Thread: PvP Hit cap?

Question PvP Hit cap?

Hey, I'm @ 198 (6,44%) hit and I miss specials way too much and not only against NElves. Odd thing is, I have exactly the same amount of hit on my rogue and I never miss specials (only sometimes against NElves). I know it's ranged/melee, so maybe hunters need more hit than that?

Anyway, what's the hit cap for hunter PvP? Btw, I've seen top-rated players with 5% hit :-/ Maybe I'm doing something wrong here? Ty!

Deleted
    I know that it still is 5% for even-level players(and mobs, too).

Probably it is just bad-luck RNG... Good luck on that!

Ah, I see. Ok thanks!

My guess would be that you're getting hit with some kinda hit related debuff. the cap for even level is still 5%, so assuming your level 80, 6.44% is more than enough that you should NEVER miss any attacks, even your auto-shots.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can not avoid all modifiers like talents that give players chance to be hit less, etc.
    Some of these will work no matter how much hit the attacker stacked.

Deleted
    isnt there something that you need to hit from behind the target for 5% to be capped?

Though I'm not sure if they changed it, do things like Insect Swarm still reduce hit chance?

Quickness and things like Nature Resistance (might affect certain elemental-based skills)

Otherwise.. i have no idea besides hit debuffs.
    Last edited by Omgwtfbbq; 2010-11-03 at 07:25 PM. Reason: fixing links

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbald View Post
    You can not avoid all modifiers like talents that give players chance to be hit less, etc.
    Some of these will work no matter how much hit the attacker stacked.
    Exactly. I'm not sure how many of these remain, but any talent that gives a +chance to miss cannot be overcome by hit.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!