When are they going to fix gathering professions?

So I have a new druid toon and my plan was to level up herbalism while questing for obvious reasons...but I have this stupid bug where whenever I log off and back on and try to herb something it says 'Requires Herbalism' even though in my spellbook it says my skill is well above what I need.... The only way I'm able to fix this is to unlearn and relearn but then that's stupid because the same thing happens every time I log. I put in a ticket about it and 2 days later I got a mail that says 'We are aware of this problem'.

So...has Blizzard said if and when they are going to fix it? Does it only affect people who learn a gathering skill after the last patch? Or if you level it up to a certain point will it not bug out when you log off? I think my highest skill that I lost was about 100 and was like screw that then. However, if someone can CONFIRM that leveling it to a certain point will make it no longer vulnerable to that bug then I will find it worth it to skill up again. Thanks!

i haven't heard about this, sounds like a massive problem that needs to be fixed asap if you have to keep dropping and re-learning, only thing i can say is maybe play a different char for a few days until its sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Devia View Post
    So I have a new druid toon and my plan was to level up herbalism while questing for obvious reasons...but I have this stupid bug where whenever I log off and back on and try to herb something it says 'Requires Herbalism' even though in my spellbook it says my skill is well above what I need.... The only way I'm able to fix this is to unlearn and relearn but then that's stupid because the same thing happens every time I log. I put in a ticket about it and 2 days later I got a mail that says 'We are aware of this problem'.

So...has Blizzard said if and when they are going to fix it? Does it only affect people who learn a gathering skill after the last patch? Or if you level it up to a certain point will it not bug out when you log off? I think my highest skill that I lost was about 100 and was like screw that then. However, if someone can CONFIRM that leveling it to a certain point will make it no longer vulnerable to that bug then I will find it worth it to skill up again. Thanks!

Delete (or rename) your WTF folder when your getting the error/missing the profession icon from your spellbook and see if this cures it. I've only seen 3 people mention this bug on my realm and clearing the WTF folder has fixed them all successfully (just means you have to sort keybindings, settings out again). To my knowledge none of them have had the issue reoccur once they did this.

Deleted
    Happened once to me with alchemy. I deleted the WTF and Cache folder, which is the first thing you should do when such a bug happens.
    Then I went to the alchemy trainer, had to learn one recipe, and everything is fine since then.

Thanks guys! I will try that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Try making a ticket too if that doesnt work