Simple = Better?

I was just looking the 1st Tier of Cataclysm gear sets.
    The PvP sets seem to be A LOT less extravagant then their PvE counterparts.

Am I the only one who thinks more flaming spikes does not always equal better?
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

its only the first tier for goodness sake

10+ Year Old Account
    think if the WOTLK pvp sets. those looks sucked but they got beter by the season. Same will be done with the Cata pvp sets

Mmmm. Didnt the WotLK PvP set's pretty much so not change? lol
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Pvp sets always looks a lot less fancy.
    Think we had a blue in Bc or early wotlk that said that it wasn't armor of old heroes, but armor forged for the gladiators of the horde/alliance.
    No need to look heroic, just need to be functional

Quote Originally Posted by Dethric View Post
    Pvp sets always looks a lot less fancy.
    Think we had a blue in Bc or early wotlk that said that it wasn't armor of old heroes, but armor forged for the gladiators of the horde/alliance.
    No need to look heroic, just need to be functional
    BC PvP sets were copies of tier gear.

You high?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    Mmmm. Didnt the WotLK PvP set's pretty much so not change? lol
    Anyone wan't to tell me what this means?

Also the pvp-gear looks simpler just because it's not made of dragon nipples.

The pvp gear they love to build up season by season, it starts out simple and gets a few additions every season till the final one and then boom its all evil and such, watch out for the dk set, if that gets added on to it will look insane.
    Former Heroic raid lead for <Zeroes to Heroes> @ Stormrage-US Alliance @ Cryogenic-Stormrage

I prefer PvE design with insane amounts flames and spikes and stuff This is a high fantasy game, after all.

It makes sense for the PvP sets to look simple though, since they are handed out by the alliance/horde, rather than found in dungeons. They're supposed to be functional gladiator armor and not magical artifacts.
    Last edited by Lugo Moll; 2010-11-02 at 11:38 AM.

Every I mean EVERY ICC/Ulduar/Totgc weapon is worse looking than BWL ones. That says a lot...

I can't help but cringe at the sight of the RIDICULOUS T11 design. I mean, just look at DK or mage. Anyone wearing this will end up looking like an idiot. Like the undead clown from hell.

I liked dungeon 1 and 3. You actually looked like your class without resembling the schizoid love child of Elton John and Boy George.

Deleted
    I love the concept of simplier items. Less fire, sparkle, towering shoulderpads and giant-sized helms. Although I do like tier 11. All of them. Well, maybe except hunter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I can't help but cringe at the sight of the RIDICULOUS T11 design. I mean, just look at DK or mage. Anyone wearing this will end up looking like an idiot. Like the undead clown from hell.

I liked dungeon 1 and 3. You actually looked like your class without resembling the schizoid love child of Elton John and Boy George.
    Uhhhhhh, I really hope you don't download 4.1 and have to look at that love child in the form of Ragna-fucking-ros for an entire content cycle.
    BfA Beta Time