Page 1 of 3
LastLast

"Launcher cannot obtain patching information"

I've noticed a few others having this problem when trying to log in tonight. Any ideas as to what is going on? Any help would be appreciated.

I haven't had any errors but I've got the "applying non-critical updates" deal. Probably more stuff related to the pre-cata events.

I have the same problem as of around 5 pm yesterday. I was playing, then all of a sudden I got booted off the server, and everytime I try to run wow again, I get the pop up saying "launcher cannot obtain patching information." I even tried deleting wow and reloading but its still not working.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had this the other day. It sounds odd but open your internet options (in control panel) and reset it to default. That fixed it for me.

Tried that...still can't open launcher. Thanks though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disabling the firewall workd for me

I had it, shortly after fiddling my proxy about and using a different IP address, if you've changed that at all try deleting the IP and port in the net options and set it to the system defaults, worked for me. Though it may have only been coincidence.

It seems to be a Time Warner Cable issue for residents of S.C. and N.C. This a known issue with Blizzard and TWC. Their (TWC) "engineers are currently working to resolve this issue" and "should" be fixed in the next hour or two. YEAHHHH...RIIGGGHHT
    Btw...thanks for all the suggestions.

Gonna kick this thread because it just started happening to me this morning. I was downloading the patch just fine. Got ~30MB into the 1GB download and it dropped me.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

It's happening to just about everyone, in some way shape or form. It isn't us -- it's on their end. The best thing you can do is wait it out. Even people who have attempted a repair end up with the same result.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can be easily bypassed. All you do is close the launcher, and start it again. It did worked for me.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Just keep spamming the launcher. It will eventually get the patch information. It worked for me and a few others.

I had this same problem and did some searching of issues in the official WoW forums and what worked for me was to just keep closing it off when this error popped up and reopening the launcher. Eventually after about 10 tries of doing this it worked fine for me. Don't give up, just keep trying and see if it eventually works and maybe it'll work for you like it did me.

Anyone interested will be accepted. We're looking for members and hope to have a good pleasant gaming environment for anyone interested.
    http://www.swtor.com/guilds/75960/vi...-breeds-mayhem

all you have to do is run the repair in your WoW folder and it will fix it
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

10+ Year Old Account
    I took Faceless' advice and kept reopening the Launcher and... it actually worked! Thanks!
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Deleted

Here's the thing...

WoW Launcher works with internet explorer.. so...

Try checking your internet security program first. If you have rules in its program list to let the beta through, go to Internet Explorer -> File, then make sure Work Offline isn't checked. Also check Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Connection -> LAN Settings and make sure your proxy information is correct. If you don't use a proxy, make sure that everything is unchecked and hit OK. If that doesn't work, go back there and try toggling your Automatically detect settings box, then hit OK. Try the game again. If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, you may have to right-click the game and start it up as an administrator to get write access.

I sometimes get that too but usually its something wrong with my internet connections, maybe you could restart the router and see if it helps?

Quote Originally Posted by MrCodexCY View Post
    WoW Launcher works with internet explorer.. so...

Try checking your internet security program first. If you have rules in its program list to let the beta through, go to Internet Explorer -> File, then make sure Work Offline isn't checked. Also check Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Connection -> LAN Settings and make sure your proxy information is correct. If you don't use a proxy, make sure that everything is unchecked and hit OK. If that doesn't work, go back there and try toggling your Automatically detect settings box, then hit OK. Try the game again. If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, you may have to right-click the game and start it up as an administrator to get write access.
    Yeah so I just got this message, the problem for me was that my internet explorer for some reason decided to put itself in "work offline" mode because of some recent disconnects. Turn off "work offline" and it should allow you to open up your launcher.

I'm getting this problem this morning but I have a feeling it is blizzard's servers. I'm online and functioning fine except WoW. Even the repair says it cannot connect to blizzard's servers.

Quote Originally Posted by NytWolf View Post
    I'm getting this problem this morning but I have a feeling it is blizzard's servers. I'm online and functioning fine except WoW. Even the repair says it cannot connect to blizzard's servers.
    Agreeing with you since even the battle.net servers are down it seems