Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    They arnt his tables, they were originally posted on Greatschocks mage guide over on manaflask.com ( Ensidia and For the Hordes new website ).
    I'm still stealing them (==)
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    I'm still stealing them (==)
    loled

In ICC more times than not i have pyromaniac up 100%. are those maths calculating this or not?

Pyromaniac is bugged... it doesn't fall off properly in all cases, such as when mobs despawn on gunship.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryssa View Post
    Pyromaniac is bugged... it doesn't fall off properly in all cases, such as when mobs despawn on gunship.
    It indeed is, I had it on for Deathbringer Saurfang after gunship, even after speccing to arcane. Loved the boost.

Deleted
    Yes, thanks for a popular and quite informative thread about haste. However I would still like an answer to my previous question:
    And what's the best way to maximize AoE damage? How many enemies should be around you for you to start AoE'ing?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burf View Post
    Yes, thanks for a popular and quite informative thread about haste. However I would still like an answer to my previous question:
    Well, AoE cap is at 10 mobs, so anywhere between 3-10 would be optimal, since otherwise, the damage gets capped as if there were 10 mobs.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    You've only got 32% haste then. The 30.75% amount to reach an additional tick is what you need BEFORE 2/3 NP and 5% haste from Wrath of Air or Mind Quickening. Get a SPriest or a Shaman to group with you and provide the extra 5% and you should see additional ticks.
    Dunno what am I doing wrong, but even after getting myself to around 42% (not counting 2% from NP) I'm still seeing ignite tick twice. You sure haste affects it ?

Haste does not affect ignite.
    Last edited by Cryssa; 2010-11-08 at 02:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It used to, those bastards!!!!
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    Ignite is not affected by haste, the sometimes 3 ticks that occurs, is simply due to another spell critting before the ignite has had a chance to tick, this will then split up the damage into 3 ticks

its sort of complicated and is a real mess atm so the above statement is just a very simplified way of explainining it, but its not affected by haste
    Quoting myself here from 2nd page, ignite has never been affected by haste, what we're seeing is simply a workaround regarding the new dot mechanic, where refreshed dots continues to tick as normal, its a lot more detailed over on EJ if you wanna have a read
    Last edited by Micke; 2010-11-08 at 03:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It used to... blizz crushed my dreams when they took it away :*(

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    ignite has never been affected by haste
    It used to

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how the ignite haste thing is an issue. As I've understood it (please, oh please, DO correct me if I'm wrong), Ignite always dealt a set amount of damage. The only thing haste would affect (when it did) was how long the ignite DoT lasted and over how many ticks the damage was spread. The actual damage from ignite wouldn't change at all. The only thing that would change is whether or not we'd get insanely high ignite ticks or if we'd get a steady DoT. I personally liked the huge ticks that would occasionally pay a visit.

The unhasted ignite also gives a chance to much much higher combustions. Imagine the juiciness of combusting when the target is about to get an ignite tick of 100k. Thanks a lot ignite, you just net me around 500k damage in a global. Appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisaw View Post
    It used to
    No, that wasn't true haste effect, it was more like a bug or a temporary unfinished tinkering from blizzards side

You can read about it here: http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t97231-c...e_changes/p12/ post 287

15+ Year Old Account
    It was never specifically stated that it wouldn't work with haste, just that it would never crit. During my PTR testing, the only time I could get a third tick in was when I had Pyromaniac and PtL up, so who knows. Ignite being affected by haste is pretty much a wash anyway, since you will never see the extra tick due to rolling.
    BfA Beta Time

Since this is here, I'll ask.

I recently hit 80, did a shitload of heroics, and ran a ICC10 (which will hopefully finish tonight), and now I'm sitting at 39% crit, about 3400 sp, and only ~17% haste. I've been reforging haste and crit when I can, and will get my 4th piece of t10 tonight which should push me up over 40% crit and about 20% haste. I can pretty easily switch out quite a few gems for either crit or haste, as I have been so fast and furious getting everything together that I haven't had a lot of time to do my homework and gemmed straight intellect while trying to stay at the hit cap.

I played with it a bit last night, and while not terrible, I'm obviously missing quite a bit of haste. Would it be beneficial to replace all of my int gems with haste? Doing that, I'd lose about 240 spellpower, not including the change from the robe upgrade (small - 245 to 251), but could gain a good bit of haste from it.

Or, should I just go back to frost and leave fire alone?

15+ Year Old Account
    flargen: only if you can hit the magic number for a sixth tick of ignite (read through the thread for details). Otherwise, you're at a good point for haste. You should be swapping those pure int gems to int/crit gems if they're in a yellow socket. And swap any pure int in blue sockets to int/hit (if you're over cap, reforge a piece of item with hit on it to crit or haste).

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    flargen: only if you can hit the magic number for a sixth tick of ignite (read through the thread for details). Otherwise, you're at a good point for haste. You should be swapping those pure int gems to int/crit gems if they're in a yellow socket. And swap any pure int in blue sockets to int/hit (if you're over cap, reforge a piece of item with hit on it to crit or haste).
    Ok, thanks for the information. I've been sitting pretty much right at the Draenei hit cap, have exactly 420 rating right now which with my racial puts me at 17.01%. I will re-gem and see where I stand.

Deleted
    Thanks for the answers, how about the rotation for AoE-ing?