is there such thing as too much polish?

Can you oversimplify and over-order your UI? I'm in the process of color-coordinating my UI. I'm starting to feel like i'm looking at a magic eye poster. Does anyone else ever get this?

yes i also grew tired of redoing it every patch so i gave up on it and use the in game ui with a few add-ons that are really necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    *puts on rose tinted glasses...

this looks perfect!

Well honestly, if you enjoy polishing, why not do it? I for one, enjoy re-doing my UI

Deleted
    Wow, I posted in the completely wrong topic.

To contribute and make myself look like less of a tool, I've tried to do a 'proper' UI about...4 times now, but I can never force myself to stop looking up at the top left to check my HP. I guess after so many years of the default UI, I can't get out of that habit.
    Last edited by mmoc350bad3c21; 2010-11-02 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephilia View Post
    Well honestly, if you enjoy polishing, why not do it? I for one, enjoy re-doing my UI
    i'm not really just talking about redoing the UI. I'm talking about being scrupulous with it. I began to feel like i was actually taking away from its flavor by harking on the little things. It could just be me. I could just have worked on it too much lately. not sure.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Many UI builders harp on the little things. Check out Zork's work the Cataclysm edition of RothUI, over at WoWI's "Post Your Interface" thread - he's got insane levels of texture details.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im still running addons from 3 years ago. only had to re-do my UI once or so every year and only a few addons needed tweaking.