bruised heel. Lucky.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2013-08-18 at 11:50 PM.

Pre-season injuries make baby jesus cry!

Just a reminder for those that may have missed it, If you are at all interested in participating in Fantasy Football this year Vetali created a thread over here...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...and-Discussion

League 2 which I am co-ordinating still has 2 available spots for people who are interested, sign up via link above.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Man I hate the pre-season sometimes. Starters getting serious injuries in games that don't matter is some serious bullshit.

Good news for Denver is, aside from the retarded amount of turnovers it looks like their first-team offense is going to be impossible to stop.

And Russel Wilson is going to be absurdly hard to stop, too. That throw where he dropped the snap? Out-fucking-standing.
    In the unlikely event that I ever owned a NFL team, I would forbid any of my value starters to play even one down preseason. Lose a starting qb and you are done. Look at Buffalo,, there is not a glimmer of hope that they will have a winning season. There are just too many aggressive players trying to make an impression to make the team. Rather have them be a little rusty in the first game than be out for the season.
    Last edited by kunah; 2013-08-19 at 05:03 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    In the unlikely event that I ever owned a NFL team, I would forbid any of my value starters to play even one down preseason. Lose a starting qb and you are done. Look at Buffalo,, there is not a glimmer of hope that they will have a winning season. There are just too many aggressive players trying to make an impression to make the team. Rather have them be a little rusty in the first game than be out for the season.
    See, I get the mindset there. But you are fucking over candidates that need some reps with the first team in an actual game session.

It sucks, but I'd rather lose a starter in the preseason when you have 89 other guys than in the season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    lol Tebow. Eagles look strong.
    1 for 7 for -1 yards with 1 INT. Wow. Tebow is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    1 for 7 for -1 yards with 1 INT. Wow. Tebow is good.
    I'm praying (haha) that he gets cut and we roll with just 2 active QB's on teh roster.

I'd rather we pick some random person off the street to play back up to Mallet if Brady goes down. Our season is screwed when that happens anyway, doesn't matter a whole lot if Mallet also goes down then. Hell just pick some random person off the bench, and have him hand off to Ridley & Vereen & Blount for 4 quarters. I bet the result would be better then having Tebow in.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, Von Miller facing 6 games possibly, and still nothing definite about what he actually did. This sucks for the Broncos that's for sure.

Even if they get is down to 4 games, that's 1/4 of the season. Only blessing for them is the division they are in, so they'll probably still win the division even with 4 bad games at the start. They face: Ravens, Giants, Raiders, Eagles. So with a hobbled defence they'll likely give up the Ravens game, Giants possibly but Raiders should be safe game. Eagles might also be tricky, though taht's at Mile High, so the Eagles won't be able to keep up their high energy game, most likely. Not the end of the world.

If it stays 6 though, they add Cowboys and Jaguars. Jags is a gimme, but Cowboys might also be tricky. That would make 3 tricky games, and 3 easier games. That's still enough to win the division, I assume.

Hmm, I think I still like the Broncos chances, even if Miller is out for 6 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree, I'd say the Broncos are scary bad on the D side now. Gave Dumervil up in the offseason, Derek Wolfe will probably miss a few games, Champ Bailey has a high ankle sprain, and now Von Miller. They have a high powered offense, but what if Welker also has to miss a game or two?

They aren't fucked though. They could make some clutch moves after roster cuts. They got a first hand look at the Seahawks defense depth. Would not be surprised if they scoop up somebody that doesn't make our roster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ridiculousness of the article aside, I just heard about this new rule. Guess owners are desperate to make money, so they're super expensive stadium food can be sold, and women's purses are pure evil, or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm praying (haha) that he gets cut and we roll with just 2 active QB's on teh roster.

I'd rather we pick some random person off the street to play back up to Mallet if Brady goes down. Our season is screwed when that happens anyway, doesn't matter a whole lot if Mallet also goes down then. Hell just pick some random person off the bench, and have him hand off to Ridley & Vereen & Blount for 4 quarters. I bet the result would be better then having Tebow in.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, Von Miller facing 6 games possibly, and still nothing definite about what he actually did. This sucks for the Broncos that's for sure.

Even if they get is down to 4 games, that's 1/4 of the season. Only blessing for them is the division they are in, so they'll probably still win the division even with 4 bad games at the start. They face: Ravens, Giants, Raiders, Eagles. So with a hobbled defence they'll likely give up the Ravens game, Giants possibly but Raiders should be safe game. Eagles might also be tricky, though taht's at Mile High, so the Eagles won't be able to keep up their high energy game, most likely. Not the end of the world.

If it stays 6 though, they add Cowboys and Jaguars. Jags is a gimme, but Cowboys might also be tricky. That would make 3 tricky games, and 3 easier games. That's still enough to win the division, I assume.

Hmm, I think I still like the Broncos chances, even if Miller is out for 6 weeks.
    Well Kansas City is their only competition in the division as Oakland and San Diego are going to suck. Unless KC is much better than I expect, and I would put them in the 8-9 win range maybe higher, I don't think Von Miller missing 4-6 games has any impact on the division race. The Broncos offense is going to be ridiculously good. They fumbled away two good drives against an excellent Seahawks defense in the 1st quarter this week. I honestly don't think they are going to be all that troubled scoring against the Ravens or Giants, at least to an extent that they can't outscore those teams.The only one of those games I would be overly worried about would be Philly. I expect them to do some crazy stuff offensively and that can really dismantle a team missing their best defensive player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ridiculousness of the article aside, I just heard about this new rule. Guess owners are desperate to make money, so they're super expensive stadium food can be sold, and women's purses are pure evil, or something.
    It is a combination of that and our ridiculous cultural belief that there is a terrorist around every corner just waiting to blow up a stadium. (Number of stadium attacks since 9/11: 0. Number of significant terrorist attacks period: 0). You can't have people bringing in bags because there might end up being another Boston Marathon Bombing (3 deaths, three times more people died from drowning that day). Searching every single bag that entered the stadium wasn't enough to stop the zero attempted attacks over the last decade, so all bags had to be banned to stop the zero attempted attacks over the next decade. In 2023, you will have to go to the games naked for "safety" (and the increase in jersey sales).

For me it is just another reason to not attend an NFL game. Why would pay a hefty ticket price, drive hours away (Ford Field is about 2 hours from me), give up your bag to a horribly organized coat check system that was giving out the wrong items to people like crazy the first two weeks, pay horrible prices for food and drink, and then watch the game from a shitty view while surrounded by loud obnoxious drunks? There is absolutely no benefit to going to an NFL game.
    Last edited by conscript; 2013-08-19 at 07:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I really don't give a fuck about this new rule... I never brought anything more than my wallet to a game, and don't see a reason to unless you wana bring a sign or something for harsh weather. Most teams are being generous and sending these bags out with season tickets.

Going to NFL games has always been relatively safe unless you are in Oakland or San Fran.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I really don't give a fuck about this new rule... I never brought anything more than my wallet to a game, and don't see a reason to unless you wana bring a sign or something for harsh weather. Most teams are being generous and sending these bags out with season tickets.

Going to NFL games has always been relatively safe unless you are in Oakland or San Fran.
    If you're in Oakland, you need a bag to carry your gun, alcohol, pirate outfit, jersey you bought at the game, your other gun in case things get to out of hand, and your touch-up makeup kit. You can carry most of that in a clear plastic bag, but the spikes on your shoulder pads are going to tear holes in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    If you're in Oakland, you need a bag to carry your gun, alcohol, pirate outfit, jersey you bought at the game, your other gun in case things get to out of hand, and your touch-up makeup kit. You can carry most of that in a clear plastic bag, but the spikes on your shoulder pads are going to tear holes in it.
    San Fran you just need a shank to shank your own fans.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...play-week-one/

Gronk might not play week 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    AJ Jenkins was traded for Jon Baldwin today, a change of scenery for both first round picks, who were called busts by fans for their low production or lack of (looking at you AJJ), hope it goes well for both teams.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Okay, truth be told, I should have probably realised that the absolute 0% news out of Foxborough about Gronk meant he wasn't doing well in recovery.

Shitty way to start the season if it's true, especially if he's on the PUP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seahawks traded John Moffitt for Browns' Brian Sanford.