Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hi im a spriest, rogue, mage, hunter and prot pala, to kill me you just need to fight against me.... Cos i suck at pvp xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.
    Every time i read comments like this i make a bet to myself its a Retri... after checking hes posts, another win.

Hi i am DK

and if you wanan kill me just be a freaking stupid no skill ice mage and crit me for 20k while wearing 1375 res and have 094584395 way's of CCing me slowing me down stoping me and stunning me

i hate you mages please DIAF!

Thanks

Hi, I'm a DK who isn't spiteful against mages and wishes to stay on topic.

Biggest thing I would recommend for warriors is to time your disarm AFTER MY COOLDOWNS ARE SPENT. If my CDs are down and I can't death strike its damn hard to recover. Similarly, Bladestorm should not be your finishing move vs. a Death Knight. Bladestorm is best used to force me into a defensive position. A strong one is often enough to tear me down even through IBF.

I really can't stress the power of a late disarm enough though, if you blow it early I have plenty of tools to keep myself up.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    Depends if they use the trap properly. In any case, the trap is no better than Hamstring, which means they wont really get away.
    I'm talking about the one which freezes you in place while they get max distance. And after that they can stun you twice, 1 with pet and 1 with concussion shot IIRC. And that is more then enough to finish you off because their range is 40 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by lousysuxor View Post
    I'm talking about the one which freezes you in place while they get max distance. And after that they can stun you twice, 1 with pet and 1 with concussion shot IIRC. And that is more then enough to finish you off because their range is 40 yards.
    They would have had to not dot you for that trap to work, and PvP trinket breaks it. I am sure warriors have something else to get out of it as well, though I could be wrong, I never played one past 30. Pet stun is only for beast mastery, which isn't often used in PvP, and concussive shot doesn't stun with or without talents ;]
    You can charge them within a second of them breaking the trap, it really only allows for one extra shot, so doesn't work as well as Frost / Ice trap or whatever it is called now.
    Heroic Leap will be another way to get to them too...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    They would have had to not dot you for that trap to work, and PvP trinket breaks it. I am sure warriors have something else to get out of it as well, though I could be wrong, I never played one past 30. Pet stun is only for beast mastery, which isn't often used in PvP, and concussive shot doesn't stun with or without talents ;]
    You can charge them within a second of them breaking the trap, it really only allows for one extra shot, so doesn't work as well as Frost / Ice trap or whatever it is called now.
    Heroic Leap will be another way to get to them too...
    Well with the new talent changes and hunters pets. Some of their pets can stun/snare you in place. That trap like I said, freezes you in place for them to get MAX range. They will start to kite you for 40 yards. If you use your trinket to break out of that trap, its gonna be a waste when their pet stuns/snares/nets you for 5 seconds and you cant do anything to break out of it. Most of the time when you get in range for intercept, a good hunter will pop deterrence and parry your intercept.

Then your basically screwed.

I PvP alot so I know how the hunter's play their game these days. . .

As a hunter, kill command is alot of my damage, stunning my pet keeps me from doing alot of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by lousysuxor View Post
    Well with the new talent changes and hunters pets. Some of their pets can stun/snare you in place. That trap like I said, freezes you in place for them to get MAX range. They will start to kite you for 40 yards. If you use your trinket to break out of that trap, its gonna be a waste when their pet stuns/snares/nets you for 5 seconds and you cant do anything to break out of it. Most of the time when you get in range for intercept, a good hunter will pop deterrence and parry your intercept.

Then your basically screwed.

I PvP alot so I know how the hunter's play their game these days. . .
    If they get you to max range run away =P
    He traps you, gets to 40 yards, shoots you you run directly away from him so he can't hit you. attack his pet if it is on you, you can kill it fast while running away, or at least hamstring it. Wait till he starts running towards you to get in range, then abruptly turn and run back towards him. Depending on his reactions he might be caught out in time for you to charge him ;]
    A warrior did that to me once and I nearly paid for it for not concentrating too closely.
    Meh, these are just ideas, hunters currently aren't hitting too hard.

Also, I wouldn't suggest running right at a hunter, or any ranged class. Try to approach from behind, and look to see if it kneels to place a trap, and avoid that trap.

I play an Arms Warrior and I just want to make a list of how I usually go in for a kill.

Paladin

Holy
    Good holy paladins can be a pain in the ass but as lnog as you keep timing your cds correctly you will manage to get them down.
    How to: You won't kill them by attacking them non-stop, they'll regain mana from meleeing you and will also be getting Holy Power from you hitting them. Use Charge and Intercept often, combine your cooldowns into a chain of pain. I usually start off by Charging to get to them, Hamstring (hopes for him to HoF himself) and Throw Down right there, pop Deadly Calm and nuke those 5 seconds, you won't kill him but you will put up pressure. Use Intercept often if the duel lasts for a long time, the stun from it can be the thing that allows you to win.

Prot
    Just stand still and let them kill you, there's absolutely nothing you can do against these bastards.
    (The good ones of course)

Ret
    Play it very offensive, when they pop wings you disarm them instantly and follow up with Throw Down when the disarm is over. You should have the kill by now tbh.

Priest

Disc
    No need for any awesome timing here really, just keep interrupting his casts whenever while applying constant pressure and you should have the kill quickly.

Holy
    Same as above.

Shadow
    Searsha has already said something very good about this spec, use it.

Rogues

all specs really
    (1v1) Start off with your shield and 1h'er on and swap when you have a charge on him, use Throw Down instantly to prevent him from using Evasion and it missing him later in the fight. Straight after Throw Down, Disarm and intimidating shout. Get some range and intercept, if the rogue isn't dead yet use Retaliation, or earlier on the fight depending on the rogues output compared to your output.

Hunter

bm
    Fear the pet and hunter once both are in range and use Throw Down right away, followed by disarm straight after Throw Down, swap to 1h'er and shield and pop Shield block if he gets out of melee range. Charge/Intercept him and hamstring him pretty much instantly to keep him from getting away quickly.

MM

Only change is to ignore the pet and go straight onto the hunter.

surv

Same as MM.

extra about hunters, specifically traps

Snake trap
    Thunder Clap/Intimidating Shout them or else the hunter will gain range.

Freezing trap
    Don't trinket it, wait for it to break and swap to 1h'er and sword instantly and pop Shield block.

Mage

Arcane

CHarge, get a few hits on him, he'll probably use his rooting and blink. Don't thinket it, swap to 1h'er and shield and use Spell Reflect on his Arcane Blast just before it's getting cast. Swap to 2h'er and intercept him as soon as the root breaks, he'll blink again and most likely root you again. Bladestorm and cancel it immediately. CHarge him and he's stuck with you, have fun with him in melee range.

Fire

The only way I've had success with fire mages is by nuking them without letting them even get the opportunity to kite me.

Frost

Do the same as you would with Arcane, and save your trinket for Deep Freeze.

Warlock

Honestly I can't say warlocks are too bad for warriors, probably because most warlocks isn't used to the new playstyle yet. I know Demonology could be shattering for a warrior if the warlock uses his pet perfectly, which most doesn't do.

Death Knight

All specs
    Charge in and pop Deadly Calm, porce him to use IBF and disarm him at that moment. Continue bursting him down and use Throw Down when IBF is over. Dead DK right there. (Most dk are really that easy to kill as a warrior atm)

Warrior

Arms
    Use your cooldowns before he does, so basically start off with Throw Down right away and follow up with a disarm straight after. Just burst him down before he'll get his weapon back. (10 seconds if he doesn't use a weapon chain)

Fury
    Haven't met many fury warriors in pvp but I know that it's pretty devastating to be hit by them seeing as I've tried it. Equally geared MS warrior didn't really stand a chance, if the fury warrior is in pvp gear and has reforged mastery his Enraged Regeneration will basically heal him for about the same amount of health that you deal to him in the same period of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdDxr9Zgss8 - Go to about 3.30 and watch as this guy tears through an MS warrior with Shadowmourne without any problems whatsoever.

Protection
    Jump around them and keep them snared, try getting behind them for the big crits and disarm when he's close to death.

Druid

Feral
    Keep him in front of you, swap to 1h'er and shield if he does a shitload of damage. Pop Shield block of course. (Haven't encountered a lot of good ferals)

Balance
    Keep close to him, bladestorm and cancel it immediately when he roots you and use Throw Down when he uses Starfall and he's pretty much done for.

Resto
    Fuck me.. These guys are hard to kill if they know how to kite and keep you at range. So basic advice; Keep up with him, don't lose him at all. It can cost you your kill.

Warning; This is basically how I've found it easier to do, this might not be the general understanding on how to kill these classes, but it's how I've managed to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.
    lol so true

If they get you to max range run away =P
    Yeah, run from a hunter, die sweaty.

Also I don't understand what is so great about disarming a DK? Do they melee a warrior, really? I just CoI & DC them while they are dotted with deceases and pets. Even this way I often finishing at 15-20%, but why should I stand there and get smashed with 5k WW crits?
    Last edited by Zauber; 2010-11-02 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauber View Post
    Yeah, run from a hunter, die sweaty.
    You would be surprised. When they see you running out of max range, they always run after you, turn back when they are running towards you, and you get to them faster.
    Them standing, you running to them = normal speed.
    Them running to you, you running to them = double speed.
    Takes just a couple of seconds to get into range of charge from that, just test their reactions.

My abandoned main is a hunter, so I know how to deal with such smart dudes They just walk all the way in daze and traps for me or from me, it doesn't matter (if they choose to gain distance first, ofc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman

..Hit me twice and im dead
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Deleted
    Hi. I'm a holy paladin, and occasionally prot. You can't beat me, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Desirie View Post
    I play an Arms Warrior and I just want to make a list of how I usually go in for a kill.

Paladin

Holy
    Good holy paladins can be a pain in the ass but as lnog as you keep timing your cds correctly you will manage to get them down.
    How to: You won't kill them by attacking them non-stop, they'll regain mana from meleeing you and will also be getting Holy Power from you hitting them. Use Charge and Intercept often, combine your cooldowns into a chain of pain. I usually start off by Charging to get to them, Hamstring (hopes for him to HoF himself) and Throw Down right there, pop Deadly Calm and nuke those 5 seconds, you won't kill him but you will put up pressure. Use Intercept often if the duel lasts for a long time, the stun from it can be the thing that allows you to win.
    There is no way in hell you can take down a good geared resilience stacking holy paladin, no matter how you use your cds. There simply won't be enough damage. But against a bad one with bad gear this is true I guess. The only way for you to apply any sort of pressure would be in a full set of BiS pve gear with shadowmourne included ofcourse. But even then I doubt it.
    Last edited by mmocbf46be2757; 2010-11-02 at 10:40 AM.

Deleted
    edit: mostly battleground. if youre looking to kill protwarrior in 1on1 you either have to be a shadow dotlock watching his health or maybe a really well geared rogue

I'm a ProtPvP Warrior. I have skilled into bloodcraze and can interrupt/silence and spellreflect alot. So if you are a healer dont bother attacking since it will use up your mana, you proabably will hit yourself and even if you hit me, a dottick can proc bloodcraze and heal me for 9.54% of my total life in 5 seconds, you wont kill me.

Also I disspell one benefical spell at leaste once every 6 seconds. so if you use innervate, CC me beforehand. If you reg mana with a channeled spell, CC me beforehand. If you plant a totem, get me out of range first (if its manatide).

If you are a DD class remember that the more damage you do to me the stronger I get (rage and vengeance).

Do not rely on disarming me unless you are a rogue. I can use shieldslam and devastate while disarmed (needs shields) as well as interrupt/silence and spellreflect.

I can charge every 15 seconds and often rely on the the rage income.

I use demoshout and thunderclap to debuff you and AE-rend your group. However, if im silenced I cant do that. nor can I shout for rage or fear you.

I HAVE a brain, I will sit on your healer like a fly on horseshit so save his ass, you arent important.

I can stun anybody infront of me. dont line up behind my I will simply turn around and AE stun all of you.. followed by a rend/thunderclap

I can spellreflect ONE spell every 6 seconds. I gain 60 rage. however I can reflect a lot more spells if they are cast at the same time, so casting+instant will BOTH be reflected. use a weak attack to take this buff of me (as a healer a dot, you wont hurt yourself much)

I have a lot of defensive CDs that all align with CDs. you you apply pressure be sure that these CDs are on CD or you have a rogue.

If I seem to regenerate more health than I should, i am enraged and you should take that effect of me.

If you fall below 20% life I will devastate you and can proc victory rush that does a lot of dmg, needs no rage and will heal myself for almost 10% of my total life. this proc ignores shields so stay above 20%!

dont rely on a root/slow effect if I have a friend close. I will clear that effect off with intervene (30sec CD) and charge back.

Dont use deathgrip on me to get me away from your healer. i will spellreflect/charge him again and you get chains of ice

I cant use hamstring in defstance and will almost never go out if this stance because there is no real use to do so. However I daze with shieldbash every 12seconds silencing/interrupting you at the same time. 5sec of daze

@85 cata: do not root unless really really nessessary. I get healed for 25% of my total life over 10sec if you do so.

And for the most important part
    I dont go in for the kill unless shieldblock is up! Its about annoying healers and DDs so they cant heal or put pressure on my healers. I will however kill you if you dont have resilience or a healer. 14k shieldslams ftw!
    Last edited by mmocdbbb194638; 2010-11-02 at 10:49 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Remember folks, it's smart to only attack druid 5 seconds out of every 25. Because that glyph and that skill aren't OP at all. It's just that you're stupid to attack druids.

At all!
    Don't forget the Tier 1 3-piece for 50% increased Thorns duration for INFINITE THORNS: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=23557
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Kharismal Abyss View Post
    Hmm. Anyone for a guide on how to kill paladins as ANY class in the lower brackets? :P
    Shadowstep->Ambush->Eviscerate (true for 10-19, haven't gotten into the 20-29 on it yet)

Problem, Paladin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabuza View Post
    I would go outside but the sun is out there right now
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Guys, we can autoshot while moving.

Whatever else they do, doesn't matter <3

Quote Originally Posted by eDGe87 View Post
    Hi. I'm a holy paladin, and occasionally prot. You can't beat me, sorry.

There is no way in hell you can take down a good geared resilience stacking holy paladin, no matter how you use your cds. There simply won't be enough damage. But against a bad one with bad gear this is true I guess. The only way for you to apply any sort of pressure would be in a full set of BiS pve gear with shadowmourne included ofcourse. But even then I doubt it.
    Yeah, the glad Hpally I had a fucking fun duel with yesterday would like a word with you. The Hpally was on our roof and we ended up fighting each other there for at least 6 minutes before I killed him, he barely acted offensive at all, he was just healing himself due to the fact that for some reason he took a shitload of damage, so no he wasn't stacking resilience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?