Cross Account Character Transfer?

So, a long time ago I had let my younger brother to play on my account(he paid some euros for it tho) and now he would like to have his own account and stick to his druid. Is this possible to transfer a character from my account to his account(the same surname)? And if it is, is that paid service or not?
    S.H.

i belive its paid character transfer but insteed of choosing new realm you choose new account

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    i belive its paid character transfer but insteed of choosing new realm you choose new account
    ^this. i've done that long time ago. i don't know if it works between two different bnet accounts /shrug
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

I can confirm it, I do it with my brother all the time, as long it have the same last name is all good.

I just hope that he wouldn't have to buy vanilla,BC,wotlk and Cata and then also pay 20E ;s
    S.H.

I had a similar situation.

I agreed to transfer my Druid to my kid brother as part of his Christmas present along with his own account.

I set up a new Bnet account under my name and just paid for the character transfer (£15). You have the option to pick which ever realm you want to move it too in addition to the account move.
    Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor.

15+ Year Old Account
    what if the 2 accounts have different last names? anyway of transfering toons?

you can transfer to a different account, and even a different battle.net account(that one i'm not sure of)

either way, the 2 accounts must have the same first and last name on them, so unfortunately while your brother may have his own account, it'll still be under your name.

You can transfer ONLY between accounts that have the same last name, and then on top of that if you want to play tbc or wotlk on the new account, you also have to buy the expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultharwe View Post
    you can transfer to a different account, and even a different battle.net account(that one i'm not sure of)

either way, the 2 accounts must have the same first and last name on them, so unfortunately while your brother may have his own account, it'll still be under your name.
    Oh yes forgot to mention that, first time I was met by "my own name" talking to me on real ID I was slightly freaked out.
    Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor.

***I only know all of this because I had the exact same problem and spent forever on it.

What you gotta do is create a second WoW account on the battle.net account, and then transfer the character to that new account. It is a paid transfer, and you will need to update the new account to WotLK/Cataclysm status $$$. You will then be able to both play at the same time, but it will be under the same battle.net name.

If you want to have your own battle.net name then you will need to call blizzard support to allow that character transfer. (I haven't done this part but it's what I found out).

Also, just fyi it breaks the ToS to have more than 1 person on a WoW account, unless one of them is a legal dependent of the other i.e. Father/Son relationship. But since you've got the same last name you should be able to get around this to get your own battle.net name.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know you guys could connect both accounts to 1 Bnet account? Prolly make it a lot easier and yes, you can play at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by MrVargr View Post
    You know you guys could connect both accounts to 1 Bnet account? Prolly make it a lot easier and yes, you can play at the same time.
    hmm but both would need the same name on it? I mean, if you play both at the same time and both characters are at different places... its prettu obvious for blizzard that two persons are sharing the battle.net account, and that is against the rules. I would fuse my girlfriend and my battle.net accounts, would that be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultharwe View Post

Unless they change their policy recently, I doubt it, both me and my brother have different first names and we use them on our account and we can transfer characters to each other with no problems. Las time I transfered was in June or July this year. and we each have our own battle net accounts. He have my paladin and I have his Death Knight and his Druid. Also Gave my little brother My Warrior and he has his own battle net and is under his first name too.
    Last edited by Belian; 2010-11-02 at 04:48 PM.

Oki got a question. I want to buy gift of Warcraft that is an awesome occasion to get my young brother a separate account but how should I do that?
    Will there be any possible problem(durging cross-account transfer) if I create an account with the same name as I got on my actual one, but another e-mail?