Thread: Jinx

Jinx

So, Jinx talent is constantly removing all other curses, like exhaustion, tongues, or weakness from targets if a target within 40 yards has elements on it... My question, is this how it's supposed to be???? I think I already know the answer, but still, what the... is the point of this talent in PvP? I thought Jinx is supposed to allow 2 curses on a target...

Jinx makes your CoE have an AoE effect. Once you CoE a target (provided you have Jinx talented) any mob within 20/40 yards will get the CoE debuff, and thus overwriting your current curse. Whether it's intended to overwrite other curses I'm not sure...that would be kind of annoying in PvP. But, that's the way it is for now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    So, Jinx talent is constantly removing all other curses, like exhaustion, tongues, or weakness from targets if a target within 40 yards has elements on it... My question, is this how it's supposed to be???? I think I already know the answer, but still, what the... is the point of this talent in PvP? I thought Jinx is supposed to allow 2 curses on a target...
    Jinx 2/2

It does exactly as the talent says; if you curse of elements a target, all other targets w/i range will be affected by it too. Which is good for pve, not so good for pvp

Throw out CoE first, and then individually curse your targets? I believe this is more of a PvE talent than PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    As far as I am aware, you COE a single target, all units within 40 yards also have COE. If that target gets decursed or you cast Weakness overtop of it, you lose COE on all targets.

However, you should be able to COE a single target and still cast Weakness on Jinx'd targets.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted
    I think it is bugged but if it is working as intended it is useless in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    As far as I am aware, you COE a single target, all units within 40 yards also have COE. If that target gets decursed or you cast Weakness overtop of it, you lose COE on all targets.

However, you should be able to COE a single target and still cast Weakness on Jinx'd targets.
    Yes, that's how I expected to be too, but like I said in my 1st post, it's not working like that, any curse I apply on a target that has JINX, it's instantly removed, and JINX re-appears... The only way to put other curses around is to replace the elements on the target is currently on, or don't talent it... I really, really hope it's bugged like Pandemic is, 'cause otherwise it's 101% useless in pvp

15+ Year Old Account
    So quick question - using LK as an example. If in P1 I put CoE on LK, then he spawns all the adds and the Shambling, etc. Do I need to recast CoE to get Jinx to work, or will it automatically go on anything within 40 yards regardless of whether they were present at the time CoE initially went up.

15+ Year Old Account
    HAHA - thanks man