15+ Year Old Account

Guild Reputation

I'm looking at possibly doing a gold reward thing for the first 3 people to hit exalted with my guild. This will (hopefully) encourage participation and be a fun thing to work towards when it's Cataclysm time.

I have a few questions though that I need answered before I can setup a contest/reward system along these lines.

First. What specifically grants guild reputation. I know participation in general, but is there an itemized list of action/reward as far as rep goes?

Second. Not sure if anyone on Beta has got exalted yet, but if so how long did it take and how much effort did you put forth? 1-2hrs a day? 8-10?

Those are my main questions. Perhaps others should think about a similar contest for their guildmates and have people pitch in on the total prize. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Very interesting idea.

I don't know what all rewards rep but I think the rewards on beta have so far been inflated so they could test the levelling process. So I don't think anyone knows for sure what it will be like yet. But I read somewhere that they're going to reduce it to the normal levels, so we'll know soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well if anyone has info please let me know.

Guild rep is granted by most of stuff that people will be doing, including solo quests while leveling to 85.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    Guild rep is granted by most of stuff that people will be doing, including solo quests while leveling to 85.
    Is there any indication as to how much rep will be granted by this?

---------- Post added 2010-11-04 at 12:29 PM ----------

bump. If anyone has info on this I would appreciate it. Already started the contest but I would like so idea of maybe how long it takes to go from neut->exalted if anyone has an idea?

15+ Year Old Account
    Guild reputation to exalted took me 1 day for all 8 characters. The rate at which you get rep for the guild is EXTREMELY high at the moment, so I can't tell you how long it will take.
    Besides that, the following things give reputation with the Guild:

-Questing
    -Exploring
    -Boss Kills (Elites and 5 mans count towards this as well)
    -Reputation gain with other factions
    -Trade skills

So basically, almost everything you do will reward a small amount of Guild Reputation.
    Dawwwwwww

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you bahumut5. I guess I'll have to wait until it's live to see the actual reputation values each thing gives you.

I've heard that there is a daily/weekly rep cap possibly in place. Any word on that?

15+ Year Old Account
    There is currently a cap on Daily Guild XP.
    I don't think there is an actual cap for Guild Reputation.

Its most likely due to the useful stuff that is gained by Guild Level for Raiders and PvP'ers.
    I think Blizzard doesn't want to have "But they won cause they have more guild members" kind of QQ, which is why they set a daily cap.

The reputation gained is unlimited as far as I am aware.
    It just takes a while
    Dawwwwwww

15+ Year Old Account
    That makes sense for the guild achievements. I read some post on the forums that guild rep would also be capped. Maybe it was someone assuming things. My whole intention was to make a guild "contest" to get to exalted first and then a prize pool would be divided amongst the top three.

Today I proposed that 50% of the pool would be provided to the first 2 to hit exalted (divided 50/50) and the other 50% of the pool would be put to a vote based on participation, effort etc. So the top 2 people voted on (based on those criteria) would receive the other 50% of the pool split another 50/50. My goal for the contest was to encourage guild participation with the pool. It's currently sitting at about 12k.

Guild Reputation has a weekly cap, So once you have hit that cap you can't gain anymore till it resets, Guild Experience is daily capped not per individual but as a guild as a whole. Guild rep you can get from boss/mob kills turning in dailies and normal quests etc as far as I have seen. Hope this helps^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Guild Reputation has a weekly cap, So once you have hit that cap you can't gain anymore till it resets, Guild Experience is daily capped not per individual but as a guild as a whole. Guild rep you can get from boss/mob kills turning in dailies and normal quests etc as far as I have seen. Hope this helps^
    Thanks a bunch for your input. That helps a lot. Any word on values for say a quest turn-in?
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2010-11-04 at 08:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    That's a bunch for your input. That helps a lot. Any word on values for say a quest turn-in?
    Currently on Beta: 2k rep a quest :P
    However, I would guess that on live, this would be 20-200 rep or something of that kind.
    It is a bit high for testing purpose at the moment.
    Dawwwwwww

Ok so just went and done fishing daily on an alt, seems to still be giving 848 Guild rep for completing that one daily. But the beta Guild Rep had been increased 5x what live will be, Now I also had read they were gonna be turning the guild rep/XP back to normal, and thought it was this build, but it seems to be the same as it was a month or so ago.

So at the moment the cooking/fishing daily is giving 848 rep per hand in (not a human here) so divide that by 5 is about 169-170 rep per hand in? Sounds about right.

Last edited by The Glitch; 2010-11-04 at 08:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    So at the moment the cooking/fishing daily is giving 848 rep per hand in (not a human here) so divide that by 5 is about 169-170 rep per hand in? Sounds about right.
    Thx again Bahumut5. I've figured the beta numbers would be high. Of course for testing purposes you wouldn't want to have people grind endlessly.

@Dancing Turkey.. so lets round that number up and say 200rep for a guild quest? or down to maybe 150 depending on how vindictive Bliz feels lol. Thats still a good chunk while you're leveling!

I really appreciate the input. It may or may not have been stated but if anyone knows the daily cap that would be gravy for me.

As someone mentioned, but bears repeating--Beta had guild rep boosted massively, according to blues, so they could get folks testing guild perks. So you could get Exalted in a day on Beta. THIS WON'T HAPPEN ON LIVE. It'll take longer. How much longer, no clue.

As for things that boost rep...questing from 80-85, doing dailies, and I think also doing dungeons/raids in an all-guild or mostly-guild group.

So far as I know there is no daily cap for reputation, it's a weekly cap. but with such inflated rep gains on beta it's hard to know for sure, all i know is I could cap my weekly gain in one day just by doing Deepholme/wildhammer/fishing/cooking/Uldum/TolBarad Dailies usually had a few of those dailies not gaining rep when handing in.

The rep gains seem to be strange too, I was gaining only 500ish guild rep per deepholm daily where as tol barad 800+ each.

Some quests were only giving smaller numbers too 500-600 then some of the final quests of long quest chains were granting 900+ etc.

So until they really chuck us back to normal gains and actually activate guild rep gains for everything they intend us to get it for it's hard to pinpoint a specific figure.

EDIT: Found some Blue info's

Any quest that rewards experience to you will also reward guild experience. The amount of guild reputation earned is based on the amount of guild experience rewarded. Note that daily quests will also reward guild experience.

All guild reputation is gained as a factor of guild experience.

As I mentioned in the other post, anything that grants guild xp will also grant guild facton. So that means that winning a rated BG with your guild or completing specific guild achievments will reward faction as well as completing quests or killing instance bosses.

You are currently only earning guild rep from questing. Based on this, your rep gain speed will be slow since you are missing out on the other two ways to earn it. (rated BG's and boss kills) We just activated guild xp on dungeons so you should see the rate increase from that. You will see another increase once rated BG's are active. Guild achievements will not affect guild rep since the xp that you earn goes directly to the guild and not the players.

We are watching the rep gain rate both internally and on the beta and we will tune as necessary right up to launch. Guild rep gain is scaled based on the amount of time we think a player should need to invest in a guild to earn the rewards and contribute. It's not something that you can just "grind out" like a normal world faction.

The 5x multiplier is currently active for both experience and reputation. Getting stuck around 9k is right around where we expect players to be with the multiplier. The cap on reputation is weekly and will reset Tuesday night at 3am.

Sorry for the mix up.

Source:http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=2000&pageNo=1

---------- Post added 2010-11-04 at 08:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Heliorad View Post
    As someone mentioned, but bears repeating--Beta had guild rep boosted massively, according to blues, so they could get folks testing guild perks. So you could get Exalted in a day on Beta. THIS WON'T HAPPEN ON LIVE. It'll take longer. How much longer, no clue.

As for things that boost rep...questing from 80-85, doing dailies, and I think also doing dungeons/raids in an all-guild or mostly-guild group.
    I don't know anyone who got to Exalted in one day on Beta, not sure how they could, even with the inflated gains there is a weekly cap on what you can gain. So therefore you would reach the weekly cap before being able to become exalted. And I've been there since Alpha unless they done it the night before reset then got it next day
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2010-11-04 at 09:06 PM.