Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I was under the (possibly false) impression that the Forsaken channel shadow magic to heal, and only use holy for gameplay reasons. No matter how righteous the mind, I am fairly certain that any contact from a necromatic animated body with holy light will result in the utter destruction of the former.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The Reanimated Crusaders in Icecrown are NOT paladins.
    I didn't say they were, I was just linking it because that is what the OP might have been thinking of.

The day i see an UD paladin playable class in this game i can quit wow lol :P.
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

we can be priests can't we? why not just sword swinging priests?

people who were paladins in life, so devoted that when the plague took their bodies the light preserved they're soul?

undead seeking atonement in the eyes of the light for being monsters

(as far as im concerned as long as the first half of the first point is true any argument against is bullocks)

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    There is Sir Zeliek, but players aren't Sir Zeliek and they won't ever be as powerfull as Sir Zeliek.
    um, yeah, if zeliek was by himself he could be easily soloed by almost any class...

Stop it... just.. stop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagnaphein View Post
    The day i see an UD paladin playable class in this game i can quit wow lol :P.
    Thats silly... why would you quit because a race received a new class which is feasible? Thats like saying you would move countries if Australia got a space program. Fail logic is fail.

Paladins wield the Holy Light as a weapon.

When the former citizens of Lordaeron were released from the grip of the Lich King by Sylvanas, they found themselves unable to call upon the power of the Light, as it had forsaken them in undeath.

Though most Forsaken priests devote themselves to the Forgotten Shadow, some more disciplined priests are able to channel the Light even though it burns them horribly. They also keep their faith in the Shadow instead of the Light - they use the Light as a mere tool, nothing more.

Paladins are warriors who are devoted to the Holy Light and are always bathed in it's power. Not only do the Forsaken not believe in the Light, it hurts them like no other to even use it. A Forsaken paladin is the most unlikely race/class combination that there is.

Also, if there truly is a Forsaken who (even though he wouldn't actually be a Forsaken) still maintains his connection to the Light, do you really think he would ally with the rest of the undead?
    Last edited by Horrify; 2010-11-03 at 07:01 AM.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Horrify View Post
    ... Paladins are warriors who are devoted to the Holy Light and are always bathed in it's power. Not only do the Forsaken not believe in the Light, it hurts them like no other to even use it. A Forsaken paladin is the most unlikely race/class combination that there is.

Also, if there truly is a Forsaken who (even though he wouldn't actually be a Forsaken) still maintains his connection to the Light, do you really think he would ally with the rest of the undead?
    Just because it hurts them doesn't mean there isn't a story/quest line reason they do it. In many quest lines, it has been said that the light doesn't ignore anyone. The Forsaken simply chose to ignore the light on Sylvanas's command. The priesthood has been 'ignoring' that command to do their job properly. The Cult of the Forgotten Shadow never seemed to be a mandatory forsaken institution - not all forsaken follow that religion.

Forsaken are outcasts no matter what they do, most other races simply prejudge them as all being evil, which then the player base usually assumes too.

The other possibility would be that they don't use the light at all, and turn to the powers of the Val'kyr and use them in their religious practices. In the same way the tauren are using the 'sun' and twilight paladins are worshiping the old gods. There is nothing to say that a new forsaken/val'kyr religious order isn't on the way that includes 'religious warriors'. All priests would probably be retconned to use this new valkyr power as well, I assume.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...d=272900880183
    The rule to take away is not all paladins have to follow the light specifically to make use of their powers. Paladins who follow the light will be on the side of good/right/etc. Religion is their power.
    Last edited by RAZIM; 2010-11-03 at 02:56 PM.

With the current lore, Forsaken paladins are an impossibility. Blizzard would have to write up a new story to include them in the game.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.