Exclamation Searing Flames + Fire Elemental

Why not make it Fire Elemental instead of Searing Totem? Think about it. With tweaks and a smarter AI it would work. Maybe to me it just seems weird having a ranged totem dropped to stack SF as melée.

Could just be the same as Searing Totem I suppose.

Discuss.

Imo get lil' elemental pet's! Fire ele put's a dot target and you pew pew... or just add a fracking pet bar...
    Still looking for a reason to come back...

The issue with adding a pet bar is the fact that shaman already have a pet bar every 2 minutes. So Blizzard would need to make another pet bar module that would work next to the spirit wolf one. That's actually the basic reason why Blizzard is trying to make the ST "smarter".

I think if done right it could work really well or be really bad. I suggested a an idea a while ago to change our searing totem into a totem that summons three spirits of fire.
    We Need Searing Flames talent Fix
    I believe the only big issue holding shamans back right now is the searing totem talent. It was a bad idea to start with and was thrown into our tree and never looked at again.

I just can't believe how they could even implement this kind of mechanic into our rotation, it doesn't fit with enhancement and I feel like they just made the talent to buff lava lash.

I have two ideas that I think could work and I would change the searing flames talent to:

Spirits of fire

Your searing totem now summon the spirits of fire, three fire spirits (maybe look like three fire versions of yourself or three small versions of fire elemental) each fire spirit follow your target and set it aflame, has a 50%/100% chance to burn your target for searing bolts damage over 15 sec. When all three spirits have perished or wear off your next lava burst becomes instant cast for 15sec.

I think this idea could fix the movement issue with our searing totem. I would change improved lava lash to: increase damage of ll by 15/30% and lowers cooldown by 2/4 sec.

or

Second idea:

Empowered Searing Totem

Your Searing Totem becomes empowered splitting into three separate fire totems. Each fire totem fires a searing bolt every 3 sec consecutively. each hitting for searing bolts damage over 15 sec. (cannot be aoed)If one of the totem is killed the other two totems fire two searing bolts each every 3 sec consecutively. If two totems are killed the last totem fires four searing bolts consecutively every 3 sec. each bolt hitting for searing totems damage over 15 sec. 40 yd range.

If you like the ideas can someone post to the official beta forums so they can change searing flames. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheThirdTry View Post
    I think if done right it could work really well or be really bad. I suggested a an idea a while ago to change our searing totem into a totem that summons three spirits of fire.
    Mirror Image? No thanks.

I see your point though.

it's not that bad of an idea actually. to make it work though they would have to make fire elemental a full fledged pet which you're able to navigate, or some tiny fire elemental spawning after you hit the enemy with fire damage, hitting the target, applying those.

if you're using fire elemental though, you'de have to remove that cooldown though.

also, giving fire elemental a pet bar wouldn't be as bad as you make it sound, hollow. it will simply share wolves pet bar. whenever you activate wolves, the pet bar will gain wolves abilities. outside of it, it's empty (attack/stay/follow as well as passive/aggressive/defensice are still there ofc).

would mean that fire elemental would do the same as feral spirits, but how bad can that be? it's not a bad thing either that feral spirits are both attacking the same target either, or is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.