Thread: Crybaby tanks

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Seen several of these topics lately. It doesn't matter. You don't need a tank for heroics right now. I end up "tanking" every heroic boss even if I queue as DPS. The boss is dead within the span of my DPS cooldown. Even if the healer wasn't healing me, I wouldn't die.

You don't need a tank for leveling dungeons either, and haven't for quite a while.

Period.

I also experienced something just like this in a level 40-45 dungeon.

It was Mara Purple, and we were progressing as per usual, until we come across a lone treant. The tank is lagging behind the rest of the group at this point, so I (and the mage) decide to deal with it. We take it down in moments, and the tank says "Would you like to tank? I can go DPS". I reply with "...", merely to indicate that I recognise him, but I don't really care. So at this point, the rest of the group starts to pull whatever they like, probably to show the tank he's not needed. But he gets all upset and calls us impatient, acting as if he's crucial to the group, and he seems to think we'll be threatened by the fact that he's leaving the dungeon.

We finished the dungeon, without needing a tank.

PM Signature Requests: Closed / Queue: 0 / My Work! / Tutorial!

I usually don't lose aggro when tanking.

But if someone gets it because he thinks he's Johnny Flash, I don't care. Help yourself or hope the healer is more caring than me and not dpsing himself, or die or whatever. Damage dealers are expendable.

You pull it you tank it.
    If the healer feels like healing you that is his/her business.

Thats actually not true I am the type of tank who wants to push my ability to play to the limits.

#1 if your a caster feel free to single target dps any mob I am not targeting
    #2 Fearbombs = awesome
    #3 Melee if you get aggro run away from the tank

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who almost solely plays tanks, I love it when DPS pulls aggro. It means I get to do something a little different than the normal rotations.

I like things to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    You pull it you tank it.
    If the healer feels like healing you that is his/her business.

Thats actually not true I am the type of tank who wants to push my ability to play to the limits.

#1 if your a caster feel free to single target dps any mob I am not targeting
    #2 Fearbombs = awesome
    #3 Melee if you get aggro run away from the tank
    I don't mind if I have to tank it. But is it really needed for him to say that same sentiment then cry about it when it happens?

Do you think low level tanking is such a bundle of fun?
    Hunters running off while you are drinking/eating or more importantly your healer is drinking and eating.
    Deathtards still in bloodpresence deathgripping and death and decaying mobs before you can tag them. (no seriously this weekend I had to tank for a real deathtard, a deathknight from the old days, spellpowerplate, blood spec + bloodpresence, No matter how many times I told him to get into frostpresence he just kept on being in bloodpresence attacking mobs that I had low agro on, so I let him die a couple of times before he left on his own)

Tanks doing 60% of the damage in an instance and thats not just because the damage of tanks is rather high at the moment, but I have noticed that some dps just stand around doing nothing.

Its an ungrateful job

Seriously people.

I've played all three roles from RFC to Wrath heroics. The only thing that annoyed me was warlocks life tapping themselves almost to death in the middle of pulls at low levels when I only had one healing spell. Other than that, fine. I've tanked dungeons as Arms. I've healed dungeons as Ret. I've DPSed dungeons as Holy priest.

These things are not hard. Get over yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by AlysonMeyer View Post
    You know, there's a reason why there's a shortage on tanks. Tanking is a stressful job, and it's not made any easier by unmindful dps nuking without a care for their threat.
    Tanking is stressful? O.o

If you find tanking stressful you probably aren't doing it correctly. Tanking is only as stressful as you let it be. Don't think I've ever became stressed due to being a tank(been tanking since 2.0). Though maybe I just have a high tolerance for stress and just never notice it....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Been tanking on my warrior since Vanilla.

In the very rare event any caster pulls aggro off of me the mob never gets within melee range of the caster before I regain aggo.
    If a Melee pulls aggro I wont notice it until I hit that mob via tab targeting (Don't use tidy plates)
    Good for you. What does that have to do with this thread? You just saw a thread about tanks and said, look at me I know how to play sort of!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

This is the biggest problem I usually face:
    Pally tank me
    2 range
    1 melee
    1 heals

I pull pack of 4+ mobs

Range being impatient these days goes all out single target

I try to get the mob back right away

Other dps are beating on the other mobs and end up grabbing aggro since I am busy getting the other mob back.

Now I have to deal with 2-3 dps tanking different mobs.

Usually when I am tanking I don't lose aggro as long s dps gives me 2 gcd. the problem arises when they open up before my AS hits any of the mobs. I tell them once that give me a sec or two to pack the mobs together and then do whatever they want. If the don't listen they are tanking it.

Also its not a big problem letting them tank since if a mage(for example) pulls a single mob off me I know by the time the mob gets in melee range of the mage its gonna die. For the mage to pull off my 6k tank has to be equally or better geared than me and at that level of gear the mage can easily take out a 65k-130k trash mobs.

I can understand tanks being pissed. Stupid and arrogant DDs prevent them from doing their job. They wouldn' be queueing as tanks if they weren't willing to do it. I understand it's frustrating being in a dungeon grp, trying to do what you like doing an what you and your spec are meant to do, and some dumbass treats you as if you were unimportant and expendable.

I'm well aware that in the current content, I can blast away with my DD spec and wouldn't even be needing a tank in the majority of the situations. Yeah, we could zerg our way through Halls of Stone without a tank. Great. So what?

I prefer to "play nice" nonetheless and not piss of the tank. If there's a tank in the grp and he's willing to tank - go ahead, bro. Because I don't want to disrespect him. That's called social skills - something today's WOW players obviously can't re-gem or reforge to.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    No one says it's hard, it's more of an annoyance that people don't do what they are supposed to do.
    It's not my fault that tanks are irrelevant at every level of content.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    It's not my fault that tanks are irrelevant at every level of content.
    But it's your fault if you're behaving like a douche.

If a tank is losing aggro in this game as it stands right now, someone's doing something wrong. Either the DPS is by attacking early, or bursting a target the tank has only just touched, or the tank is... cause the tank sucks. DPS have gotten damn lazy, but so have tanks. There is NO reason to lose aggro if you are even halfway decent, PERIOD.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    But it's your fault if you're behaving like a douche.
    If you mean "behaving like a douche" to mean anything I've posted here, fine.

If you mean "behaving like a douche" to include fast-forwarding a 5 man by ignoring whatever the tank is supposed to be doing, no. If the healer has mana and no one is dying, anything goes.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    when i dps on my fury warr i start the instance by saying im sorry for when im gona pull aggro.

tanking on my druid i hold aggro in grps whit no problems easy as hell tab maul lacerate switpe easy as hell, mobs runs of to a clothie i just taunt it back and give him a few, melee i usualy let fend for the mselfs, tho as i tab i rearly loose a mob to em.
    (had a 277 fury warr whit lolmourn once, i gave up and let him do w\e he wanted as i protected the clothies)

when i heal on my priest i keep every one alive usualy i end up healing dps more tha ntanks, unless dps are crappy geared.

so basicly if ur awake enough to log in and play,ur awake enough to actualy use the utilities ur class provedes
    even tho it isnt how it conforms whit ur reality...
    play the game play together and stop whining.
    --------------------------
    Main: Debirù Fury\Prot(85)
    Alt: Cèrberus Retri\Holy(8)
    Alt: Carrnage Holy\Shadow(81)
    Alt: Silverblue Fire\Arc(80)
    Alt: Bambì Bear\Cat(80)
    Alt: Kikensei Enhance\Resto(72+)

I am Dyslexian, and English is my 3rd language, you have been warrned.

I am a tank, and I act like a douche when people are retarded. IE, pulling before I am there, knocking groups back (druids and shaman), and completely ignoring mechanics to the point of killing people (they usually kill the healer in Forge of Souls)

And I wouldn't run with any tank that DIDN'T think they were the baddest mother F#cker to ever play the game.

My rules of thumb:

When tanking: you hit a mob before me, you tank it. If a hunter MDs something that I didn't pull, I let him tank it when MD threat fades. If I pull the group, then I will do my best to keep everything on me. Sometimes people peel, I deal.

In pit of saron I once had a priest MC a mob I planned on skipping. I stood there, watched the MC. When the MC faded, I watched it walk over, 2-shot the priest, then taunted while the rest of us killed the mob.

When Healing: I have no problem with locks who lifetap, I don't get that. However, I have this simple policy: If you are taking avoidable damage (ie, standing in the fire), and I need to use more mana healing you than it would cost to res you, I opt for the latter and let you die, then res you afterward. Needless to say, a lot of DPS have died at the end of forge of souls when I've healed that. Purple soul wells = bad, and every time I have to heal you for standing in it, that's 1 less heal for the tank.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2010-11-03 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin5 View Post
    I am a tank, and I act like a douche when people are retarded. IE, pulling before I am there, knocking groups back (druids and shaman), and completely ignoring mechanics to the point of killing people (they usually kill the healer in Forge of Souls)

And I wouldn't run with any tank that DIDN'T think they were the baddest mother F#cker to ever play the game.
    Tired of this attitude tbh. My main is a tank and I find it fun to run with people who want to challenge my tanking capability. I see no point in acting like a "badass" or barking orders at people in easy ass heroic dungeons. I guess it's some sort of weird ego thing?