This doesnt make any sense lol

Honestly, it still bugs me and it really doesnt make any sense. Im talking about the achieve to kill the opposing factions leaders. It happens daily on my server and it just doesnt make any sense!!! Think about it lol you kill all the opposing faction leaders in about an hour. Boom. Thats the end of WoW. Your faction has come out on top. hurray! Yes its fun and an easy mount but it doesnt follow any lore or history at all. Disappointing

oh geee...

makes as much sense as killing the same raidboss every week over and over again.

this is a G.A.M.E.
    ...just another dream within a dream...

Deleted
    Game mechanics not following lore? who knew?

You have a point.

But by lore standards. 15 people wouldn't catch a gryphon that flies over enemy fortified areas to the nearest city to a faction leader. Also faction leaders don't just stay in cities, they move around and do the things leaders do. So yes, they let you kill the other faction's leader, but its just a gimme. They couldn't attach lore to it without causing major storyline problems.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

it cant be better than it is, people would say it sucked if you couldnt kill those. end of discussion.

---------- Post added 2010-11-03 at 05:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr View Post
    oh geee...

makes as much sense as killing the same raidboss every week over and over again.

this is a G.A.M.E.
    oh, this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlster View Post
    Honestly, it still bugs me and it really doesnt make any sense. Im talking about the achieve to kill the opposing factions leaders. It happens daily on my server and it just doesnt make any sense!!! Think about it lol you kill all the opposing faction leaders in about an hour. Boom. Thats the end of WoW. Your faction has come out on top. hurray! Yes its fun and an easy mount but it doesnt follow any lore or history at all. Disappointing
    I'll just have to go with everyone else and say it's a game.
    Let's say they get ressurected,
    OR.... it's a false memory / vision. But your faction leader saw it as well and gave you a badass Bear.

Also, the same goes for why the hell there are supposed to be roughly 200,000 people in Stormwind and yet you never see them etc. I really hope they step this up a little for villages like Goldshire etc (it says 7,000 people live there... wtf?)...

- H

15+ Year Old Account
    not everything in the game can follow lore -.- like, why are we farming arthas for his weapons and invincible? i'm pretty sure arthas only had 1 mount... etc. i am therefore disappointed because 'it doesn't follow lore' ?

there all decoys / look a likes (like form the movie hitman) the actual leaders are hiding behind the scenes wait to come out when its important
    Last edited by iluvpudding; 2010-11-03 at 05:05 PM. Reason: mispell

Deleted
    I kinda agree in a way ^^

The only solution I think would be at 0.1% HP they say "OK I submit!" and become unkillable (like so many targets you want to kill but the game doesn't let you) and that gets you the achieve without breaking lore?

Why can't city leaders walk back to their body like players do? The respawn time is long enough for them to rage-log, send hateful whispers to people, take a bio break, grab a fresh bag of Doritos, and log back in/run back to corpse.

Why do players have to be the only thing that death isn't permanent for? It explains everything- raids, quest mobs, faction leaders.

Either the Spirit Healer saves everyone, or no one. Go ask Diablo players how fun Hardcore Mode is when lag/ganking is an issue. One bad death undoes days of work. Well now imagine instead of days, it's weeks. Months. Years.

So quit asking questions before the Spirit Healer decides not to save your inquisitive asses.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlster View Post
    Maybe you should post this in the PvE forums... maybe even the RP forums actually. Someone there might care; just don't qoute me on it though.