Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This is all for beta, meaning lvl 85, again another poster concerned about numbers at lvl 80.

Pritty sad..... its what helps to prevent me from playing the game these days.....playing in mechanics that aren't even live and maybe not be for months, trying to get a grip of a game that isn't even out yet or designed for the CURRENT content, when I look at my login screen it says WOTLK and NOT Cataclysm so I dn't know why the go about doing this.

That is why we have PTR's....

Quote Originally Posted by Hellphantine View Post
    This. Essentially they're just trying to bring balance to current content. Though I'm kinda laughing 'cause me spec (balance) was like the only one not to get hit with the nerf stick. The point is, they're doing stuff right now that will scale better when Cataclysm hits.
    *hides death knight*

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    Yea there will be lots of screaming over these because people fail to realize it says "beta build" and not live. Just play the game, stand by the class you play, and it will work out. As ErWH said, its a beta build for level 85. If I had to guess the Cata will open up much like WOTLK did with 359 being bottem level gear and will likely scale way past 400 on gear very quickly.

As level 85 classes scale with gear the dps will be plenty for the current content and will likely be much better than it is now so breath.....
    Like it worked out when Wrath released where rogues brought nothing unique to the raid and did less DPS than a ton of other classes(outside of a bugged spec that was fixed abnormally quickly), so they weren't worth bringing?

Yea there will be lots of screaming over these because people fail to realize it says "beta build" and not live. Just play the game, stand by the class you play, and it will work out. As ErWH said, its a beta build for level 85. If I had to guess the Cata will open up much like WOTLK did with 359 being bottem level gear and will likely scale way past 400 on gear very quickly.

As level 85 classes scale with gear the dps will be plenty for the current content and will likely be much better than it is now so breath.....
    Do you think? Does it make sense that they would be nerfing rogues more at 85 where they are already weak? Besides that this is probably just the low level numbers pass they were talking about so it has no affect on anyone at all even at 85, but if this were for real at all levels then you would be completely and totally off base because nothing was fixed for rogues and hunters.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falathien View Post
    Please tell me I am under Drugs and that this isn't true !
    this mutilate nerf just killed rogue assasination pvp

Good Job Blizzard ! A Nerf is what we needed right now

Rogue (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Assassination

* Ambush now deals 90% weapon damage, down from 190%. Deals 130% weapon damage if a dagger is equipped, down from 275%.
    * Venomous Wounds damage increased by 66%, from 403 to 675.
    * Mutilate now deals 63% weapon damage, down from 150%.

Combat

* Backstab now deals 111% weapon damage, down from 200%.
    * Sinister Strike now deals 42% weapon damage, down from 100%.
    * Bandit's Guile now increases damage to the target by up to 30%. (Up from 15%)
    * Revealing Strike now deals 81% weapon damage, down from 125%.
    * Aggression now increases damage of Sinister Strike, Backstab, and Eviscerate by 7/14/20%, up from 5/10/15%.

Subtlety

* Redirect now also redirects any insight gained from Bandit's Guile.
    * Hemorrhage now deals 69% weapon damage, down from 110%. Deals 100% weapon damage if a dagger is equipped, down from 160%.
    * Mastery: Executioner now increases damage done by all your finishing moves, and the effectiveness of your Slice and Dice and Recuperate abilities, by 16%, down from 20%.

Glyph

* Slice and Dice now increases the duration of Slice and Dice by 6 sec, up from 3 sec.
    About time really!

Rogues that can heal? Give me a break!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't the nerfs to reduce the damage output of lower levels and then it gradually increases dmg done.

I believe these numbers are for the skills at lvl 1. The skills will gradually get stronger as you level and probably reach what they are in 4.0.1 or close to it by lvl 70-85.

Thing is I think most people are fed up with this "Its only beta,so Hakuna-Matata". So far Blizz has been unable to fix rogue dps both on beta and live and people are starting to loose hope.Its even worse than it was at naxx lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by ajayen View Post
    This is all for beta, meaning lvl 85, again another poster concerned about numbers at lvl 80.
    .... I don't understand this point of view. If this was happening at 85

WE WOULD BE FUCKED

But apparently this is just the low level number pass they were planning on. But if this were a real change we would be totally and utterly screwed as a dps class. Because btw rogues already suck at 85.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing ppl forget is that Blizz wants to recreate the leveling experience. As of now, lower levels are just flat out annihilating mobs. My rogue just needs to hit mutilate and the mob is dead. The same for other classes. They want mobs to be be tough enough so that multiple mobs are actually a threat.

This is yet another balancing pass. That is all.

Oh ya, not that I really care, but try a BG at a lower level and enjoy being 1 shot by ambush.
    Last edited by Roose; 2010-11-03 at 09:30 PM.

So as an example, Sinister Strike is currently planned to do 42% weapon damage at level 1, with the percentage of weapon damage rising per level up to its maximum potential at 80.
    This

Just read in a different post quoting a blue post that these changes are intended for lower level classes and not level 85. They are going to allow the attacks nad spells to scale with level back up to full damage only realizing max dps/damage/base at max level. Reading is fantastic.
    I pointed that out in the post you just quoted so were you trying to 1-up me or what?

The thing that Boub didn't post: The % will scale with level, reaching it's maximum (I assume the same as in live) damage at lvl 80.

Do people even read? This is a CATACLYSM BETA BUILD note. This has NOTHING to do with live.

Quote Originally Posted by Fest View Post
    Like it worked out when Wrath released where rogues brought nothing unique to the raid and did less DPS than a ton of other classes(outside of a bugged spec that was fixed abnormally quickly), so they weren't worth bringing?

yeap.....this

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Do people even read? This is a CATACLYSM BETA BUILD note. This has NOTHING to do with live.
    But Rogues need a buff in Beta as well as live. It's not a nerf at lvl 80 anyway.

Deleted
    Blizz are trying to balance classes atm so when we all get 85 we should be equal (Yeh, right...) so don't fret if you got nerfed now, thing should balance out in cata, unless you're a paladin, in which case you're probably gonna get hot-fixed soon to replace all your heals with off-GCD stuns (wouldn't surprise me)

These nerfs do not impact lvl 80 toons guys. They're putting in scaling for lower lvl toons, Scaling goes up to 80, so no your dmg is not gonna go boom. There's a blue post on it. Can we get these whine threads locked/deleted please?

Quote Originally Posted by TWBrien View Post
    These nerfs do not impact lvl 80 toons guys. They're putting in scaling for lower lvl toons, Scaling goes up to 80, so no your dmg is not gonna go boom. There's a blue post on it. Can we get these whine threads locked/deleted please?
    QFT - And Boub please post the Blue Post explaining the coefficients scaling.