Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Realm First Profession

Is anyone going for a realm first profession? It's just a matter of spending a lot of gold. A friend of mine got a RF Alc and it cost her around 7k in WotLK. Of course the risk is you spend all that gold and someone beats you to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    having a maxxed proff very early cant ever be a bad thing, I may not be going or realm first but i will have mining and skinning at 525 asap. If it costs you 7k you can almost guarantee that you will get that back fairly quick.. as long as you are smart with it.

What Caylis said, assuming you're not doing something stupid, you're bound to break even without much effort.

There are rumors that archelogy will be available when 4.0.3 hit live before Cataclysm. Anyone have heard something about it?

If it only cost 7K to max my JC and another 7K to max Enchanting. Then hell yeah im going for realm first.
    I have 150.000G waiting to level my char fast in profs and gear at 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordybe View Post
    If it only cost 7K to max my JC and another 7K to max Enchanting. Then hell yeah im going for realm first.
    I have 150.000G waiting to level my char fast in profs and gear at 85.
    Well that was in WotLK. Inflation means it will likely be much more in Cata.

Realm First Herbalist.

Tauren + Epic Flight Form Druid + 2nd account with 80 pally on autofollow = ezmode realm first Herbalist.

Where can we find these mats fast?
    I got macros ready, but i have a feeling someone will just farm their own mats for JC/Alchemy

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to go for Realm First Fishing, just for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    How dare they include fantastic and mysterious wonders in my fantasy game? All the graphics and story just get in the way of my enjoying optimizing the spreadsheet that defines my character.
    [G] [Ravenwake]: I been loot mastered by kerf for so long, I dont know any other way? is it abuse? is it love? who can tell
    Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am // Symara: I'll tell them Chuck Norris wears Kerfanna Pyjamas.

Fishing realm first guide:
    1. make sure you have 450 fishing prior to expansion
    2. preorder game online so you can pre-download and install component
    3. log out on Dec 6th with fishingpole in hand (next to a fishing trainer).
    4. log in on Dec. 7th at 12:00 pst.
    5. learn illustrious fishing from the fishing trainer.
    6. run (don't walk) to the nearest fishable water source.
    7. fish over and over for several hours non-stop until 525 fishing (don't bother with lures because that wastes time, this isn't about the fish but the skill-ups).
    Last edited by Hokkaido; 2010-11-07 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkaido View Post
    3. log out on Dec 6th with fishingpole in hand (preferable near a fishable water source in case blizzard doesn't move you while server is down.
    5. run (don't walk) to the nearest fishable water source.
    6. fish over and over for several hours non-stop until 525 fishing (don't bother with lures because that wastes time, this isn't about the fish but the skill-ups).
    Not quite, you should log out next to the trainer, so you can learn illustrious, else all that fishing does nothing.

So true, you are exactly right! I will update my guide to reflect that change.

Someone asked me whether there was a quest to get past profession skill 500- I had never heard of such a thing, but I figured I'd ask here. Anyone know of something like that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euripides View Post
    Someone asked me whether there was a quest to get past profession skill 500- I had never heard of such a thing, but I figured I'd ask here. Anyone know of something like that?
    Currently you need to do the starting quest chain at Twilight Highlands to see the NPCs because they are phased (Dragonmaw Port for Horde and Highbank for alliance). These NPCs sell the recipes for Leatherworking, Blacksmithing and Tailoring. Your trainer currently won't teach you any recipe for these professions for the 500+ parts.

You need level 84 to do the quests, so it's a bit strange. I wanted to powerlevel professions with alts, but this will definitely slow this down.
    Last edited by mmoc3a88d6d3b0; 2010-11-07 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterwp View Post
    Currently you need to do the starting quest chain at Twilight Highlands to see the NPCs because they are phased (Dragonmaw Port for Horde and Highbank for alliance). These NPCs sell the recipes for Leatherworking, Blacksmithing and Tailoring. Your trainer currently won't teach you any recipe for these professions for the 500+ parts.

You need level 84 to do the quests, so it's a bit strange. I wanted to powerlevel professions with alts, but this will definitely slow this down.
    Is this only for level 500+ recipes? If so, where are the initial cataclysm trainers? And while I'm at it, how do I get to the starting cataclysm zones?

I leveled 5 chars from 70 to 75 just for profession alts so this kinda sucks for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviddishere View Post
    Is this only for level 500+ recipes? If so, where are the initial cataclysm trainers? And while I'm at it, how do I get to the starting cataclysm zones?

I leveled 5 chars from 70 to 75 just for profession alts so this kinda sucks for me.
    Every trainer can teach you the new recipes. They fixed this with 4.0.1, you can learn everything in the old capital cities, you no longer need to go to Dalaran.

You get to the starting zones, by accepting a quest in your capital City. For example in Orgrimmar there is a huge banner: http://cata.wowhead.com/object=206109

You just pick up the quest and do the chain, it's really easy and simple.

I got realm first alchemist on Muradin US and I barely spent anything on it. Most I spent was may be 300ish gold on the gems to make metas. Pretty sure it was less then that but Im just guessing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuryGnome View Post
    There are rumors that archelogy will be available when 4.0.3 hit live before Cataclysm. Anyone have heard something about it?
    I am curious about this aswell. Didn't the previous Expansion Profession get released on the Expansion Patches aswell? Either way if it is released with the patch then atleast you can aim for the Realm First! Grand Master Archaeology before Cataclysm comes ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddishere View Post
    The way it seems to work is that you can train cataclysm professions at 75, but for jewelcrafting, blacksmithing, leatherworking, you won't be able to get to train any recipes that require a skill of higher than 500 in the city. These recipes are purchased from a vendor in a phased area. Enchanting also stops at 510 in the city, however it may be possible to get to 525 with trainer recipes.

There's a huge portion of important recipes that are locked behind this phased vendor- including stuff like the new eternal belt buckle. Be prepared to pay exorbitant margins on this stuff until there's a critical mass of crafters that have access to that area (which won't include profession alts).

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkaido View Post
    3. log out on Dec 6th with fishingpole in hand (next to a fishing trainer).
    5. learn illustrious fishing from the fishing trainer.
    6. run (don't walk) to the nearest fishable water source.
    7. fish over and over for several hours non-stop until 525 fishing (don't bother with lures because that wastes time, this isn't about the fish but the skill-ups).
    I would say use a one hour 100 skill lure. It takes 2 secs to apply and means you can catch better stuff to use to level your cooking afterward. Also don't forget to set to autoloot as that saves time.

Any guesses how long it roughly takes to get 75 skill points in fishing? Haven't leveled it in 2 years.