Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    on live i tank with a 2 hander + shield in fury talents. works fine fast que time never had anyone complain might be cause of the 264 + 277 gear.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    DPS tanking in WotLK is perfectly fine. It most certainly won't be acceptable come Cata if things shape up the way they are (thank god)

There are few things more frustrating then someone pulling extra mobs while judgement, consecrate and shield are on cooldown.

Except maybe getting extra mobs on my DK when all my runes are on cooldown.

That said, most things can be tanked by anyone and I don't *really* mind that much unless the person is being an asshat about it. As long as the healer is decently geared though, I'm usually pulling 4-10 mobs at a time (instance permitting) and I don't think most dps can say I'm slow about it.
    Last edited by Miedo; 2010-11-05 at 05:37 PM. Reason: adding info

I don't really mind when people pull agro, but if you're pulling ahead you've just become the tank. If you can tank then my job is null. At that point I do one of two things

a) I'm lazy and just auto follow you. Finish the dungeon for me please.

b) I pull every mob in the dungeon, bubble, pop a speed pot, hand of salv myself, and go find a good place to hearth. Let's see you be a real tank.

I que as a tank, stay ret and heal myself. Easy and fast instances are win. Still most of the time I have more health then tanks anyways.

Because its harder to heal. I dont know about you, but i queue as healer because i want to chill out in the background, poppin' some heals when needed and thats a little harder when you get a dps-tank. Maybe im a bad healer, but i only heal hcs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gesen View Post
    Ok I play an Enhancement shaman full 277 and 284 weapons pull decent threat against the avg geared tank.. Now with that I try not to be a arrogant prick that often,when doing the daily random until I obviously don't get healed.
    I try to speed up the instance bu pullingxtra trash that i can control i/e 1 or 2 packs maybe an occasion 3 pack if it has a healer in it.
    Now I don't ask for much I use sham rage defensively and and wolves as well often rotating them save maelstrom 5's for a greater healing wave to top me off Etc.
    Now on occasion I might get hit a little harder then expected and I try to play def. so that way its less stress on the heals and the pulls go twice as fast in some cases.. sure it might only save 5 mins of the groups time but if its not hurting anything then why is it that so many tanks and heals complain about me pulling shit Im not a tank do your job just DPS.

Now I'm not trygin to call anyone bad or anything or trying to troll I'm just asking for general opinions on why those people who do get mad at DPS tanking a pull here and there but not causing any harm why does this irritate you so much... Like whats the logic behind it?

G
    you would not enjoy my groups.

i tank...you pull off me or pull ahead of me, its your mob.

now the tricky part is, my healer friend. if he sees you do that, he wont heal you.

and my dps friend, he wont pass a vote kick off on either of us.

so your stuck quitting and taking a deserter buff, trying to wipe us as we laugh at you. Or play by our rules.

we wont vote to kick you, we hate speed players. we only use LFD for a easy to find 2 other players. instead we will use the LFD tool to port out of the dungeon and wait until you leave.

i wont lie...it never gets old, and the tyrades we recieve often get them banned if only temporarily. yet, we have not been successfully banned as of yet. go figure
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster