Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehran View Post
    Hyjal and Vashir will both be level 78-81/82
    No.
    It will be 80-82. Can't quest there if you're not 80.

You have never needed previous expansion epics to level successfully in the beginning of the new expansion. However, you could start the new zones two levels earlier than the previous max (58 for outland, 68 for northrend) so it wouldn't have really been possible to level in hellfire at 58 if it required lvl 60 epics.

Cataclysm is a bit different in that the two starter zones are tuned for level 80 instead of 78, but you should still be fine without accumulating any epics ahead of time. I mean, think about all the goblins, worgen, and assorted new characters that are going to be coming up soon. With no one raiding Icecrown anymore, how could they be expected to get level 80 epics before venturing into Hyjal?
    Last edited by Anoregon; 2010-11-03 at 03:55 PM.

Hello no! First Quests in Hyjal/this horrible Underwater-Zone rewards you with ilvl272 greens.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    You have never needed previous expansion epics to level successfully in the beginning of the new expansion. However, you could start the new zones two levels earlier than the previous max (58 for outland, 68 for northrend) so it wouldn't have really been possible to level in hellfire at 58 if it required lvl 60 greens.

Cataclysm is a bit different in that the two starter zones are tuned for level 80 instead of 78, but you should still be fine without accumulating any epics ahead of time. I mean, think about all the goblins, worgen, and assorted new characters that are going to be coming up soon. With no one raiding Icecrown anymore, how could they be expected to get level 80 epics before venturing into Hyjal?
    The begining (of Hyjal or Vashj'ir) is easy.
    You'll have time to gear up while questing before it gets more... difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    I don't believe so because people levelling fresh toons through Northrend might head to Vash'jir or whatever at 78.
    I coulda swore I read a blue post somewhere that said (unlike prev expansions) Cata will not be balanced for level 78 (not sure if that means too difficult for that level or simply quests not being available or nothing at all) because they wanted to focus on balancing it for 80-85.

Not entirely sure though, it might be worth investigating