New severs for Cataclysm

Hey Folks,
    This is my first time through an expansion so I don't know much about it.
    I was wondering if there will be new servers opened on the release day, because that will be so damn awesome to start a new guy with everyone else
    Also, I'm expecting quite abit of lag. How long will it usually stay?

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't count on it. Although they haven't announced one way or another to my knowledge, they're more likely to try and get people onto the dead servers than make new ones.

There probably won't be any new servers opening, because they WoW population didn't rise alot in Wotlk. Also there's still quite a few servers tagged with 'Recommended'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep they usually offer free transfers to low pop realms before new ones are created (U.S Realms mainly) Sometimes they open new Oceanic realms, but not likely yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should merge some servers tbh, like Lightbringer, that server is so depressing (Hello to you guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Here in Russian region we have several servers with only one fraction players. Total domination Merging would be fun... For some time until alliance or horde runs away.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Wow i just looked at realm stats to see which ones are likely to have free transfers and holy crap realm active accounts are way way down on most realms.

I play on a low pop "recommended" realm and would rather it stays that way, screw your server mergers.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Don't count on it. Although they haven't announced one way or another to my knowledge, they're more likely to try and get people onto the dead servers than make new ones.
    Exactly. Why buy additional hardware to open up new servers when you could just advertise low-pop servers? What difference does it make to you as a gamer? The AQ gates are already open, you aren't very likely to get any WotLK server first achievements because someone else will always be more hardcore than you, and even if, no one would care.

If your main reason is the lag on your current server, just start a new char on a low-pop server or even transfer your main with the occasional free transfers.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

EDIT: I failed, sorry. didn't mean to post lol
    Last edited by Charblaze; 2010-11-02 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    They should merge some servers tbh, like Lightbringer, that server is so depressing (Hello to you guys
    You must have come visited us on the horde side. Just so you know, LB one of (if not) the biggest alliance PVE servers. Does get pretty quiet in /2 horde side at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane View Post
    Does get pretty quiet in /2 horde side at night.
    Paradise!
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Hopefully there wont be new servers.
    I remember the two new germany servers when TBC was released.
    After 2 months they were "ghostservers". Everyone quit or transfered his toon.
    There is really no sense in launching new servers when cata hits.

Why would you want to spend your time in some sewers when there's a whole new world to explore out there?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Why would you want to spend your time in some sewers when there's a whole new world to explore out there?
    Reading fail

Quote Originally Posted by Cane View Post
    You must have come visited us on the horde side. Just so you know, LB one of (if not) the biggest alliance PVE servers. Does get pretty quiet in /2 horde side at night.
    I like Lightbringer Horde side...err...did before my guild fell apart

15+ Year Old Account
    As has been said, getting people to play on the nearly empty servers is and should be a bigger priority than opening new ones. I think my server hovers around medium to low and it feels empty as hell, at least on horde side, and I know there are much worse, so new servers would do nothing but harm.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post
    Reading fail
    It was actually a joke, you know.