Why are bgs not in level increments of 5

Why doesn't blizzard make battlegrounds in level increments of 5 instead of 10?

While leveling my toon to 80 I enjoy doing battlegrounds and dungeons to break up the monotony of quests. So I do a battleground nearly at each level, especially as I get closer to level 80. Obviously at a low level I have a very little chance to match up to a high level. I understand that low levels can still do a lot of damage and the stategy of focusing on lower levels myself. However, the wide range of levels takes away some the competition of battlegrounds, which takes away some of the fun too. I just think battlegrounds would be more enjoyable while playing against toons of more similar levels.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is probably a queue times issue.

However, after they merge all the battlegroups together... I don't see why not.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Sounds like a great idea. That would also make it to where there should be no gray levels in there, as a 19, a 15 still grants an honor kill.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would have to Agree. We should all send a Petition to blizzard about it. For realz.
    I always hated being the level ten in full "Binds to Account" gear getting rolled over by a level 15+.
    Never did like being 70 getting walloped by a 79 either.

Made by Ariyana!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamato View Post
    I always hated being the level ten in full "Binds to Account" gear getting rolled over by a level 15+.
    Trust me, the level 15+ being 1-shotted by a level 10 in full "Binds to Account" gear hates it more (hello, Shadowstep->Ambush).

Deleted
    Queue times would go from the current "oh dear" to "oh dear, oh dear". As it stands, in our battlegroup, the sub-60 queue is just mind bogglingly long, a while back when I was leveling my huntard I had a queue of 4+ hours in the 40-50 bracket. Even 60-70 and 70-80 depending on the day can take tens of minutes if not an hour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    Trust me, the level 15+ being 1-shotted by a level 10 in full "Binds to Account" gear hates it more (hello, Shadowstep->Ambush).
    /agree

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by relium View Post
    Why doesn't blizzard make battlegrounds in level increments of 5 instead of 10?
    I too am in favor of this

Post merge, why stop at increments of 5? There's 13 battlegroups. Even if every level had its own bracket, ques would still be shorter with 13 times as many players queuing as there are right now.

Actually I'd expect even more than 13 times the bgers queuing, since as it stands, most everyone lvl < X5ish doesn't queue at all. Could be a whole mini-resurrection of alt pvp...

Although I heard someone mention the merge only affected rated bgs. Confirm/deny?