Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    i also get this problem and what blankets it for me is if i set it to windowed mode, then get on a FP or something, then alt tab, like now posting this, and it won't DC me.

Same problem here, never happened before the patch.

I'll go on wowhead to check something for half a minute while on flight path, and I'll alt-tab back to "you have been disconnected from server". Super annoying :P

Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    thing that might have changed: interface configuration
    try enabling windowed mode again, it might have been deactivated. also just windows-key out of wow instead of alt+tab, works for me
    I can try windowed mode but I never used it in the past when alt tabbing out. I've actually disabled my windows keys in the registry not that it's hard to undo.

---------- Post added 2010-11-02 at 02:12 PM ----------

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....89669963&sid=1

Seems it's a common issue. Even the blue poster says he's had this issue. It does sound like a game bug rather than a user issue even if there might be ways to avoid it happening. Hopefully it's somewhere on their list of things to fix.

1 thing that does seem to work and stop the DC's is changing "display mode" in the video settings from "full screen" to "windowed fullscreen". I just did this and flew from dalaran to stars rest without any dc's and I haven't bothered changing anything with the max background or max foreground fps.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2010-11-02 at 02:27 PM.