Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Undead paladin in lore.

Hi guys, I've heard rumor that there was one undead paladin in the lore. I was wondering if anyone knew the name of that paladin.

Thanks in advance.
    "Every day I wake up, log in and look at the nine other class icons in the character creation screen. Then I burst into laughter, create a portal into a distant realm, do a motherfucking double backflip through that portal while slinging pastries and blasts of PURE COSMIC ENERGY everywhere, respeccing into frost midair and deep freezing two gnomes before landing on my feet. In my wake only disintegrated corpses, strudel crumbs and adorable turtles are found."
    By a forum member "Membrane"

Not sure about paladin specifically. But I know there is one in the argent dawn named 'insert name' The revered.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think rather the one he heard about was Sir Zelik, in Naxxramas. He's the one most people turn to when they make claims for undead paladins.

Sir Zeliek is an undead paladin who seemingly resisted being turned into a Death Knight like the other Horseman due to his powerful faith. Sir Zeliek is located in Naxxramas. He is killable in the Four Horsemen encounter.

It seems as though Sir Zeliek managed to retain his sanity despite Kel'Thuzad's corruption, but still his body obeys the Lich King's lieutenant. This could be seen as a mark of great spirituality and mental strength on the part of the paladin.

Based on his white color scheme and the wings on his helmet (signifying victory), Sir Zeliek is most likely based on the first Rider of the Apocalypse, the White Rider of Conquest.

Extract from wowwikki

There are these guys...
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=30202#abilities

And Aurius http://www.wowhead.com/npc=10917
    Is becoming undead, I think...

i think a shit storm is brewin here, in before 200 replies about undead paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not this thread again...

Anyway yeah Sir Zelik in Naxx can use Holy Spells and that forsaken Batholomew dude in the argent dawn IS NOT A PALLY he is a warrior of some sort who works the argent dawn. Although this is off topic and ill probably get flamed, but if a Forsaken ex-paladin whos been round since the fall of Lordareon eventually started to believe that what he was doing was just and right for the horde, but mainly the forsaken, e.g. killing alliance or even just killing undead scourge around the place whilst putting up with the intense pain he would feel while casting holy spells, then hell yeah bring on the Forsaken Paladins. Btw this so called 'pain' forsaken feel when casting holy spells is only referenced in some old RP book, so forsaken paladins are not out of the question and realistically forsaken should have gotten paladins > tauren and not recieved hunters, because think about it, what sought of animal would want to chill with a smelly forsaken?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a few of them, actually. The most famous example, however, is Sir Zeliek in Naxxramas.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Umm a spider, snake or bat?

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Not this thread again...

Anyway yeah Sir Zelik in Naxx can use Holy Spells and that forsaken Batholomew dude in the argent dawn IS NOT A PALLY he is a warrior of some sort who works the argent dawn. Although this is off topic and ill probably get flamed, but if a Forsaken ex-paladin whos been round since the fall of Lordareon eventually started to believe that what he was doing was just and right for the horde, but mainly the forsaken, e.g. killing alliance or even just killing undead scourge around the place whilst putting up with the intense pain he would feel while casting holy spells, then hell yeah bring on the Forsaken Paladins. Btw this so called 'pain' forsaken feel when casting holy spells is only referenced in some old RP book, so forsaken paladins are not out of the question and realistically forsaken should have gotten paladins > tauren and not recieved hunters, because think about it, what sought of animal would want to chill with a smelly forsaken?

undead paladins is just all types of wrong in any type of fantasy roleplaying game created.

it just doesn't fit the class to be undead.

Light = Life.

dark = death.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khathrok View Post
    undead paladins is just all types of wrong in any type of fantasy roleplaying game created.

Light = Life.

dark = death.
    His mind is still pure and human though, that's the thing.

Here are his quotes:
    Aggro
    * Flee, before it's too late!

Killing a Player
    * Forgive me!

Special
    * I... I have no choice but to obey!

Taunts
    * Invaders, cease this foolish venture at once! Turn away while you still can!
    * Perhaps they will come to their senses, and run away as fast as they can!
    * Do not continue! Turn back while there's still time!

Death
    * It is... as it should be
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    His mind is still pure and human though, that's the thing.

Here are his quotes:
    Aggro
    * Flee, before it's too late!

Killing a Player
    * Forgive me!

Special
    * I... I have no choice but to obey!

Taunts
    * Invaders, cease this foolish venture at once! Turn away while you still can!
    * Perhaps they will come to their senses, and run away as fast as they can!
    * Do not continue! Turn back while there's still time!

Death
    * It is... as it should be
    If you are referencing Sir Zelik, then yeah you are right. His is controlled by Arthas (or was he controlled by Kel Thurzud?) I dunno for sure... anyway while you fight him he tells you that he is basically sorry and even gives the impression that while he is 'beatin on yo ass, that he believes what is doing is right or something something to some extent. Anyway thats Pally 'shit right there and forsaken in general are ACTUALLY human. Just because they are rotting and stuff doesnt mean they are evil zombies who just want to eat brains

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    If you are referencing Sir Zelik, then yeah you are right. His is controlled by Arthas (or was he controlled by Kel Thurzud?) I dunno for sure... anyway while you fight him he tells you that he is basically sorry and even gives the impression that while he is 'beatin on yo ass, that he believes what is doing is right or something something to some extent.
    He doesn't believe it to be right, and he doesn't think it is a good thing, he is kind of unique. His body is being controlled by the Lich King, while his mind is still that of his normal self. So he knows he shouldn't be doing it, but there is nothing he can do to stop his body moving to the will of the lich king.

Quote Originally Posted by Khathrok View Post

Yet this would fit in exactly with WarCraft style. Dark elves being good, orcs, and etc. (don't need to redefine all that).

Here's the way I would go about Forsaken Paladin:
    1. Blood Elves essentially stole the power by enslaving a Naru.
    2. Forsaken use to be human, and some of them were once paladins. (Yes, something about paladins being immune to the plague because of the Light, but not all had such a strong connection / training).
    3. Sylvanas use to be a High Elf, and is now the leader of the Forsaken (see where this is going?)
    4. She says, "hey neighbors since you already figured out how to harness that power, there are a few of my peeps that would like to get that back. Mind helping out? After all I am practically family!"

Obviously Blizzard didn't go this route, but it could have easily worked. On a side note, I would love to see the Blood Elves and Forsaken establish closer ties - could be quite a fun combo.

Cataclysm concepts for your enjoyment:
    T11 shoulders || Shadow Hunter Hero Class

One issue is that Paladins ultimately become a vessel of the Light. They store it within themselves, and technically, that would eradicate the Forsaken in question.

Leave it be. No Forsaken Paladins for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    One issue is that Paladins ultimately become a vessel of the Light. They store it within themselves, and technically, that would eradicate the Forsaken in question.

Leave it be. No Forsaken Paladins for you.
    Remember that they don't have to make the lore a 100% carbon copy from any of existing paladin cultures. Forsaken could be something slightly different. Perhaps an attempt by Leonid Barthalomew to keep the Forsaken from heading all the way down the path to Scourge 2.0.

Everyone needs some evil and some good in their faction. Forsaken being 100% evil in the lore will just paint them into a corner. Forsaken warriors who shackle themselves with the light (and not in the 'shackle undead' way.. just that it's something they can't change their mind on), enduring the pain, for the role of redeeming their kind. They'd be an oddity in their culture the same way that holy preists are.. like orc/human warlocks are.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZIM View Post
    Remember that they don't have to make the lore a 100% carbon copy from any of existing paladin cultures. Forsaken could be something slightly different. Perhaps an attempt by Leonid Barthalomew to keep the Forsaken from heading all the way down the path to Scourge 2.0.

Everyone needs some evil and some good in their faction. Forsaken being 100% evil in the lore will just paint them into a corner. Forsaken warriors who shackle themselves with the light (and not in the 'shackle undead' way.. just that it's something they can't change their mind on), enduring the pain, for the role of redeeming their kind. They'd be an oddity in their culture the same way that holy preists are.. like orc/human warlocks are.
    Technically, holy priests are a gameplay issue, not a lore issue.

Recent lore has confirmed that should a forsaken get healed by the light or channel the light it hurts them *badly*. It was compared to cauterization - it's not healed because it's fixed, but because you burned the hell out of it.

Are they somewhat in a corner? Sure. But really, what else can you do with zombies that now have no purpose, hate their life, and yet don't want to die?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarlac View Post
    Yet this would fit in exactly with WarCraft style. Dark elves being good, orcs, and etc. (don't need to redefine all that).

1. Blood Elves essentially stole the power by enslaving a Naru.
    2. Forsaken use to be human, and some of them were once paladins. (Yes, something about paladins being immune to the plague because of the Light, but not all had such a strong connection / training).
    3. Sylvanas use to be a High Elf, and is now the leader of the Forsaken (see where this is going?)
    4. She says, "hey neighbors since you already figured out how to harness that power, there are a few of my peeps that would like to get that back. Mind helping out? After all I am practically family!"

Obviously Blizzard didn't go this route, but it could have easily worked. On a side note, I would love to see the Blood Elves and Forsaken establish closer ties - could be quite a fun combo.
    Sure, it's do-able, but I don't think it will happen. :<

I mean, we've got some strange class combos at this point, but I can't associate Paladin with Undead, unless it's a Hammer of Wrath meeting a Skull. If Blizz were to implement them, there would be no end to the ridicule, since it's such a stretch of the believable (Ironic, believability in a video game).

The lore can make it work, but the Players would break it.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarlac View Post
    None of the Forsaken were Paladins. They were immune. If you want Forsaken Paladins, they'd need to create a special legion of Shadow/Dread Knights who manipulate shadow magic.

EJL