Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    A few comments on the spec, Blood in the water is totally useless in the current incarnation of pvp though with the change in cata it will be hard to say if it will be or not, and thick hide is an extremely iffy talent as other things are better, being primal madness and endless carnage, which both are close to 100% needed. in pvp especially you can't always TF when it works best so having it not waste even more energy most of hte time is rather key, then add into that it lets you use abilities in bear mroe simply and it's golden, and endless carnage makes your hardest hitting ability get another tick. Rake hits significantly harder then rip, the main difference is duration so giving it a longer duration makes our best pvp ability even better.

On the topic of racials the way you're using shadowmeld makes it awful and rather worthless, and makes both warstomp and the troll racial far better in pvp. The main use of shadowmeld in pvp is if timed correctly it'll dodge a spell.
    Last edited by scorch109; 2010-11-27 at 08:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wall of Text inc.

Also, note that everything I will say is meant to show people how I see things myself. I'm not trying to prove something or that the OP is wrong. In fact, I'm happy someone actually made a Feral PvP Guide for once. I don't think I've seen a decent one in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Quelsellar View Post
    2. Gear.
    Go for full PvP gear, you really need that resilience
    I have never agreed on wearing full PvP gear, and after 4.0 I still don't. PvE gear in your Ring/Neck/Cloak slots is totally worth it simply because the PvP items for those slots do not give you any Agility. Also, while Resillience has become more important after 4.0, there's no reason to replace these 4-5 PvE items with PvP gear imo. (Getting spammed by 6k icelances instead of 6.5k won't make you survive a welltimed Deep Freeze.)

I agree on the fact that Corroded Skeleton Key is worth it however. It's alot better than the BM trinket (lower CD + 6400 absorb > 4600 health)
    Also, I'd rather take 228 stam over 256 AP any day, especially when you're using some PvE Items. Not to mention that you can re-stealth while absorbing dot-damage.

2.1 Gemming/Enchants/Reforging
    Go for full +20 Agility gems (Delicate Cardinal Ruby) plus one Nightmare Tear in order to activate the meta gem from your helm (our usual Relentless Earthsiege Diamond). I find myself comfortable like this. Bleeds, which currently are our main source of damage scale from Agility, as do our Shreds. You'll find that the more Agi you have, the harder you will be hitting. I have to point out (thanks to the fellow druid contributors!) that it can be a real lifesaver to gem for SpellPenetration
    I wouldn't say you should always go for 20 Agi. Myself, I prefer taking an Agi/Crit gem (or Agi/Hit if you're just a bit below the softcap) when you get a >4 Agi Bonus. SpellPen is a MUST imo, especially for arena's. Opponents will actually resist your Cyclones/Roots quite often when you're not gemming SpellPen.

Atm, I feel like it is quite useless to reforge items to Mastery. Our bleeds (unmitigated by armor) already hit like trucks in PvP. Imho, it would all be wasted gold.
    Bleeds are your best damagedealing abilities. Since Mastery Rating directly affect those bleeds (ALOT) it IS totally worth it. Hitting like 2 trucks > hitting like one, not to mention that you indeed don't need the extra crit since you'll crit 50%+ already with decent gear even while you fully reforge your Crit into Mastery. Also, reforging your entire gear will only cost you ~140-200g max.

2.2 Spec/Glyphs.
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0ZfrMsRurz0fz0c:qMzsimm0z

Shred can be changed with Mangle (+10dmg, ok, fine, but remember you should only mangle once, and then keep shredding)
    The points spent in Blood in the Water are absolutely not worth it in PvP because a bleeding target below 25% HP who's also getting hit by a 4+ CP Ferocious Bite should die in 99% of the cases. Spend those talents in Endless Carnage instead. I see alot of Ferals leaving out this talent, but if Rake lasts 6 more sec, that means you got another 6 sec to pump out some Mangles/Shreds/FB's, which is huge.

I'd say that picking or leaving out Thick Hide is a matter of playstyle, but since it only helps against Melee and since Ferals have never had any serious problems with Melee (even less since 4.0) I myself would always prefer 1 more point in Feral Agression and 2 points in either Primal Madness or Fury Swipes. (I've been switching myself lately, but I think I will stick to Primal Madness)

"Use Mangle once, then keep shredding". That's honestly alot easier said then done (especially in arena). You'll be in alot of situations when you just can't Shred your enemy. If you're focusing on BG/World PvP/Duels, I'd say Glyph of Mangle is better then Shred. If you ARE focusing on arena, then.. (not to be rude) it's simply stupid to ignore Glyph of Mangle.

Do not listen to those who say "Feral is CURRENTLY in a good shape". We are simply OVERPOWERED. I've seen 6-7k Rip ticks. We're gonna get nerfed, it's just a matter of time. We were fine just before 4.0.1, and now we're even better (Skull Bash ftw). Until 3.3.5 we just couldn't solo healers, now we can.
    The people who are saying that are probably trying to make clear that Feral has been both underpowered and underrepresented for a LONG time. (All of Vanilla, all of TBC, 90% of WotLK). But yes, we are Overpowered right now. (I'd say top 3 for sure)

Let's begin with a basic opener/opening sequence:
    Let's say you get the jump on your opponent, e.g. you start in stealth. You move close to him (do NOT charge: Charge is a gap closer (and a free Ravage, ofc) for when things get difficult, while in stealth you can move your #*" with your own four legs, lawl), and get to his back. This is where the game starts.
    Charging in stealth or not totally depends on the target you're going to attack. In quite alot of cases, you WILL want to do a Cat Charge --> Pounce --> Ravage combo. Also, I'm usually against using TF when you're >30 energy, but if you do Cat Charge --> Pounce --> Ravage followed by one or two Mangles (You read that right, no Rake yet) you'll be on 5 CP and with ~40-70 energy left. This is probably the only time when using TF >30 energy might be worth it, so both your Rip and Rake will be affected by the 15% damage buff.

II. Druids
    You can recognise a new Feral from the way he moves. A real Feral will move and jump as much as possible. Those new ones will just Mangle spam you, thus irritating you with its awful sound.
    Agreed on the first part (which is funny btw), but I completely disagree on the Mangle part. Ferals who spam Mangle are not always "new ones". Mangle users are often the Feral Druids that play Arena on a somewhat serious level, because of the reasons I stated before.

Didn't read any of the tactics against the different classes/specs. It's pretty much practising, practising, and practising some more. You'll find out by time.

I must also apologize, I do not know how to create links to items/spells/talents/etc, so please forgive me. If someone will tell me how to do it, I will gladly edit my post in order to clarify it even further.
    Simply click on the globe, insert the URL and it will automatically mark the text which you can edit/adjust.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    gazillion of "cool trolling bro" answers
    Asshat. Atleast tell us what's wrong about what he said. I didn't agree with alot of stuff he said either, but that's no reason to start trolling and acting like a dick.
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2010-11-28 at 12:28 AM.